May 20, 2014, 6:10 PM EDT
Ricky Kreklow is headed to Creighton, NBCSports.com has confirmed.
Kreklow is a 6-foot-6 guard that spent the last two seasons at Cal after playing for Missouri in 2010-11. Injuries limited him to just 34 games in those two seasons, but he did average 5.5 points in 23.7 minutes as a junior. Kreklow has one season of eligibility left and will be eligible immediately if he receives a graduate transfer waiver from the NCAA. If he can stay healthy in Omaha, he might be able to push for a starting spot on the perimeter.
Kreklow is the third transfer that the Bluejays have added this offseason. Mo Watson, a former top 100 recruit that played two seasons at Boston U., and Cole Huff, a big man from Nevada, also committed. Both of them will be eligible in 2015.
Here’s the interesting part: Kreklow reportedly chose to walk-on at Creighton instead of accept a scholarship to another school. Last year, Doug McDermott walked on in order to allow Grant Gibbs a scholarship as a sixth-year senior.
- Five-star 2015 center trims list to five 0
- College of Charleston coaching search takes another turn 0
- Rivals releases new rankings for the Class of 2015 0
- Will Bill Self and Kansas play small-ball this season? 2
- ‘Value Add’ stat projects Utah’s Delon Wright as having a historic season 0
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 0
- Bruce Pearl gets welcomed by Auburn team, students after NCAA show-cause ends (VIDEO) 0
- John Calipari calls Mike Francesa’s radio show to complain about a critique (AUDIO) (6)
- Rupp Arena ranked college hoops’ best home venue, Cameron Indoor 31st? (5)
- John Calipari can be a great coach with being an x’s-and-o’s mastermind (4)
- Creighton’s logos draw ire of Major League Baseball franchise (4)
- In his first day of recruiting, Bruce Pearl lands Auburn a four-star forward (3)