May 22, 2014, 2:19 PM EST
Oregon needed help in their back court after the dismissal of Dominic Artis, Damyean Dotson and Brandon Austin and they got it on Thursday, as three-star point guard Ahmaad Rorie announced that he will be attending Oregon.
Rorie is a Washington native that was originally signed to Cal’s 2014 recruiting class. But when Mike Montgomery retired earlier this spring, Rorie asked for and was given a release from his letter of intent.
Rorie will become the seventh new face on the Oregon roster this season, turnover that was needed after the Ducks lost ten players from last year’s team. Oregon’s class will be headlined by five-star combo-guard JaQuan Lyle, but it also includes three-star recruits Ray Kasongo, Jordan Bell and Casey Benson as well as JuCo transfer Michael Chandler and Dwayne Bennjamin.
The only returnees that saw major minutes a season ago are star guard Joseph Young and athletic big man Elgin Cook.
- Why Duke’s road win at Virginia was so shocking 3
- Briante Weber suffers season-ending knee injury in No. 14 VCU’s loss to Richmond 0
- No. 4 Duke ends No. 2 Virginia’s unbeaten season 1
- Foul line, offensive rebounding aid No. 13 Louisville’s comeback effort 0
- Saturday’s Snacks: No. 4 Duke rebounds to beat No. 2 Virginia, and No. 8 Notre Dame falls 0
- No. 8 Notre Dame upset by Pitt 1
- Auburn coach Bruce Pearl greeted with cheers during first return to Tennessee (VIDEO) 2
- Duke dismisses reserve shooting guard from program (13)
- Bill Self on the loss of Kansas-Missouri rivalry: ‘It hasn’t been great’ (8)
- Jerian Grant, No. 8 Notre Dame erase another double-digit deficit as they beat No. 4 Duke (7)
- Coach K earns career win No. 1,000 in No. 5 Duke’s win over St. John’s (4)
- Kentucky lands commitment from international Class of 2016 big man (4)