May 19, 2014, 11:20 AM EDT
Seton Hall picked up a solid late commitment on Monday morning to its 2014 class with the addition of three-star forward Michael Nzei. The commitment of Nzei was first reported by CBSSports.com‘s Jon Rothstein.
The 6-foot-7 Nzei played at Our Savior New American in New York during his senior season and gives the Pirates more depth up front in a deep class that is loaded with guards and wings. Nzei also played in the Jordan Brand Classic’s regional game this past spring.
Seton Hall has a six-man recruiting class joining the program next season in one of the nation’s better recruiting classes, led by five-star guard Isaiah Whitehead and four-star power forward Angel Delgado. Whitehead’s teammate in the backcourt, Desi Rodriguez, is also committed to the Pirates while three-star guard Khadeen Carrington and wing Ismael Sanogo also join the class.
Northwestern transfer and 7-foot-2 center Chier Ajou should also be able to join the team in games after the first semester.
- There’s only one way the NCAA gets UNC investigation wrong: a 2016 postseason ban 26
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer 6
- North Carolina announces receipt of Notice of Allegations from NCAA 2
- LSU’s ’25 is coming’ campaign doesn’t try to hide that they’re monetizing Ben Simmons 1
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the American’s offseason 1
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue 8
- Friday’s most important rule changes only matter if refs actually enforce them 2
- There’s only one way the NCAA gets UNC investigation wrong: a 2016 postseason ban (26)
- Sports book lists Maryland as early favorite to win national title (9)
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer (6)
- John Calipari is selling his program when he says national title isn’t a goal (5)
- Frank Kaminsky writes a farewell letter to Wisconsin fans (5)