May 17, 2014, 11:00 AM EST
Iowa forward Zach McCabe recently exhausted his college eligibility but the 6-foot-6 forward was in the news on Friday as Don Doxsie of the Quad City Times reported that McCabe was arrested just after midnight on Thursday night for allegedly punching a man in an Iowa City bar.
The alleged incident occurred at D.C.’s bar in downtown Iowa City, and according to police reports, security video showed McCabe arguing with a woman at the bar. A man tried to intervene in the argument and McCabe allegedly punched him and knocked him to the ground. McCabe then blew the man a kiss and walked out of the bar.
McCabe turned himself in Friday and is being held on $1,500 bond at Johnson County jail. The senior averaged just over 15 minutes a game and played in all 33 games for Iowa in the 2013-14 season. McCabe averaged 6.1 points, 2.9 rebounds and 1.2 assists per game this past season.
This is the second arrest involving an Iowa player this offseason after freshman wing Peter Jok pleaded guilty and received deferred prosecution for an OWI charge earlier this spring.
- Markus Kennedy cleared to play immediately for SMU 0
- Weekend Preview: A loaded Saturday slate highlights the weekend 4
- Rebounding, foul shooting help No. 2 Duke make up for 19 turnovers in win over UConn 0
- Michigan State starting forward to miss next two games with non-displaced wrist fracture 0
- Film Session: What’s plaguing Marcus Paige? 1
- Throwback Thursday: UConn ‘Shocks The World’ against Duke (VIDEO) 1
- New Year’s Resolutions: Virginia Cavaliers 1
- Gregg Marshall writes to Wichita State students after seeing empty seats in student section (PHOTO) (7)
- Report: David Robinson’s son will be preferred walk-on at Duke in 2015-16 (VIDEO) (6)
- West Virginia’s Bob Huggins torches Marshall after coach calls Huggs ‘afraid’ (5)
- Without Alex Poythress, No. 1 Kentucky’s offense looks comfortable in win over No. 21 North Carolina (4)
- Lauren Hill’s playing career over, to become honorary coach (4)