May 16, 2014, 11:34 AM EDT
Once of the notable moves of the 2014 coaching carousel was Division II coach Kim Anderson taking over at his alma mater after Missouri head coach Frank Haith bolted for Tulsa.
Anderson was tasked with holding onto four-star commits Jakeenan Gant and Namon Wright. Gant never asked out of his National Letter of Intent. Although, Wright, a 6-foot-4 shooting guard, opted to explore other programs.
“I will still strongly consider going to Missouri , I just need to make sure I’m in the right situation for me,” Wright tweeted at the time of his release.
Eight days after receiving permission to talk with other schools, Wright once again pledged his commitment to Mizzou. This was first reported by Josh Gershon of Scout.
Utah, which should contend in the ever-changing Pac-12, was targeting Wright, even hosting him on a visit earlier this week.
The Tigers back court is without its top two scorers — Jabari Brown and Jordan Clarkson — both of whom declared for the 2014 NBA Draft. Wright joins holdovers Wes Clark and Shane Rector in the Mizzou back court. Baylor transfer Deuce Bello is also eligible after sitting out last season.
Gant and Wright are part of a three-man class, which includes Anderson’s first commit D’Angelo Allen.
- Former Cornell forward Shonn Miller headed to UConn for final season of eligibility 0
- Purdue center A.J. Hammons to return for senior season 0
- Five-star 7-footer Stephen Zimmerman commits to UNLV 4
- College basketball’s eight most important NBA Draft decisions 2
- Updated 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 8
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List 10
- Duke’s Tyus Jones becomes third Blue Devil to enter the NBA Draft 11
- Duke’s Tyus Jones becomes third Blue Devil to enter the NBA Draft (11)
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List (10)
- Duke freshman Justise Winslow will enter 2015 NBA Draft (8)
- Updated 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 (8)
- 6-foot-11 center Antonio Vrankovic commits to Duke (6)