May 13, 2014, 9:42 AM EDT
Georgetown has landed their third front court recruit in the Class of 2015 as Jessie Govan has committed to be a Hoya, according to multiple media reports.
He ranks No. 60 in the class of 2015, according to Rivals.com.
Govan is a highly-talented post player, the kind of true center that knows how to score with his back to the basket. He can be a bit soft at times and needs to develop a bit of nastiness around the rim that will allow him to use his 6-foot-10, 260-pound frame to bully defenders, but the physical tools are there for the native New Yorker to be a very good piece in Georgetown’s system.
Govan joins Marcus Derrickson and Noah Dickerson, who committed over the weekend, as Georgetown’s 2015 recruiting class. All three are ranked in the top 75 by Rivals and they should provide the Hoyas with the kind of front court weapons that they’ve been missing the past two seasons.
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) 0
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Washington’s big Monday, Maryland’s insurance, Two 2016 guards off board 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 15 Oklahoma Sooners 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Which new coaching hires will succeed? 0
- No longer supplementary pieces, two Texans will lead the way at Weber State 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Weber State won’t lack for challengers in Big Sky 0
- Led by senior forward Alan Williams, UCSB capable of earning first NCAA tournament bid since 2011 0
- Big Ten writers release media poll, Wisconsin sits atop the league (6)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (2)
- First Preseason Top 25 poll is out, Kentucky sits at No. 1 (2)
- Maryland senior forward suffers sprained ankle (2)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Mid-Major Power Rankings (1)