May 20, 2014, 11:11 AM EDT
The bracket has been released for the 2014 Paradise Jam, an event that will take place in the U.S. Virgin Islands from Nov. 21st-24th.
And, quite frankly, it’s not exactly the strongest field we’ve ever seen at one of the early season tournaments.
LSU appears to be the favorite to win and while the Tigers may end up riding Jarell Martin and Jordan Mickey to the third spot in the SEC, they are anything but a surefire NCAA tournament team. Clemson and Nevada both lose their best player — K.J. McDaniels and Deonte Burton, respectively — from last year’s team. Seton Hall brings in a talented recruiting class, but they are going to be a young team trying to find their way without Fuquan Edwin. Even Weber State will be looking at somewhat of a rebuilding year as they try to figure out how to operate without Davion Berry and Kyle Tresnak.
- Wisconsin’s Bo Ryan makes another statement wavering on potential retirement 0
- Cody Zeller, Indiana president speak out against recent athlete legal issues 0
- Five-star 2016 combo guard cuts list to four 0
- Xavier, Mount St. Joseph to launch the ‘Lauren Hill Tip-Off Classic’ 0
- Tai Wynyard: ‘I will be coming to UK in December’ 0
- Tom Izzo, 30 second shot clocks, and why zone presses will be more popular this year 1
- Kentucky lands a commitment from four-star 2016 forward 0
- Blue Ribbon announces their preseason all-american team (3)
- Syracuse legend to undergo surgery on a brain tumor this week (2)
- Wake Forest dismissed senior point guard for rules violation (1)
- Is Louisville’s non-conference schedule weak by design? (1)
- 10 year old Ohio State fan worried heart surgery would make him love Michigan (1)