May 22, 2014, 11:54 AM EDT
Tennessee State tapped into the transfer market this week as they landed Keron DeShields, a guard from Montana that averaged 11.8 points this past season.
The news was first reported by CBSSports.com.
DeShields is a Baltimore native that played for Montana for three years. He was the third-leading scorer for the Grizzlies in 2014. He’ll have one year of eligibility remaining at TSU, but he will have to sit out the 2014-2015 season due to the NCAA’s transfer rules.
Tennessee State plays in the Ohio Valley, where they won just six games last season, necessitating a coaching change. Dana Ford is now running the program.
- Duke lands five-star Class of 2015 wing Brandon Ingram 3
- College basketball’s seven biggest early entry losers for the 2015-2016 season 1
- College basketball’s six biggest early entry winners for the 2015-2016 season 3
- Austin Hatch’s inspirational basketball career has come to a close 3
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too-Early Preseason Rankings 1
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List 14
- Report: Yogi Ferrell to return to Indiana for senior season 0
- Duke lands commitment from elite PG Derryck Thornton, who will reclass (18)
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List (14)
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 (9)
- Louisville adds key grad transfer Damion Lee (6)
- Arizona forward Stanley Johnson enters 2015 NBA Draft (3)