May 16, 2014, 2:20 PM EST
The Nike EYBL is gearing up for its third session of the spring this weekend in Hampton, Virginia. Wesleyan Christian (North Carolina) rising junior Harry Giles, a five-star recruit, had an important announcement Friday morning in regards to this weekend’s grassroots tournament.
Elite 2016 recruit Harry Giles tells me: “I’m playing this weekend.” Will be with Team CP3 at EYBL Hampton.
— Evan Daniels (@EvanDaniels) May 16, 2014
Giles will be suiting up with Team CP3 (North Carolina), making his debut after being sidelined the past 11 months with a torn ACL, MCL and meniscus. The injury occurred in June while the 6-foot-10 forward was playing with USA Basketball. He is the No. 2 overall player in the Class of 2016, according to Rivals, trailing versatile wing Josh Jackson of Consortium College Prep (Michigan).
Jackson and Giles were two of the 25 recruits to follow this summer with Giles’ recovery noted as something to track throughout the grassroots season.
Team CP3 is 1-6 through the first two sessions of the Nike EYBL. This weekend in Hampton, the team is slated to face California Supreme, Texas Titans, Team Takeover (D.C.) and Wings Elite (Arkansas).
- Quinn Cook is thriving as an off-guard, and No. 4 Duke will reap the benefits 0
- Rhode Island upsets No. 21 Nebraska, 66-62, in overtime 0
- Lauren Hill surprises teammates, fans with another layup in her second college game (VIDEO) 2
- The ‘Chaminade Crew’ and how Jonathan Holmes has changed the culture of Texas hoops 0
- Early struggles of Syracuse, Kaleb Joseph example of the downside of early entry 2
- UPDATE: Texas loses starting point guard to left wrist injury, out 4-6 weeks 0
- Burning Questions: Who’s poised to surprise (or disappoint) people in the Big Ten? 2
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (31)
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? (5)
- No. 1 Kentucky survives Buffalo despite ugly effort offensively (4)
- Pregame Shootaround: No. 14 Iowa State needs to be on upset alert tonight (3)
- Miami upsets No. 8 Florida thanks to the Angel Rodriguez takeover (3)