May 20, 2014, 6:10 PM EST
Ricky Kreklow is headed to Creighton, NBCSports.com has confirmed.
Kreklow is a 6-foot-6 guard that spent the last two seasons at Cal after playing for Missouri in 2010-11. Injuries limited him to just 34 games in those two seasons, but he did average 5.5 points in 23.7 minutes as a junior. Kreklow has one season of eligibility left and will be eligible immediately if he receives a graduate transfer waiver from the NCAA. If he can stay healthy in Omaha, he might be able to push for a starting spot on the perimeter.
Kreklow is the third transfer that the Bluejays have added this offseason. Mo Watson, a former top 100 recruit that played two seasons at Boston U., and Cole Huff, a big man from Nevada, also committed. Both of them will be eligible in 2015.
Here’s the interesting part: Kreklow reportedly chose to walk-on at Creighton instead of accept a scholarship to another school. Last year, Doug McDermott walked on in order to allow Grant Gibbs a scholarship as a sixth-year senior.
- Quinn Cook is thriving as an off-guard, and No. 4 Duke will reap the benefits 0
- Rhode Island upsets No. 21 Nebraska, 66-62, in overtime 0
- Lauren Hill surprises teammates, fans with another layup in her second college game (VIDEO) 2
- The ‘Chaminade Crew’ and how Jonathan Holmes has changed the culture of Texas hoops 0
- Early struggles of Syracuse, Kaleb Joseph example of the downside of early entry 2
- UPDATE: Texas loses starting point guard to left wrist injury, out 4-6 weeks 0
- Burning Questions: Who’s poised to surprise (or disappoint) people in the Big Ten? 2
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (31)
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? (5)
- No. 1 Kentucky survives Buffalo despite ugly effort offensively (4)
- Pregame Shootaround: No. 14 Iowa State needs to be on upset alert tonight (3)
- Miami upsets No. 8 Florida thanks to the Angel Rodriguez takeover (3)