May 23, 2014, 10:13 AM EDT
Wisconsin is on the board in the Class of 2015, as 6-foot-3 guard Brevin Pritzl verbally committed to join Bo Ryan’s program Thursday night, as reported by multiple outlets. Pritzl, who attends De Pere High School in De Pere, Wis., also held offers from programs such as Creighton and Xavier. Pritzl made the decision to become a Badger just over a week after he was offered by the school during an unofficial visit.
As a junior Pritzl averaged 20.9 points per game, earning Wisconsin Division 1 All-State honors. He’s rated 71st in the 2015 class by 247Sports. With Wisconsin losing both Josh Gasser and Traevon Jackson at the end of the 2014-15 season, adding a guard in the 2015 recruiting class is an important development for the program.
Among the perimeter players who will have eligibility remaining in 2015 are Bronson Koenig, Zak Showalter and Riley Dearring. Both Showalter and Dearring were redshirted in 2013-14. As for where Pritzl will fit in when he arrives on campus, he said the following to Andrew Pekarek of the Green Bay Press-Gazette:
“It will become more clear to me next year what they want me to do,” said Pritzl, who received first team all-state honors in Division 1 from the Wisconsin Basketball Coaches Association.
“Right now talking to coach Ryan, coach (Lamont) Paris, coach Gard, they want me to play in kind of the role that Ben Brust had and (Jason) Bohannon before him. They want me to come into that scorer and shooter to stretch the floor role.”
Wisconsin will have five seniors on its 2014-15 roster: guards Gasser and Jackson, forward Duje Dukan and centers Frank Kaminsky and Evan Anderson. With that being the case, Pritzl will have some company in the program’s 2015 recruiting haul.
- Former Cornell forward Shonn Miller headed to UConn for final season of eligibility 0
- Purdue center A.J. Hammons to return for senior season 0
- Five-star 7-footer Stephen Zimmerman commits to UNLV 4
- College basketball’s eight most important NBA Draft decisions 2
- Updated 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 8
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List 10
- Duke’s Tyus Jones becomes third Blue Devil to enter the NBA Draft 11
- Duke’s Tyus Jones becomes third Blue Devil to enter the NBA Draft (11)
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List (10)
- Duke freshman Justise Winslow will enter 2015 NBA Draft (8)
- Updated 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 (8)
- 6-foot-11 center Antonio Vrankovic commits to Duke (6)