May 17, 2014, 3:00 PM EDT
With Georgia Tech losing starting power forward Robert Carter to transfer this spring, the Yellow Jackets need some more interior depth entering the 2014-15 season.
On Saturday, head coach Brian Gregory got a piece that should help out on the interior as Ole Miss big man Demarco Cox will transfer to the ACC program, according to a report from ESPN.com’s Jeff Goodman. Cox will be immediately eligible for Georgia Tech as a graduate transfer.
The 6-foot-8, 276-pound Cox averaged 16.6 minutes per game last season for Ole Miss and put up 4.2 points and 3.9 rebounds per game. Cox should help offset the loss of Carter and center Daniel Miller, who just finished his senior season.
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Boston College, Illinois, LSU have big visitors 0
- Kentucky’s John Calipari offers his thoughts on USA Basketball critiques 0
- Coach K responds to USA Basketball criticism during press conference 1
- A key piece for Providence is cleared for full-contact practice 0
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ 8
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan 5
- Thoughts on Antonio Blakeney, shoe companies and decommitments 1
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ (8)
- Big Blue Nation already camping out for Big Blue Madness? (PHOTO) (5)
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan (5)
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ (4)
- Bo Ryan hits golf balls into Wisconsin’s Camp Randall Stadium (PHOTO) (4)