May 23, 2014, 10:13 AM EST
Wisconsin is on the board in the Class of 2015, as 6-foot-3 guard Brevin Pritzl verbally committed to join Bo Ryan’s program Thursday night, as reported by multiple outlets. Pritzl, who attends De Pere High School in De Pere, Wis., also held offers from programs such as Creighton and Xavier. Pritzl made the decision to become a Badger just over a week after he was offered by the school during an unofficial visit.
As a junior Pritzl averaged 20.9 points per game, earning Wisconsin Division 1 All-State honors. He’s rated 71st in the 2015 class by 247Sports. With Wisconsin losing both Josh Gasser and Traevon Jackson at the end of the 2014-15 season, adding a guard in the 2015 recruiting class is an important development for the program.
Among the perimeter players who will have eligibility remaining in 2015 are Bronson Koenig, Zak Showalter and Riley Dearring. Both Showalter and Dearring were redshirted in 2013-14. As for where Pritzl will fit in when he arrives on campus, he said the following to Andrew Pekarek of the Green Bay Press-Gazette:
“It will become more clear to me next year what they want me to do,” said Pritzl, who received first team all-state honors in Division 1 from the Wisconsin Basketball Coaches Association.
“Right now talking to coach Ryan, coach (Lamont) Paris, coach Gard, they want me to play in kind of the role that Ben Brust had and (Jason) Bohannon before him. They want me to come into that scorer and shooter to stretch the floor role.”
Wisconsin will have five seniors on its 2014-15 roster: guards Gasser and Jackson, forward Duje Dukan and centers Frank Kaminsky and Evan Anderson. With that being the case, Pritzl will have some company in the program’s 2015 recruiting haul.
- Late Night Snacks: No. 7 Arizona, No. 11 Wichita State and No. 19 Baylor among Saturday’s big winners 1
- Did Gonzaga cost themselves a No. 1 seed with loss to BYU? 2
- Kaleb Tarczewski produces another quality outing as No. 7 Arizona beats No. 13 Utah 0
- Bubble Banter: Boise State, St. John’s, Dayton win the day; Texas, N.C. State lose; and Kansas State? 2
- No. 1 Kentucky moves to 29-0 with blowout win over No. 18 Arkansas 1
- No. 11 Wichita State wins the Missouri Valley by knocking off No. 10 Northern Iowa 0
- NCAA tournament berth the final step for St. John’s senior class 0
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (12)
- Roy Williams calls out North Carolina fans following win over Georgia Tech (11)
- Bill Self crushed, Jamari Traylor targeted during Kansas State court storm (VIDEO) (11)
- You Make the Call: Was Texas guard Isaiah Taylor fouled on this drive? (10)
- Dez Wells, Melo Trimble lead No. 14 Maryland to upset of No. 5 Wisconsin (9)