May 17, 2014, 7:00 PM EDT
With associate head coach David Duke leaving the program a couple weeks ago to become the new head coach at Adelphi, Fordham’s Tom Pecora had a vacancy to fill on his coaching staff. Pecora didn’t have to look too far in finding his new assistant either, as it was announced Friday that director of basketball operations Mike DePaoli would be promoted.
DePaoli served as Fordham’s director of basketball operations for the last four years.
“Mike did a tremendous job the past four years and is well-deserving of the promotion,” Pecora said in the release. “He will bring enthusiasm and energy to the coaching staff and will be a major element in our future success.”
Prior to joining the Fordham program DePaoli spent two seasons as a graduate assistant at Hofstra (2007-09), where Pecora was the head coach at the time. According to the release one of his responsibilities while at Hofstra was working with the perimeter players, a group that at the time included Hofstra great Charles Jenkins.
- North Carolina announces receipt of Notice of Allegations from NCAA 2
- LSU’s ’25 is coming’ campaign doesn’t try to hide that they’re monetizing Ben Simmons 1
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the American’s offseason 1
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue 8
- Friday’s most important rule changes only matter if refs actually enforce them 2
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the SEC’s offseason 1
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the Big East’s offseason 3
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue (8)
- Sports book lists Maryland as early favorite to win national title (8)
- John Calipari is selling his program when he says national title isn’t a goal (5)
- St. John’s lands 2015 point guard Marcus LoVett Jr. (4)
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the Big East’s offseason (3)