May 17, 2014, 3:00 PM EDT
With Georgia Tech losing starting power forward Robert Carter to transfer this spring, the Yellow Jackets need some more interior depth entering the 2014-15 season.
On Saturday, head coach Brian Gregory got a piece that should help out on the interior as Ole Miss big man Demarco Cox will transfer to the ACC program, according to a report from ESPN.com’s Jeff Goodman. Cox will be immediately eligible for Georgia Tech as a graduate transfer.
The 6-foot-8, 276-pound Cox averaged 16.6 minutes per game last season for Ole Miss and put up 4.2 points and 3.9 rebounds per game. Cox should help offset the loss of Carter and center Daniel Miller, who just finished his senior season.
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2005? 0
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2004? 2
- Bo Ryan to retire from Wisconsin after next season 4
- Who are the names to watch for the 2016 NBA Draft? 2
- 2015 NBA Draft: The six biggest question marks moving forward 5
- 2015 NBA Draft: Pat Connaughton, Montrezl Harrell headline list of second round steals 0
- Karl-Anthony Towns becomes Kentucky’s third top overall pick in program history 1
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too-Early Preseason Rankings (18)
- Cliff Alexander, Aaron Harrison among early entrants not selected Thursday night (6)
- 2015 NBA Draft: The six biggest question marks moving forward (5)
- Jamal Murray’s commitment a huge boost for Kentucky (4)
- Bo Ryan to retire from Wisconsin after next season (4)