May 23, 2014, 9:00 PM EDT
James Madison transfer wing Charles Cooke had narrowed down his options to three schools.
According to Jon Rothstein of CBS Sports, the rising junior is considering Michigan State, Dayton and Rhode Island. Cooke has been on the URI campus previously and has a visit to Dayton lined up in June.
The 6-foot-6 Cooke was part of the James Madison team that qualified for the 2013 NCAA Tournament. In his sophomore season he saw his scoring average spike from 5.8 points to 14.3 points per game to go along with 5.0 boards and 1.4 steals he recorded a contest.
Michigan State is in need of a player out of the wing. The Spartans are also recruiting West Virginia guard Eron Harris. Dayton, on the heels of its Elite 8 run, is one of the preseason favorites in the Atlantic 10 along with VCU. Archie Miller has an abundance of young talent on that roster — 10 freshmen and sophomores in 2013-2014 — with three more recruits joining the program. Rhode Island, a team that could emerge as a threat to Dayton and VCU in the A-10, has one of the conference’s best perimeter attacks anchored by E.C. Matthews, Biggie Minnis, T.J. Buchanan and the incoming guard duo of Jarvis Garrett and four-star prospect Jared Terrell.
Cooke will have two years of eligibility remaining.
- Skal Labissiere is considering Europe, but that doesn’t mean there’s a market for him 0
- AAU Nationals Saturday Recap: Raymond Spalding has upside, Trent Forrest and Gary Trent, Jr. perform at a high level 0
- Las Vegas Friday Recap: Jaylen Brown, Kobi Simmons among standouts 0
- AAU Nationals Friday Recap: Event moves to Louisville, Bruce Brown plays well, Noah Dickerson updates recruitment 0
- College Basketball Talk’s Class of 2015 Draft 0
- Marcus Foster still hasn’t forgotten, or forgiven, those pulled scholarships 3
- Las Vegas Thursday Recap: Skal Labissiere, Stephen Zimmerman perform well 0
- Mother of elite recruit Josh Jackson: ‘Josh hasn’t been recruited by anyone’ (5)
- Marcus Foster still hasn’t forgotten, or forgiven, those pulled scholarships (3)
- Two surprises after first cuts at Team USA U17 trials (3)
- Isaiah Austin has a job with the NBA once he finishes degree at Baylor (2)
- Mixtape for Ben Simmons, who proves he’s 2015′s No. 1 player (VIDEO) (2)