May 22, 2014, 10:58 AM EST
Orlando Antigua has signed JuCo transfer Jaleel Cousins, the school announced on Wednesday.
Cousins is a 6-foot-11, 270 pound center that spent the last two seasons at Navarro JC in Corsicana, Tx. He averaged just 7.1 points and 4.8 boards but, according to Brad Winton of JuCoRecruiting.com, Cousins has a “big frame, good hands, and some skill back to basket.”
Antigua needed to find a big body after John Egbunu transferred out of the program, and Cousins certainly qualifies, although it will be tough for him to live up to the talent of his older brother, DeMarcus, the center for the Sacramento Kings.
Antigua coached DeMarcus in his one season at Kentucky.
- Weekend Preview: Duke-Virginia, an MVC showdown and UNC-Louisville 2
- Duke dismisses reserve shooting guard from program 13
- Chase for 180: Already a good shooter, Tyler Harvey’s been even better in 2014-15 0
- Film Session: The case for Jerian Grant as National Player of the Year 1
- Jerian Grant, No. 8 Notre Dame erase another double-digit deficit as they beat No. 4 Duke 7
- Late Night Snacks: No. 8 Notre Dame outlasts No. 4 Duke in a thriller 2
- 2015 McDonald’s All-American rosters announced 2
- Duke dismisses reserve shooting guard from program (13)
- Jerian Grant, No. 8 Notre Dame erase another double-digit deficit as they beat No. 4 Duke (7)
- Bill Self on the loss of Kansas-Missouri rivalry: ‘It hasn’t been great’ (5)
- Coach K earns career win No. 1,000 in No. 5 Duke’s win over St. John’s (4)
- Kentucky lands commitment from international Class of 2016 big man (4)