May 22, 2014, 11:05 PM EST
Iowa State’s Fred Hoiberg and UConn’s Kevin Ollie aren’t the only college basketball head coaches to receive attention from the NBA this offseason, with Michigan State’s Tom Izzo being another coach whose name has been discussed in regards to the open positions.
Florida head coach Billy Donovan would also qualify, with ESPN reporting that the Cleveland Cavaliers reached out to the two-time national champion coach. However Donovan, while stating that he has been contacted by multiple teams this spring, stated that he’s happy in Gainesville.
“I have spoken to a couple NBA teams, and that’s all I’m going to say,” Donovan said in the story. “It’s always flattering, but at the same time, I’ve always said that I’m very happy here and like it here.”
Donovan agreed to become the head coach of the Orlando Magic a couple months after leading Florida to its second consecutive national title in 2007, only to change his mind a few days later. A coach who’s been as successful as Donovan’s been in the college ranks will have suitors, but he’s built an outstanding program at Florida. One would imagine that it would take a special offer to get him to consider leaving Gainesville.
- Ohio Valley Tournament Preview and Postseason Awards 0
- Mike Krzyzewski refuses comment on Rasheed Sulaimon sexual assault allegations 10
- Bracketology: Villanova takes ahold of the fourth No. 1 seed 3
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: How far will Wisconsin and Gonzaga fall? 20
- Bubble Banter: Oregon lands a key win, but Purdue, Stanford and Pitt lose 0
- Late Night Snacks: No. 7 Arizona, No. 11 Wichita State and No. 19 Baylor among Saturday’s big winners 1
- Did Gonzaga cost themselves a No. 1 seed with loss to BYU? 5
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: How far will Wisconsin and Gonzaga fall? (20)
- You Make the Call: Was Texas guard Isaiah Taylor fouled on this drive? (16)
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (13)
- Bill Self crushed, Jamari Traylor targeted during Kansas State court storm (VIDEO) (12)
- Mike Krzyzewski refuses comment on Rasheed Sulaimon sexual assault allegations (10)