May 21, 2014, 3:14 PM EDT
Former UNLV forward Demetris Morant will transfer to Florida-Gulf Coast. The news was reported by multiple outlets and FGCU players confirmed the news on twitter.
Morant is originally from Miami but made stops in Tallahassee, Tucson and Las Vegas in high school before arriving at UNLV. He redshirted in 2012-2013 and played limited minutes in 2013-2014 before leaving the school.
Morant’s father, who still lives in Florida, recently suffered a stroke, which is why he decided to return to Florida and enroll at FGCU. He will be applying for a waiver to be eligible immediately.
The 6-foot-9 Morant is extremely athletic and was rated as a top 150 recruit in the country in the Class of 2012.
- Fixing his flaws: How Kris Dunn has attacked the two weaknesses in his game 0
- Five-star shooting guard focusing on ten schools 0
- Isaac Humphries is Kentucky’s insurance policy inside, but should that be concerning? 2
- Source: Isaac Humphries expected to commit to Kentucky, enroll in 2015 1
- Steady improvement turning Alize Johnson into valued Division I prospect 0
- Report: SMU’s Larry Brown up against ‘lack of coach control’ charge 1
- If the NCAA is correct, Donnie Tyndall is in big, big trouble 2
- Bruce Pearl on his time at Tennessee: ‘I ran a clean program’ (3)
- Another Division I coach loses their job in the wake of the Donnie Tyndall scandal (3)
- Marquette coaches discuss daily ‘noon ball’ tradition (VIDEO) (2)
- Isaac Humphries is Kentucky’s insurance policy inside, but should that be concerning? (2)
- Wichita State lands transfer guard from Texas A&M (2)