May 22, 2014, 10:01 AM EDT
The Southland Conference held their spring meetings this week, and among the topics that were discussed was the location of the league’s conference tournament.
The Southland has held their tournament at the Leonard E. Merrell Center in Katy, Tx., for the last seven seasons. The conference presidents voted unanimously to keep the event in Katy until at least 2017.
“The membership has expressed a strong level of approval with the tournament’s location, the venue, the experience our teams are enjoying, and the local support provided to the conference,” Southland commissioner Tom Burnett said.
- Expectations have changed for Nebraska after surprise run to 2014 NCAA tournament 0
- John Calipari on whether Kentucky will use platoons this season: ‘I think so’ 3
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 1
- Austin Hatch, who twice survived plane crashes, plays for Michigan 0
- Kentucky loses final game of Bahamas tour, Jack Martinez hits game-winner for Dominican Republic (VIDEO) 0
- Four-star shooting guard verbally commits to UCLA 0
- USA Basketball U17 team wins gold in the FIBA World Championships 0
- Michigan State’s Tom Izzo takes the #icebucketchallenge (VIDEO) (5)
- Northern Illinois unveils its new basketball floor (PHOTO) (5)
- Larry Brown on Emmanuel Mudiay going pro: ‘I thought it was a bad decision’ (4)
- Former Vanderbilt player releasing book exposing sex, drugs and parties in college basketball (4)
- Indiana lands a final piece in their 2014 recruiting class (4)