May 16, 2014, 2:20 PM EDT
The Nike EYBL is gearing up for its third session of the spring this weekend in Hampton, Virginia. Wesleyan Christian (North Carolina) rising junior Harry Giles, a five-star recruit, had an important announcement Friday morning in regards to this weekend’s grassroots tournament.
Elite 2016 recruit Harry Giles tells me: “I’m playing this weekend.” Will be with Team CP3 at EYBL Hampton.
— Evan Daniels (@EvanDaniels) May 16, 2014
Giles will be suiting up with Team CP3 (North Carolina), making his debut after being sidelined the past 11 months with a torn ACL, MCL and meniscus. The injury occurred in June while the 6-foot-10 forward was playing with USA Basketball. He is the No. 2 overall player in the Class of 2016, according to Rivals, trailing versatile wing Josh Jackson of Consortium College Prep (Michigan).
Jackson and Giles were two of the 25 recruits to follow this summer with Giles’ recovery noted as something to track throughout the grassroots season.
Team CP3 is 1-6 through the first two sessions of the Nike EYBL. This weekend in Hampton, the team is slated to face California Supreme, Texas Titans, Team Takeover (D.C.) and Wings Elite (Arkansas).
- Manhattan’s returnees look to build on the achievements of last season’s senior class 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Rivals Iona, Manhattan have company in race to the top of the MAAC 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 11 Villanova Wildcats 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Kentucky’s loaded rotation leads nation’s best front courts 0
- Cameron Payne didn’t expect to fill Isaiah Canaan’s void at Murray State, but he did 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: The Top 20 Perimeter Attacks 1
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 12 Wichita State 1
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes (7)
- Report: Texas plans to start paying their athletes $10,000 stipend (4)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (3)
- Texas A&M lands another five-star center, has loaded 2015 recruiting class (2)
- Florida guard cleared to return to practice (2)