May 22, 2014, 10:01 AM EST
The Southland Conference held their spring meetings this week, and among the topics that were discussed was the location of the league’s conference tournament.
The Southland has held their tournament at the Leonard E. Merrell Center in Katy, Tx., for the last seven seasons. The conference presidents voted unanimously to keep the event in Katy until at least 2017.
“The membership has expressed a strong level of approval with the tournament’s location, the venue, the experience our teams are enjoying, and the local support provided to the conference,” Southland commissioner Tom Burnett said.
- Bubble Banter: Just how bad was Indiana’s loss to Iowa? 0
- Player of the Year Power Rankings: It’s Frank Kaminsky’s award to win 1
- Ohio Valley Tournament Preview and Postseason Awards 0
- Mike Krzyzewski refuses comment on Rasheed Sulaimon sexual assault allegations 10
- Bracketology: Villanova takes ahold of the fourth No. 1 seed 3
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: How far will Wisconsin and Gonzaga fall? 20
- Bubble Banter: Oregon lands a key win, but Purdue, Stanford and Pitt lose 0
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: How far will Wisconsin and Gonzaga fall? (20)
- You Make the Call: Was Texas guard Isaiah Taylor fouled on this drive? (16)
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (13)
- Mike Krzyzewski refuses comment on Rasheed Sulaimon sexual assault allegations (10)
- Vanderbilt head coach Kevin Stallings apologizes for postgame outburst directed at freshman guard Wade Baldwin IV (9)