May 22, 2014, 2:19 PM EDT
Oregon needed help in their back court after the dismissal of Dominic Artis, Damyean Dotson and Brandon Austin and they got it on Thursday, as three-star point guard Ahmaad Rorie announced that he will be attending Oregon.
Rorie is a Washington native that was originally signed to Cal’s 2014 recruiting class. But when Mike Montgomery retired earlier this spring, Rorie asked for and was given a release from his letter of intent.
Rorie will become the seventh new face on the Oregon roster this season, turnover that was needed after the Ducks lost ten players from last year’s team. Oregon’s class will be headlined by five-star combo-guard JaQuan Lyle, but it also includes three-star recruits Ray Kasongo, Jordan Bell and Casey Benson as well as JuCo transfer Michael Chandler and Dwayne Bennjamin.
The only returnees that saw major minutes a season ago are star guard Joseph Young and athletic big man Elgin Cook.
- Wisconsin’s Bo Ryan makes another statement wavering on potential retirement 0
- Cody Zeller, Indiana president speak out against recent athlete legal issues 0
- Five-star 2016 combo guard cuts list to four 0
- Xavier, Mount St. Joseph to launch the ‘Lauren Hill Tip-Off Classic’ 0
- Tai Wynyard: ‘I will be coming to UK in December’ 0
- Tom Izzo, 30 second shot clocks, and why zone presses will be more popular this year 1
- Kentucky lands a commitment from four-star 2016 forward 0
- Blue Ribbon announces their preseason all-american team (3)
- Syracuse legend to undergo surgery on a brain tumor this week (2)
- Wake Forest dismissed senior point guard for rules violation (1)
- Is Louisville’s non-conference schedule weak by design? (1)
- 10 year old Ohio State fan worried heart surgery would make him love Michigan (1)