May 16, 2014, 11:34 AM EST
Once of the notable moves of the 2014 coaching carousel was Division II coach Kim Anderson taking over at his alma mater after Missouri head coach Frank Haith bolted for Tulsa.
Anderson was tasked with holding onto four-star commits Jakeenan Gant and Namon Wright. Gant never asked out of his National Letter of Intent. Although, Wright, a 6-foot-4 shooting guard, opted to explore other programs.
“I will still strongly consider going to Missouri , I just need to make sure I’m in the right situation for me,” Wright tweeted at the time of his release.
Eight days after receiving permission to talk with other schools, Wright once again pledged his commitment to Mizzou. This was first reported by Josh Gershon of Scout.
Utah, which should contend in the ever-changing Pac-12, was targeting Wright, even hosting him on a visit earlier this week.
The Tigers back court is without its top two scorers — Jabari Brown and Jordan Clarkson — both of whom declared for the 2014 NBA Draft. Wright joins holdovers Wes Clark and Shane Rector in the Mizzou back court. Baylor transfer Deuce Bello is also eligible after sitting out last season.
Gant and Wright are part of a three-man class, which includes Anderson’s first commit D’Angelo Allen.
- Quinn Cook is thriving as an off-guard, and No. 4 Duke will reap the benefits 0
- Rhode Island upsets No. 21 Nebraska, 66-62, in overtime 0
- Lauren Hill surprises teammates, fans with another layup in her second college game (VIDEO) 2
- The ‘Chaminade Crew’ and how Jonathan Holmes has changed the culture of Texas hoops 0
- Early struggles of Syracuse, Kaleb Joseph example of the downside of early entry 2
- UPDATE: Texas loses starting point guard to left wrist injury, out 4-6 weeks 0
- Burning Questions: Who’s poised to surprise (or disappoint) people in the Big Ten? 2
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (31)
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? (5)
- No. 1 Kentucky survives Buffalo despite ugly effort offensively (4)
- Pregame Shootaround: No. 14 Iowa State needs to be on upset alert tonight (3)
- Miami upsets No. 8 Florida thanks to the Angel Rodriguez takeover (3)