May 22, 2014, 2:19 PM EDT
Oregon needed help in their back court after the dismissal of Dominic Artis, Damyean Dotson and Brandon Austin and they got it on Thursday, as three-star point guard Ahmaad Rorie announced that he will be attending Oregon.
Rorie is a Washington native that was originally signed to Cal’s 2014 recruiting class. But when Mike Montgomery retired earlier this spring, Rorie asked for and was given a release from his letter of intent.
Rorie will become the seventh new face on the Oregon roster this season, turnover that was needed after the Ducks lost ten players from last year’s team. Oregon’s class will be headlined by five-star combo-guard JaQuan Lyle, but it also includes three-star recruits Ray Kasongo, Jordan Bell and Casey Benson as well as JuCo transfer Michael Chandler and Dwayne Bennjamin.
The only returnees that saw major minutes a season ago are star guard Joseph Young and athletic big man Elgin Cook.
- 2014-15 Southern Conference Preview: Wofford, Chattanooga favored in Davidson’s absence 0
- Manhattan’s returnees look to build on the achievements of last season’s senior class 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Rivals Iona, Manhattan have company in race to the top of the MAAC 1
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 11 Villanova Wildcats 1
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Kentucky’s loaded rotation leads nation’s best front courts 0
- Cameron Payne didn’t expect to fill Isaiah Canaan’s void at Murray State, but he did 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: The Top 20 Perimeter Attacks 0
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes (7)
- Report: Texas plans to start paying their athletes $10,000 stipend (4)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (3)
- Texas A&M lands another five-star center, has loaded 2015 recruiting class (2)
- Florida guard cleared to return to practice (2)