May 20, 2014, 6:10 PM EDT
Ricky Kreklow is headed to Creighton, NBCSports.com has confirmed.
Kreklow is a 6-foot-6 guard that spent the last two seasons at Cal after playing for Missouri in 2010-11. Injuries limited him to just 34 games in those two seasons, but he did average 5.5 points in 23.7 minutes as a junior. Kreklow has one season of eligibility left and will be eligible immediately if he receives a graduate transfer waiver from the NCAA. If he can stay healthy in Omaha, he might be able to push for a starting spot on the perimeter.
Kreklow is the third transfer that the Bluejays have added this offseason. Mo Watson, a former top 100 recruit that played two seasons at Boston U., and Cole Huff, a big man from Nevada, also committed. Both of them will be eligible in 2015.
Here’s the interesting part: Kreklow reportedly chose to walk-on at Creighton instead of accept a scholarship to another school. Last year, Doug McDermott walked on in order to allow Grant Gibbs a scholarship as a sixth-year senior.
- Jalen Rose planning a book about the Fab Five 2
- Wisconsin’s Bo Ryan makes another statement wavering on potential retirement 0
- Cody Zeller, Indiana president speak out against recent athlete legal issues 0
- Five-star 2016 combo guard cuts list to four 0
- Xavier, Mount St. Joseph to launch the ‘Lauren Hill Tip-Off Classic’ 1
- Tai Wynyard: ‘I will be coming to UK in December’ 0
- Tom Izzo, 30 second shot clocks, and why zone presses will be more popular this year 1
- Jalen Rose planning a book about the Fab Five (2)
- ACC releases its full conference schedule (2)
- Throwback Thursday: Juan Dixon and company win Maryland’s lone national title (2)
- Former Oklahoma State guard suing university, head coach Travis Ford (2)
- Colorado State finds difficulty scheduling good non-conference games (1)