May 22, 2014, 10:58 AM EDT
Orlando Antigua has signed JuCo transfer Jaleel Cousins, the school announced on Wednesday.
Cousins is a 6-foot-11, 270 pound center that spent the last two seasons at Navarro JC in Corsicana, Tx. He averaged just 7.1 points and 4.8 boards but, according to Brad Winton of JuCoRecruiting.com, Cousins has a “big frame, good hands, and some skill back to basket.”
Antigua needed to find a big body after John Egbunu transferred out of the program, and Cousins certainly qualifies, although it will be tough for him to live up to the talent of his older brother, DeMarcus, the center for the Sacramento Kings.
Antigua coached DeMarcus in his one season at Kentucky.
- The Final Four is set, and it’s going to be insane 6
- No. 7 Michigan State reaches the Final Four for the seventh time under Izzo 6
- Wisconsin vs. Kentucky: The Final Four rematch we deserved to see 7
- No. 2 Arizona, Sean Miller’s quest to reach Final Four once again falls short 7
- Andrew Harrison’s late free throws send No. 1 Kentucky to the Final Four 68
- Sam Dekker, Frank Kaminsky catch fire as No. 1 Wisconsin beats No. 2 Arizona 9
- Rick Barnes is no longer the head coach at Texas 16
- Andrew Harrison’s late free throws send No. 1 Kentucky to the Final Four (68)
- Kentucky’s John Calipari is the National Coach of the Year, and it’s not close (36)
- Kentucky responds to Daxter Miles Jr.’s pregame comments (30)
- Updated tournament records: Big Ten teams make up half of Final Four (26)
- West Virginia freshman on Kentucky: ‘They’re going to be 36-1′ (20)