May 22, 2014, 2:19 PM EDT
Oregon needed help in their back court after the dismissal of Dominic Artis, Damyean Dotson and Brandon Austin and they got it on Thursday, as three-star point guard Ahmaad Rorie announced that he will be attending Oregon.
Rorie is a Washington native that was originally signed to Cal’s 2014 recruiting class. But when Mike Montgomery retired earlier this spring, Rorie asked for and was given a release from his letter of intent.
Rorie will become the seventh new face on the Oregon roster this season, turnover that was needed after the Ducks lost ten players from last year’s team. Oregon’s class will be headlined by five-star combo-guard JaQuan Lyle, but it also includes three-star recruits Ray Kasongo, Jordan Bell and Casey Benson as well as JuCo transfer Michael Chandler and Dwayne Bennjamin.
The only returnees that saw major minutes a season ago are star guard Joseph Young and athletic big man Elgin Cook.
- No longer supplementary pieces, two Texans will lead the way at Weber State 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Weber State won’t lack for challengers in Big Sky 0
- Led by senior forward Alan Williams, UCSB capable of earning first NCAA tournament bid since 2011 0
- Behind Thompson and Comer, Dunk City looks to take flight once again this March 1
- New Mexico’s Craig Neal cuts hair for ‘Locks of Love’ (VIDEO) 0
- Stony Brook works toward NCAA appearance after DII transition 0
- Syracuse officials to meet NCAA Committee on Infractions later this month 0
- Big Ten writers release media poll, Wisconsin sits atop the league (6)
- Has Maryland found a new starting center? (2)
- First Preseason Top 25 poll is out, Kentucky sits at No. 1 (2)
- Maryland senior forward suffers sprained ankle (2)
- 2014-2015 Northeast Conference Preview: Is it time for Robert Morris to dance again? (1)