May 14, 2014, 3:40 PM EST
After averaging 17.2 points and 3.5 rebounds per game last season, former West Virginia guard Eron Harris is regarded as one of the top available transfers in college basketball. While he won’t be able to help a team immediately in game action as he’ll have to sit out the 2014-15 season per NCAA transfer rules, Harris would be a valuable addition for a program in need of production on the perimeter.
And in a story written by Kyle Neddenriep of the Indianapolis Star on Wednesday, three Big Ten schools currently stand out in the eyes of the Indianapolis native: Michigan, Michigan State and Purdue. The report comes two days after Harris spent some time on the Purdue campus.
“I learned some new things about Purdue,” he said. “They basically let me know they wanted me and that is a good feeling. But I’m still planning to get to Michigan and Michigan State both. Their schedules and my schedule haven’t matched up very well, but we’ll work something out.”
All three schools have experienced important personnel losses on the perimeter this offseason, with both Michigan (Nik Stauskas) and Michigan State (Gary Harris) losing players to the NBA Draft. Michigan State also lost senior point guard Keith Appling from its perimeter rotation, and Purdue will have to account for the departures of both Terone (graduation) and Ronnie (transfer) Johnson.
It was also noted in the story that programs such as Auburn and Indiana have reached out to Harris, who stated that he would like to “get situated as soon as I can” at his next school.
- NCAA tournament berth the final step for St. John’s senior class 0
- Bracketology: Kentucky reigns and March arrives 5
- Weekend Preview: Saturday will be the season’s best day of games 1
- Bubble Banter: Just how safe is Michigan State, and did Ohio State punch a ticket? 2
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy 12
- Wednesday’s Snacks: No. 1 Kentucky moves to 28-0, Northwestern knocks off Indiana 0
- Duke’s defense once again an issue as they get taken to overtime by Virginia Tech 3
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (12)
- Roy Williams calls out North Carolina fans following win over Georgia Tech (11)
- Bill Self crushed, Jamari Traylor targeted during Kansas State court storm (VIDEO) (11)
- Dez Wells, Melo Trimble lead No. 14 Maryland to upset of No. 5 Wisconsin (9)
- Vanderbilt head coach Kevin Stallings apologizes for postgame outburst directed at freshman guard Wade Baldwin IV (9)