May 21, 2014, 10:42 PM EST
Now that the order of the 2014 NBA Draft lottery is known many have let their feelings be known as to who the top pick in next month’s draft should be. And so have the sports books out in Las Vegas, with former Kansas wing Andrew Wiggins being the early favorite to be the first player taken.
Bovada’s given Wiggins 4 to 5 odds of being the top pick, with former teammate Joel Embiid having 7 to 5 odds and former Duke forward Jabari Parker coming in at 5 to 1. And if you’re into taking the longest odds in hopes of scoring a nice payday, the field has odds of 15 to 1. As for Sportsbook, Wiggins is an 11 to 10 favorite to be the top pick with Embiid (3 to 2) and Parker (3 to 1) falling in line behind him. And a bet for a player other than those three being the top choice is getting 15 to 1 odds at present time.
With there being just over a month to go before the June 26 draft there will be changes, thanks to pre-draft workouts, physicals and the “rumor mill” that tends to get going throughout the pre-draft process. Will Wiggins still have the best odds come late-June? We’ll see.
- Markus Kennedy cleared to play immediately for SMU 0
- Weekend Preview: A loaded Saturday slate highlights the weekend 4
- Rebounding, foul shooting help No. 2 Duke make up for 19 turnovers in win over UConn 0
- Michigan State starting forward to miss next two games with non-displaced wrist fracture 0
- Film Session: What’s plaguing Marcus Paige? 1
- Throwback Thursday: UConn ‘Shocks The World’ against Duke (VIDEO) 1
- New Year’s Resolutions: Virginia Cavaliers 1
- Gregg Marshall writes to Wichita State students after seeing empty seats in student section (PHOTO) (7)
- Report: David Robinson’s son will be preferred walk-on at Duke in 2015-16 (VIDEO) (6)
- West Virginia’s Bob Huggins torches Marshall after coach calls Huggs ‘afraid’ (5)
- Without Alex Poythress, No. 1 Kentucky’s offense looks comfortable in win over No. 21 North Carolina (4)
- Lauren Hill’s playing career over, to become honorary coach (4)