May 13, 2014, 9:42 AM EDT
Georgetown has landed their third front court recruit in the Class of 2015 as Jessie Govan has committed to be a Hoya, according to multiple media reports.
He ranks No. 60 in the class of 2015, according to Rivals.com.
Govan is a highly-talented post player, the kind of true center that knows how to score with his back to the basket. He can be a bit soft at times and needs to develop a bit of nastiness around the rim that will allow him to use his 6-foot-10, 260-pound frame to bully defenders, but the physical tools are there for the native New Yorker to be a very good piece in Georgetown’s system.
Govan joins Marcus Derrickson and Noah Dickerson, who committed over the weekend, as Georgetown’s 2015 recruiting class. All three are ranked in the top 75 by Rivals and they should provide the Hoyas with the kind of front court weapons that they’ve been missing the past two seasons.
- College Basketball Talk’s Class of 2015 Draft 0
- Marcus Foster still hasn’t forgotten, or forgiven, those pulled scholarships 2
- Las Vegas Thursday Recap: Skal Labissiere, Stephen Zimmerman perform well 0
- Malik Beasley looking to capitalize on a big spring, summer 0
- Top 15 recruit Antonio Blakeney has made the ‘jump’ — literally — to elite status 2
- July Live Period Week Two Superlatives 0
- Seven Takeaways from the Under Armour Finals 0
- Mother of elite recruit Josh Jackson: ‘Josh hasn’t been recruited by anyone’ (5)
- Isaiah Austin has a job with the NBA once he finishes degree at Baylor (2)
- Missouri State’s Marcus Marshall works to strengthen knee, leadership abilities (2)
- Report: 2015 phenom Ben Simmons fully committed to attending LSU (2)
- Mixtape for Ben Simmons, who proves he’s 2015′s No. 1 player (VIDEO) (2)