May 22, 2014, 11:05 PM EST
Iowa State’s Fred Hoiberg and UConn’s Kevin Ollie aren’t the only college basketball head coaches to receive attention from the NBA this offseason, with Michigan State’s Tom Izzo being another coach whose name has been discussed in regards to the open positions.
Florida head coach Billy Donovan would also qualify, with ESPN reporting that the Cleveland Cavaliers reached out to the two-time national champion coach. However Donovan, while stating that he has been contacted by multiple teams this spring, stated that he’s happy in Gainesville.
“I have spoken to a couple NBA teams, and that’s all I’m going to say,” Donovan said in the story. “It’s always flattering, but at the same time, I’ve always said that I’m very happy here and like it here.”
Donovan agreed to become the head coach of the Orlando Magic a couple months after leading Florida to its second consecutive national title in 2007, only to change his mind a few days later. A coach who’s been as successful as Donovan’s been in the college ranks will have suitors, but he’s built an outstanding program at Florida. One would imagine that it would take a special offer to get him to consider leaving Gainesville.
- Wisconsin wins 2014 Battle 4 Atlantis with 69-56 win over Oklahoma 0
- Right wrist injury to sideline Maryland senior wing four weeks 0
- Bronson Koenig, Duje Dukan step forward in No. 2 Wisconsin’s win over Georgetown 0
- St. John’s seniors say they ‘grew up’ against Minnesota, but have they? 1
- The little things made a big difference in No. 3 Arizona’s win over No. 15 San Diego State 1
- Butler upsets No. 5 North Carolina in Battle 4 Atlantis opener 2
- If No. 12 Villanova doesn’t have a star on their roster, no one told JayVaughn Pinkston 0
- Villanova’s win is evidence of why VCU may have peaked as a basketball program (14)
- Rick Pitino on blow out win: ‘We played four white guys and an Egyptian’ (14)
- Michigan’s John Beilein rips ESPN for late tip time during Tuesday’s loss (13)
- Penn State unveils new uniforms for next two games (6)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25: Kentucky reigns, but how far will Kansas, Florida slide? (5)