May 17, 2014, 3:00 PM EST
With Georgia Tech losing starting power forward Robert Carter to transfer this spring, the Yellow Jackets need some more interior depth entering the 2014-15 season.
On Saturday, head coach Brian Gregory got a piece that should help out on the interior as Ole Miss big man Demarco Cox will transfer to the ACC program, according to a report from ESPN.com’s Jeff Goodman. Cox will be immediately eligible for Georgia Tech as a graduate transfer.
The 6-foot-8, 276-pound Cox averaged 16.6 minutes per game last season for Ole Miss and put up 4.2 points and 3.9 rebounds per game. Cox should help offset the loss of Carter and center Daniel Miller, who just finished his senior season.
- Bubble Banter: Oregon lands a key win, but Purdue, Stanford and Pitt lose 0
- Late Night Snacks: No. 7 Arizona, No. 11 Wichita State and No. 19 Baylor among Saturday’s big winners 1
- Did Gonzaga cost themselves a No. 1 seed with loss to BYU? 5
- Kaleb Tarczewski produces another quality outing as No. 7 Arizona beats No. 13 Utah 0
- Bubble Banter: Boise State, St. John’s, Dayton win the day; Texas, N.C. State lose; and Kansas State? 4
- No. 1 Kentucky moves to 29-0 with blowout win over No. 18 Arkansas 3
- No. 11 Wichita State wins the Missouri Valley by knocking off No. 10 Northern Iowa 1
- You Make the Call: Was Texas guard Isaiah Taylor fouled on this drive? (13)
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (12)
- Bill Self crushed, Jamari Traylor targeted during Kansas State court storm (VIDEO) (11)
- Dez Wells, Melo Trimble lead No. 14 Maryland to upset of No. 5 Wisconsin (9)
- Vanderbilt head coach Kevin Stallings apologizes for postgame outburst directed at freshman guard Wade Baldwin IV (9)