May 17, 2014, 7:00 PM EDT
With associate head coach David Duke leaving the program a couple weeks ago to become the new head coach at Adelphi, Fordham’s Tom Pecora had a vacancy to fill on his coaching staff. Pecora didn’t have to look too far in finding his new assistant either, as it was announced Friday that director of basketball operations Mike DePaoli would be promoted.
DePaoli served as Fordham’s director of basketball operations for the last four years.
“Mike did a tremendous job the past four years and is well-deserving of the promotion,” Pecora said in the release. “He will bring enthusiasm and energy to the coaching staff and will be a major element in our future success.”
Prior to joining the Fordham program DePaoli spent two seasons as a graduate assistant at Hofstra (2007-09), where Pecora was the head coach at the time. According to the release one of his responsibilities while at Hofstra was working with the perimeter players, a group that at the time included Hofstra great Charles Jenkins.
- Malik Beasley looking to capitalize on a big spring, summer 0
- Top 15 recruit Antonio Blakeney has made the ‘jump’ — literally — to elite status 2
- July Live Period Week Two Superlatives 0
- Seven Takeaways from the Under Armour Finals 0
- Iowa State’s Georges Niang carries extra motivation – and less weight – into 2014-15 0
- Emmanuel Mudiay to China makes him even more of a case-study 0
- Four-star Class of 2016 guard Bruce Brown gave up football to focus on basketball 0
- Chris Walker looks like he’s spent some time in the gym (PHOTO) (5)
- Mother of elite recruit Josh Jackson: ‘Josh hasn’t been recruited by anyone’ (4)
- NCAA gets rid of name-likeness release form for student-athletes (3)
- Isaiah Austin has a job with the NBA once he finishes degree at Baylor (2)
- Missouri State’s Marcus Marshall works to strengthen knee, leadership abilities (2)