May 20, 2014, 11:11 AM EDT
The bracket has been released for the 2014 Paradise Jam, an event that will take place in the U.S. Virgin Islands from Nov. 21st-24th.
And, quite frankly, it’s not exactly the strongest field we’ve ever seen at one of the early season tournaments.
LSU appears to be the favorite to win and while the Tigers may end up riding Jarell Martin and Jordan Mickey to the third spot in the SEC, they are anything but a surefire NCAA tournament team. Clemson and Nevada both lose their best player — K.J. McDaniels and Deonte Burton, respectively — from last year’s team. Seton Hall brings in a talented recruiting class, but they are going to be a young team trying to find their way without Fuquan Edwin. Even Weber State will be looking at somewhat of a rebuilding year as they try to figure out how to operate without Davion Berry and Kyle Tresnak.
- UCLA’s Pauley Pavilion flooded after water main break on Sunset Boulevard (PHOTOS/VIDEOS) 0
- John Calipari’s return to Kentucky ‘solely’ due to loyalty to his players 0
- The other side of the July live period: Recruits continue to strive for attention and offers 0
- Seven takeaways from AAU Nationals and Super Showcase 0
- Seven takeaways from Las Vegas for the final AAU weekend of 2014 0
- One college coach’s unique connection to the Peach Jam 0
- July Live Period Week Three Superlatives 0
- Marcus Foster still hasn’t forgotten, or forgiven, those pulled scholarships (3)
- Two surprises after first cuts at Team USA U17 trials (3)
- Top 15 recruit Antonio Blakeney has made the ‘jump’ — literally — to elite status (2)
- The latest allegations against Doug Wojcik involve a physical confrontation (2)
- Time lapse of Iowa State’s refurbished court (VIDEO) (1)