May 22, 2014, 10:01 AM EST
The Southland Conference held their spring meetings this week, and among the topics that were discussed was the location of the league’s conference tournament.
The Southland has held their tournament at the Leonard E. Merrell Center in Katy, Tx., for the last seven seasons. The conference presidents voted unanimously to keep the event in Katy until at least 2017.
“The membership has expressed a strong level of approval with the tournament’s location, the venue, the experience our teams are enjoying, and the local support provided to the conference,” Southland commissioner Tom Burnett said.
- Quinn Cook is thriving as an off-guard, and No. 4 Duke will reap the benefits 0
- Rhode Island upsets No. 21 Nebraska, 66-62, in overtime 0
- Lauren Hill surprises teammates, fans with another layup in her second college game (VIDEO) 2
- The ‘Chaminade Crew’ and how Jonathan Holmes has changed the culture of Texas hoops 0
- Early struggles of Syracuse, Kaleb Joseph example of the downside of early entry 2
- UPDATE: Texas loses starting point guard to left wrist injury, out 4-6 weeks 0
- Burning Questions: Who’s poised to surprise (or disappoint) people in the Big Ten? 2
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (31)
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? (5)
- No. 1 Kentucky survives Buffalo despite ugly effort offensively (4)
- Pregame Shootaround: No. 14 Iowa State needs to be on upset alert tonight (3)
- Miami upsets No. 8 Florida thanks to the Angel Rodriguez takeover (3)