May 17, 2014, 3:00 PM EDT
With Georgia Tech losing starting power forward Robert Carter to transfer this spring, the Yellow Jackets need some more interior depth entering the 2014-15 season.
On Saturday, head coach Brian Gregory got a piece that should help out on the interior as Ole Miss big man Demarco Cox will transfer to the ACC program, according to a report from ESPN.com’s Jeff Goodman. Cox will be immediately eligible for Georgia Tech as a graduate transfer.
The 6-foot-8, 276-pound Cox averaged 16.6 minutes per game last season for Ole Miss and put up 4.2 points and 3.9 rebounds per game. Cox should help offset the loss of Carter and center Daniel Miller, who just finished his senior season.
- Five-star 2015 forward cuts his list to five schools 0
- Top talent in 2016 announces a top ten 2
- North Carolina athletic director Bubba Cunningham comments on Rashad McCants situation 1
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 0
- Former Michigan center discusses hasty departure for the NBA (VIDEO) 0
- Five-star 2015 center trims list to five 1
- College of Charleston coaching search takes another turn 0