May 20, 2014, 6:10 PM EDT
Ricky Kreklow is headed to Creighton, NBCSports.com has confirmed.
Kreklow is a 6-foot-6 guard that spent the last two seasons at Cal after playing for Missouri in 2010-11. Injuries limited him to just 34 games in those two seasons, but he did average 5.5 points in 23.7 minutes as a junior. Kreklow has one season of eligibility left and will be eligible immediately if he receives a graduate transfer waiver from the NCAA. If he can stay healthy in Omaha, he might be able to push for a starting spot on the perimeter.
Kreklow is the third transfer that the Bluejays have added this offseason. Mo Watson, a former top 100 recruit that played two seasons at Boston U., and Cole Huff, a big man from Nevada, also committed. Both of them will be eligible in 2015.
Here’s the interesting part: Kreklow reportedly chose to walk-on at Creighton instead of accept a scholarship to another school. Last year, Doug McDermott walked on in order to allow Grant Gibbs a scholarship as a sixth-year senior.
- The other side of the July live period: Recruits continue to strive for attention and offers 0
- Seven takeaways from AAU Nationals and Super Showcase 0
- Seven takeaways from Las Vegas for the final AAU weekend of 2014 0
- One college coach’s unique connection to the Peach Jam 0
- July Live Period Week Three Superlatives 0
- Skal Labissiere is considering Europe, but that doesn’t mean there’s a market for him 0
- AAU Nationals Saturday Recap: Raymond Spalding has upside, Trent Forrest and Gary Trent, Jr. perform at a high level 0
- Marcus Foster still hasn’t forgotten, or forgiven, those pulled scholarships (3)
- Two surprises after first cuts at Team USA U17 trials (3)
- Isaiah Austin has a job with the NBA once he finishes degree at Baylor (2)
- Top 15 recruit Antonio Blakeney has made the ‘jump’ — literally — to elite status (2)
- The latest allegations against Doug Wojcik involve a physical confrontation (2)