May 20, 2014, 11:11 AM EDT
The bracket has been released for the 2014 Paradise Jam, an event that will take place in the U.S. Virgin Islands from Nov. 21st-24th.
And, quite frankly, it’s not exactly the strongest field we’ve ever seen at one of the early season tournaments.
LSU appears to be the favorite to win and while the Tigers may end up riding Jarell Martin and Jordan Mickey to the third spot in the SEC, they are anything but a surefire NCAA tournament team. Clemson and Nevada both lose their best player — K.J. McDaniels and Deonte Burton, respectively — from last year’s team. Seton Hall brings in a talented recruiting class, but they are going to be a young team trying to find their way without Fuquan Edwin. Even Weber State will be looking at somewhat of a rebuilding year as they try to figure out how to operate without Davion Berry and Kyle Tresnak.
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 12 Wichita State 0
- South Dakota State’s Cody Larson thrives despite return home amidst unmet expectations 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: 20 Impact Freshmen 0
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes 6
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 13 VCU Rams 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 14 Florida Gators 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) 3
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes (6)
- Report: Texas plans to start paying their athletes $10,000 stipend (4)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (3)
- First Preseason Top 25 poll is out, Kentucky sits at No. 1 (2)
- Maryland senior forward suffers sprained ankle (2)