May 13, 2014, 9:42 AM EDT
Georgetown has landed their third front court recruit in the Class of 2015 as Jessie Govan has committed to be a Hoya, according to multiple media reports.
He ranks No. 60 in the class of 2015, according to Rivals.com.
Govan is a highly-talented post player, the kind of true center that knows how to score with his back to the basket. He can be a bit soft at times and needs to develop a bit of nastiness around the rim that will allow him to use his 6-foot-10, 260-pound frame to bully defenders, but the physical tools are there for the native New Yorker to be a very good piece in Georgetown’s system.
Govan joins Marcus Derrickson and Noah Dickerson, who committed over the weekend, as Georgetown’s 2015 recruiting class. All three are ranked in the top 75 by Rivals and they should provide the Hoyas with the kind of front court weapons that they’ve been missing the past two seasons.
- North Carolina athletic director Bubba Cunningham comments on Rashad McCants situation 1
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 0
- Former Michigan center discusses hasty departure for the NBA (VIDEO) 0
- Five-star 2015 center trims list to five 1
- College of Charleston coaching search takes another turn 0
- Rivals releases new rankings for the Class of 2015 0
- Will Bill Self and Kansas play small-ball this season? 2
- DePaul’s Purnell loses fifth recruit that signed letter of intent (3)
- Former Ole Miss star Marshall Henderson getting pro tryout in Italy (2)
- Will Bill Self and Kansas play small-ball this season? (2)
- Report: Ex-Spartan forward headed to Ohio (1)
- Blue Ribbon releases their Preseason First Team All-Americans (1)