May 17, 2014, 7:00 PM EST
With associate head coach David Duke leaving the program a couple weeks ago to become the new head coach at Adelphi, Fordham’s Tom Pecora had a vacancy to fill on his coaching staff. Pecora didn’t have to look too far in finding his new assistant either, as it was announced Friday that director of basketball operations Mike DePaoli would be promoted.
DePaoli served as Fordham’s director of basketball operations for the last four years.
“Mike did a tremendous job the past four years and is well-deserving of the promotion,” Pecora said in the release. “He will bring enthusiasm and energy to the coaching staff and will be a major element in our future success.”
Prior to joining the Fordham program DePaoli spent two seasons as a graduate assistant at Hofstra (2007-09), where Pecora was the head coach at the time. According to the release one of his responsibilities while at Hofstra was working with the perimeter players, a group that at the time included Hofstra great Charles Jenkins.
- Rebounding, foul shooting help No. 2 Duke make up for 19 turnovers in win over UConn 0
- Michigan State starting forward to miss next two games with non-displaced wrist fracture 0
- Film Session: What’s plaguing Marcus Paige? 1
- Throwback Thursday: UConn ‘Shocks The World’ against Duke (VIDEO) 1
- New Year’s Resolutions: Virginia Cavaliers 1
- Chase for 180: So far, so good for Virginia’s Justin Anderson 0
- New Year’s Resolutions: Kansas Jayhawks 1
- Gregg Marshall writes to Wichita State students after seeing empty seats in student section (PHOTO) (7)
- Report: David Robinson’s son will be preferred walk-on at Duke in 2015-16 (VIDEO) (6)
- West Virginia’s Bob Huggins torches Marshall after coach calls Huggs ‘afraid’ (5)
- Without Alex Poythress, No. 1 Kentucky’s offense looks comfortable in win over No. 21 North Carolina (4)
- Lauren Hill’s playing career over, to become honorary coach (4)