May 14, 2014, 3:40 PM EDT
After averaging 17.2 points and 3.5 rebounds per game last season, former West Virginia guard Eron Harris is regarded as one of the top available transfers in college basketball. While he won’t be able to help a team immediately in game action as he’ll have to sit out the 2014-15 season per NCAA transfer rules, Harris would be a valuable addition for a program in need of production on the perimeter.
And in a story written by Kyle Neddenriep of the Indianapolis Star on Wednesday, three Big Ten schools currently stand out in the eyes of the Indianapolis native: Michigan, Michigan State and Purdue. The report comes two days after Harris spent some time on the Purdue campus.
“I learned some new things about Purdue,” he said. “They basically let me know they wanted me and that is a good feeling. But I’m still planning to get to Michigan and Michigan State both. Their schedules and my schedule haven’t matched up very well, but we’ll work something out.”
All three schools have experienced important personnel losses on the perimeter this offseason, with both Michigan (Nik Stauskas) and Michigan State (Gary Harris) losing players to the NBA Draft. Michigan State also lost senior point guard Keith Appling from its perimeter rotation, and Purdue will have to account for the departures of both Terone (graduation) and Ronnie (transfer) Johnson.
It was also noted in the story that programs such as Auburn and Indiana have reached out to Harris, who stated that he would like to “get situated as soon as I can” at his next school.
- Report: Yogi Ferrell to return to Indiana for senior season 1
- Texas point guard Isaiah Taylor returning for junior season 1
- EYBL Day 1: Jayson Tatum vs. Michael Porter Jr.; De’Aaron Fox, Jarred Vanderbilt go for big outings 0
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List 14
- Providence announces return of point guard Kris Dunn for 2015-16 season 0
- Five-star guard Malik Newman commits to Mississippi State 0
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too-Early Preseason Rankings 0
- Duke lands commitment from elite PG Derryck Thornton, who will reclass (18)
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List (14)
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 (9)
- Louisville adds key grad transfer Damion Lee (6)
- All-MAC guard Shannon Evans to transfer from Buffalo; is athletics director Danny White at fault? (3)