May 21, 2014, 10:42 PM EDT
Now that the order of the 2014 NBA Draft lottery is known many have let their feelings be known as to who the top pick in next month’s draft should be. And so have the sports books out in Las Vegas, with former Kansas wing Andrew Wiggins being the early favorite to be the first player taken.
Bovada’s given Wiggins 4 to 5 odds of being the top pick, with former teammate Joel Embiid having 7 to 5 odds and former Duke forward Jabari Parker coming in at 5 to 1. And if you’re into taking the longest odds in hopes of scoring a nice payday, the field has odds of 15 to 1. As for Sportsbook, Wiggins is an 11 to 10 favorite to be the top pick with Embiid (3 to 2) and Parker (3 to 1) falling in line behind him. And a bet for a player other than those three being the top choice is getting 15 to 1 odds at present time.
With there being just over a month to go before the June 26 draft there will be changes, thanks to pre-draft workouts, physicals and the “rumor mill” that tends to get going throughout the pre-draft process. Will Wiggins still have the best odds come late-June? We’ll see.
- Jalen Rose planning a book about the Fab Five 2
- Wisconsin’s Bo Ryan makes another statement wavering on potential retirement 0
- Cody Zeller, Indiana president speak out against recent athlete legal issues 0
- Five-star 2016 combo guard cuts list to four 0
- Xavier, Mount St. Joseph to launch the ‘Lauren Hill Tip-Off Classic’ 1
- Tai Wynyard: ‘I will be coming to UK in December’ 0
- Tom Izzo, 30 second shot clocks, and why zone presses will be more popular this year 1