May 22, 2014, 10:58 AM EDT
Orlando Antigua has signed JuCo transfer Jaleel Cousins, the school announced on Wednesday.
Cousins is a 6-foot-11, 270 pound center that spent the last two seasons at Navarro JC in Corsicana, Tx. He averaged just 7.1 points and 4.8 boards but, according to Brad Winton of JuCoRecruiting.com, Cousins has a “big frame, good hands, and some skill back to basket.”
Antigua needed to find a big body after John Egbunu transferred out of the program, and Cousins certainly qualifies, although it will be tough for him to live up to the talent of his older brother, DeMarcus, the center for the Sacramento Kings.
Antigua coached DeMarcus in his one season at Kentucky.
- Wisconsin’s Bo Ryan makes another statement wavering on potential retirement 0
- Cody Zeller, Indiana president speak out against recent athlete legal issues 0
- Five-star 2016 combo guard cuts list to four 0
- Xavier, Mount St. Joseph to launch the ‘Lauren Hill Tip-Off Classic’ 0
- Tai Wynyard: ‘I will be coming to UK in December’ 0
- Tom Izzo, 30 second shot clocks, and why zone presses will be more popular this year 1
- Kentucky lands a commitment from four-star 2016 forward 0
- Blue Ribbon announces their preseason all-american team (3)
- 10 year old Ohio State fan worried heart surgery would make him love Michigan (1)
- Seton Hall to give scholarship basketball players $2,600 towards cost of attendance (1)
- Indiana president none too pleased with recent legal issues involving student-athletes (1)
- Throwback Thursday: When we realized Russell Westbrook was a freak (VIDEO) (1)