May 19, 2014, 9:53 PM EST
Former New Mexico State guard K.C. Ross-Miller will transfer to Auburn, according to multiple media reports on Monday night.
The 6-foot-1 guard is eligible to play immediately for head coach Bruce Pearl. Ross-Miller averaged 8.3 points, 2.2 rebounds and 3.5 assists per game this past season for New Mexico State. He announced his decision to transfer on March 30.
Ross-Miller’s career with the Aggies did not end on good terms. During the closing moments of a loss to Utah Valley, Ross-Miller was involved in a post-game altercation, including not only members from both teams, but fans who had rushed the court. He was suspended two games for his actions by the WAC, though, that extended throughout the remainder of the season.
New Mexico State rallied off five straight wins following the incident on Feb. 27, and reached the NCAA tournament. Ross-Miller did not travel with the team, and the Aggies were defeated by No. 4 seed San Diego State in the Round of 64.
Ross-Miller joins an incoming class that includes JuCo power forward Cinmeon Bowers, a former Florida State signee, Rivals 150 small forward Sam Logwood and Jack Purchase, a 6-foot-9 forward from Australia.
- Lauren Hill surprises teammates, fans with another layup in her second college game (VIDEO) 2
- The ‘Chaminade Crew’ and how Jonathan Holmes has changed the culture of Texas hoops 0
- Early struggles of Syracuse, Kaleb Joseph example of the downside of early entry 2
- UPDATE: Texas loses starting point guard to left wrist injury, out 4-6 weeks 0
- Burning Questions: Who’s poised to surprise (or disappoint) people in the Big Ten? 2
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb 31
- Burning Questions: Who will be this year’s surprise freshman standout? 0
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (31)
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? (5)
- No. 1 Kentucky survives Buffalo despite ugly effort offensively (4)
- Pregame Shootaround: No. 14 Iowa State needs to be on upset alert tonight (3)
- Miami upsets No. 8 Florida thanks to the Angel Rodriguez takeover (3)