May 13, 2014, 9:42 AM EDT
Georgetown has landed their third front court recruit in the Class of 2015 as Jessie Govan has committed to be a Hoya, according to multiple media reports.
He ranks No. 60 in the class of 2015, according to Rivals.com.
Govan is a highly-talented post player, the kind of true center that knows how to score with his back to the basket. He can be a bit soft at times and needs to develop a bit of nastiness around the rim that will allow him to use his 6-foot-10, 260-pound frame to bully defenders, but the physical tools are there for the native New Yorker to be a very good piece in Georgetown’s system.
Govan joins Marcus Derrickson and Noah Dickerson, who committed over the weekend, as Georgetown’s 2015 recruiting class. All three are ranked in the top 75 by Rivals and they should provide the Hoyas with the kind of front court weapons that they’ve been missing the past two seasons.
- Maryland point guard Melo Trimble to return for sophomore season 1
- Frank Kaminsky, Jahlil Okafor highlight five Wooden Award finalists 3
- 2015 NCAA Tournament All-Second Weekend Team 2
- While a major question remains unanswered, No. 4 North Carolina can be special in 2015-16 3
- Tournament darling R.J. Hunter is heading to the NBA 3
- Texas freshman Myles Turner declares for the NBA Draft 6
- The Final Four is set, and it’s going to be insane 24
- Andrew Harrison’s late free throws send No. 1 Kentucky to the Final Four (88)
- Kentucky responds to Daxter Miles Jr.’s pregame comments (30)
- Updated tournament records: Big Ten teams make up half of Final Four (27)
- The Final Four is set, and it’s going to be insane (24)
- West Virginia freshman on Kentucky: ‘They’re going to be 36-1′ (21)