May 17, 2014, 3:00 PM EST
With Georgia Tech losing starting power forward Robert Carter to transfer this spring, the Yellow Jackets need some more interior depth entering the 2014-15 season.
On Saturday, head coach Brian Gregory got a piece that should help out on the interior as Ole Miss big man Demarco Cox will transfer to the ACC program, according to a report from ESPN.com’s Jeff Goodman. Cox will be immediately eligible for Georgia Tech as a graduate transfer.
The 6-foot-8, 276-pound Cox averaged 16.6 minutes per game last season for Ole Miss and put up 4.2 points and 3.9 rebounds per game. Cox should help offset the loss of Carter and center Daniel Miller, who just finished his senior season.
- Coach K earns career win No. 1,000 in No. 5 Duke’s win over St. John’s 0
- Kentucky lands commitment from international Class of 2016 big man 1
- Saturday’s Snacks: No. 18 West Virginia, Georgetown win absolute thrillers 0
- No. 11 Kansas makes a statement blowing out No. 17 Texas 1
- Bracket Update: Upcoming stretch could have major impact on Duke’s NCAA seeding 2
- Sister’s illness makes for a bittersweet homecoming for Tulsa head coach Frank Haith 0
- Weekend Preview: Things are heating up in the Big 12, plus Coach K No. 1,000? 0
- No. 6 Wisconsin utterly embarrassed No. 25 Iowa for more than one reason (13)
- The Top Ten Players that Coach K has had at Duke (12)
- You think college basketball is unwatchable this year? Turn on an Indiana game (7)
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: So where do we rank Duke? (5)
- You Make The Call: Was this a charge on TaShawn Thomas? (VIDEO) (5)