May 17, 2014, 7:00 PM EST
With associate head coach David Duke leaving the program a couple weeks ago to become the new head coach at Adelphi, Fordham’s Tom Pecora had a vacancy to fill on his coaching staff. Pecora didn’t have to look too far in finding his new assistant either, as it was announced Friday that director of basketball operations Mike DePaoli would be promoted.
DePaoli served as Fordham’s director of basketball operations for the last four years.
“Mike did a tremendous job the past four years and is well-deserving of the promotion,” Pecora said in the release. “He will bring enthusiasm and energy to the coaching staff and will be a major element in our future success.”
Prior to joining the Fordham program DePaoli spent two seasons as a graduate assistant at Hofstra (2007-09), where Pecora was the head coach at the time. According to the release one of his responsibilities while at Hofstra was working with the perimeter players, a group that at the time included Hofstra great Charles Jenkins.
- Jerian Grant, No. 8 Notre Dame erase another double-digit deficit as they beat No. 4 Duke 5
- Late Night Snacks: No. 8 Notre Dame outlasts No. 4 Duke in a thriller 1
- 2015 McDonald’s All-American rosters announced 1
- Player of the Year Power Rankings: It’s essentially a two-man race at this point 2
- Heartbreak fuels Renardo Sidney’s new sense of purpose 1
- No. 15 Iowa State holds on to beat No. 19 Texas 0
- Washington kicks talented shot blocking big man off the team 1
- The Top Ten Players that Coach K has had at Duke (13)
- You think college basketball is unwatchable this year? Turn on an Indiana game (7)
- Iowa’s Fran McCaffery on Dan Dakich’s criticism of a player: ‘He’s a TV guy. If he was a coach, he’d be coaching’ (5)
- Jerian Grant, No. 8 Notre Dame erase another double-digit deficit as they beat No. 4 Duke (5)
- Two former North Carolina athletes sue school, NCAA over academic scandal (4)