May 21, 2014, 3:14 PM EDT
Former UNLV forward Demetris Morant will transfer to Florida-Gulf Coast. The news was reported by multiple outlets and FGCU players confirmed the news on twitter.
Morant is originally from Miami but made stops in Tallahassee, Tucson and Las Vegas in high school before arriving at UNLV. He redshirted in 2012-2013 and played limited minutes in 2013-2014 before leaving the school.
Morant’s father, who still lives in Florida, recently suffered a stroke, which is why he decided to return to Florida and enroll at FGCU. He will be applying for a waiver to be eligible immediately.
The 6-foot-9 Morant is extremely athletic and was rated as a top 150 recruit in the country in the Class of 2012.
- Cody Zeller, Indiana president speak out against recent athlete legal issues 0
- Five-star 2016 combo guard cuts list to four 0
- Xavier, Mount St. Joseph to launch the ‘Lauren Hill Tip-Off Classic’ 0
- Tai Wynyard: ‘I will be coming to UK in December’ 0
- Tom Izzo, 30 second shot clocks, and why zone presses will be more popular this year 1
- Kentucky lands a commitment from four-star 2016 forward 0
- Everything you need to know about the College Hoops Tip-Off Marathon 0
- Bill Self says Cheick Diallo could wait ‘at least another month’ for eligibility ruling (12)
- Blue Ribbon announces their preseason all-american team (3)
- Here’s what the new Illinois basketball court will look like (PHOTO) (2)
- Buffalo dismisses Justin Moss, reigning MAC Player of the Year, from team (2)
- Syracuse legend to undergo surgery on a brain tumor this week (2)