May 21, 2014, 3:14 PM EDT
Former UNLV forward Demetris Morant will transfer to Florida-Gulf Coast. The news was reported by multiple outlets and FGCU players confirmed the news on twitter.
Morant is originally from Miami but made stops in Tallahassee, Tucson and Las Vegas in high school before arriving at UNLV. He redshirted in 2012-2013 and played limited minutes in 2013-2014 before leaving the school.
Morant’s father, who still lives in Florida, recently suffered a stroke, which is why he decided to return to Florida and enroll at FGCU. He will be applying for a waiver to be eligible immediately.
The 6-foot-9 Morant is extremely athletic and was rated as a top 150 recruit in the country in the Class of 2012.
- Top talent in 2016 announces a top ten 1
- North Carolina athletic director Bubba Cunningham comments on Rashad McCants situation 1
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 0
- Former Michigan center discusses hasty departure for the NBA (VIDEO) 0
- Five-star 2015 center trims list to five 1
- College of Charleston coaching search takes another turn 0
- Rivals releases new rankings for the Class of 2015 0
- DePaul’s Purnell loses fifth recruit that signed letter of intent (3)
- Former Ole Miss star Marshall Henderson getting pro tryout in Italy (2)
- Will Bill Self and Kansas play small-ball this season? (2)
- Report: Ex-Spartan forward headed to Ohio (1)
- Blue Ribbon releases their Preseason First Team All-Americans (1)