May 16, 2014, 2:20 PM EDT
The Nike EYBL is gearing up for its third session of the spring this weekend in Hampton, Virginia. Wesleyan Christian (North Carolina) rising junior Harry Giles, a five-star recruit, had an important announcement Friday morning in regards to this weekend’s grassroots tournament.
Elite 2016 recruit Harry Giles tells me: “I’m playing this weekend.” Will be with Team CP3 at EYBL Hampton.
— Evan Daniels (@EvanDaniels) May 16, 2014
Giles will be suiting up with Team CP3 (North Carolina), making his debut after being sidelined the past 11 months with a torn ACL, MCL and meniscus. The injury occurred in June while the 6-foot-10 forward was playing with USA Basketball. He is the No. 2 overall player in the Class of 2016, according to Rivals, trailing versatile wing Josh Jackson of Consortium College Prep (Michigan).
Jackson and Giles were two of the 25 recruits to follow this summer with Giles’ recovery noted as something to track throughout the grassroots season.
Team CP3 is 1-6 through the first two sessions of the Nike EYBL. This weekend in Hampton, the team is slated to face California Supreme, Texas Titans, Team Takeover (D.C.) and Wings Elite (Arkansas).
- Frank Kaminsky, Jahlil Okafor highlight five Wooden Award finalists 3
- 2015 NCAA Tournament All-Second Weekend Team 2
- While a major question remains unanswered, No. 4 North Carolina can be special in 2015-16 3
- Tournament darling R.J. Hunter is heading to the NBA 3
- Texas freshman Myles Turner declares for the NBA Draft 6
- The Final Four is set, and it’s going to be insane 24
- No. 7 Michigan State reaches the Final Four for the seventh time under Izzo 15
- Andrew Harrison’s late free throws send No. 1 Kentucky to the Final Four (88)
- Kentucky responds to Daxter Miles Jr.’s pregame comments (30)
- Updated tournament records: Big Ten teams make up half of Final Four (27)
- The Final Four is set, and it’s going to be insane (24)
- West Virginia freshman on Kentucky: ‘They’re going to be 36-1′ (21)