May 19, 2014, 11:20 AM EDT
Seton Hall picked up a solid late commitment on Monday morning to its 2014 class with the addition of three-star forward Michael Nzei. The commitment of Nzei was first reported by CBSSports.com‘s Jon Rothstein.
The 6-foot-7 Nzei played at Our Savior New American in New York during his senior season and gives the Pirates more depth up front in a deep class that is loaded with guards and wings. Nzei also played in the Jordan Brand Classic’s regional game this past spring.
Seton Hall has a six-man recruiting class joining the program next season in one of the nation’s better recruiting classes, led by five-star guard Isaiah Whitehead and four-star power forward Angel Delgado. Whitehead’s teammate in the backcourt, Desi Rodriguez, is also committed to the Pirates while three-star guard Khadeen Carrington and wing Ismael Sanogo also join the class.
Northwestern transfer and 7-foot-2 center Chier Ajou should also be able to join the team in games after the first semester.
- Led by senior forward Alan Williams, UCSB capable of earning first NCAA tournament bid since 2011 0
- Behind Thompson and Comer, Dunk City looks to take flight once again this March 1
- Stony Brook works toward NCAA appearance after DII transition 0
- Syracuse officials to meet NCAA Committee on Infractions later this month 0
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Texas A&M gets a tough guard, St. John’s big weekend, Xavier’s intriguing fit 1
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Key assistant coaching hires 0
- 2014-15 America East Preview: Does Stony Brook finally make the Tournament? 0
- Big Ten writers release media poll, Wisconsin sits atop the league (6)
- Has Maryland found a new starting center? (2)
- First Preseason Top 25 poll is out, Kentucky sits at No. 1 (2)
- Maryland senior forward suffers sprained ankle (2)
- 2014-2015 Northeast Conference Preview: Is it time for Robert Morris to dance again? (1)