May 13, 2014, 9:42 AM EDT
Georgetown has landed their third front court recruit in the Class of 2015 as Jessie Govan has committed to be a Hoya, according to multiple media reports.
He ranks No. 60 in the class of 2015, according to Rivals.com.
Govan is a highly-talented post player, the kind of true center that knows how to score with his back to the basket. He can be a bit soft at times and needs to develop a bit of nastiness around the rim that will allow him to use his 6-foot-10, 260-pound frame to bully defenders, but the physical tools are there for the native New Yorker to be a very good piece in Georgetown’s system.
Govan joins Marcus Derrickson and Noah Dickerson, who committed over the weekend, as Georgetown’s 2015 recruiting class. All three are ranked in the top 75 by Rivals and they should provide the Hoyas with the kind of front court weapons that they’ve been missing the past two seasons.
- USA U19 team wins in overtime of gold-medal game over Croatia at FIBA World Championships 0
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players in the Class of 2008? 1
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players in the Class of 2007? 1
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2006? 0
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2005? 1
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2004? 2
- Bo Ryan to retire from Wisconsin after next season 4