May 17, 2014, 7:00 PM EDT
With associate head coach David Duke leaving the program a couple weeks ago to become the new head coach at Adelphi, Fordham’s Tom Pecora had a vacancy to fill on his coaching staff. Pecora didn’t have to look too far in finding his new assistant either, as it was announced Friday that director of basketball operations Mike DePaoli would be promoted.
DePaoli served as Fordham’s director of basketball operations for the last four years.
“Mike did a tremendous job the past four years and is well-deserving of the promotion,” Pecora said in the release. “He will bring enthusiasm and energy to the coaching staff and will be a major element in our future success.”
Prior to joining the Fordham program DePaoli spent two seasons as a graduate assistant at Hofstra (2007-09), where Pecora was the head coach at the time. According to the release one of his responsibilities while at Hofstra was working with the perimeter players, a group that at the time included Hofstra great Charles Jenkins.
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Boston College, Illinois, LSU have big visitors 0
- Kentucky’s John Calipari offers his thoughts on USA Basketball critiques 0
- Coach K responds to USA Basketball criticism during press conference 0
- A key piece for Providence is cleared for full-contact practice 0
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ 8
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan 5
- Thoughts on Antonio Blakeney, shoe companies and decommitments 1
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ (8)
- Former Indiana guard A.J. Guyton writes an open letter to Bob Knight (6)
- Big Blue Nation already camping out for Big Blue Madness? (PHOTO) (5)
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan (5)
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ (4)