May 16, 2014, 2:20 PM EDT
The Nike EYBL is gearing up for its third session of the spring this weekend in Hampton, Virginia. Wesleyan Christian (North Carolina) rising junior Harry Giles, a five-star recruit, had an important announcement Friday morning in regards to this weekend’s grassroots tournament.
Elite 2016 recruit Harry Giles tells me: “I’m playing this weekend.” Will be with Team CP3 at EYBL Hampton.
— Evan Daniels (@EvanDaniels) May 16, 2014
Giles will be suiting up with Team CP3 (North Carolina), making his debut after being sidelined the past 11 months with a torn ACL, MCL and meniscus. The injury occurred in June while the 6-foot-10 forward was playing with USA Basketball. He is the No. 2 overall player in the Class of 2016, according to Rivals, trailing versatile wing Josh Jackson of Consortium College Prep (Michigan).
Jackson and Giles were two of the 25 recruits to follow this summer with Giles’ recovery noted as something to track throughout the grassroots season.
Team CP3 is 1-6 through the first two sessions of the Nike EYBL. This weekend in Hampton, the team is slated to face California Supreme, Texas Titans, Team Takeover (D.C.) and Wings Elite (Arkansas).
- Jalen Rose planning a book about the Fab Five 2
- Wisconsin’s Bo Ryan makes another statement wavering on potential retirement 0
- Cody Zeller, Indiana president speak out against recent athlete legal issues 0
- Five-star 2016 combo guard cuts list to four 0
- Xavier, Mount St. Joseph to launch the ‘Lauren Hill Tip-Off Classic’ 1
- Tai Wynyard: ‘I will be coming to UK in December’ 0
- Tom Izzo, 30 second shot clocks, and why zone presses will be more popular this year 1
- Jalen Rose planning a book about the Fab Five (2)
- ACC releases its full conference schedule (2)
- Throwback Thursday: Juan Dixon and company win Maryland’s lone national title (2)
- Indiana head coach Tom Crean laments team’s lack of leadership (1)
- Former Butler forward Andrew Smith fighting cancer for second time (1)