May 23, 2014, 9:00 PM EST
James Madison transfer wing Charles Cooke had narrowed down his options to three schools.
According to Jon Rothstein of CBS Sports, the rising junior is considering Michigan State, Dayton and Rhode Island. Cooke has been on the URI campus previously and has a visit to Dayton lined up in June.
The 6-foot-6 Cooke was part of the James Madison team that qualified for the 2013 NCAA Tournament. In his sophomore season he saw his scoring average spike from 5.8 points to 14.3 points per game to go along with 5.0 boards and 1.4 steals he recorded a contest.
Michigan State is in need of a player out of the wing. The Spartans are also recruiting West Virginia guard Eron Harris. Dayton, on the heels of its Elite 8 run, is one of the preseason favorites in the Atlantic 10 along with VCU. Archie Miller has an abundance of young talent on that roster — 10 freshmen and sophomores in 2013-2014 — with three more recruits joining the program. Rhode Island, a team that could emerge as a threat to Dayton and VCU in the A-10, has one of the conference’s best perimeter attacks anchored by E.C. Matthews, Biggie Minnis, T.J. Buchanan and the incoming guard duo of Jarvis Garrett and four-star prospect Jared Terrell.
Cooke will have two years of eligibility remaining.
- Lauren Hill surprises teammates, fans with another layup in her second college game (VIDEO) 1
- The ‘Chaminade Crew’ and how Jonathan Holmes has changed the culture of Texas hoops 0
- Early struggles of Syracuse, Kaleb Joseph example of the downside of early entry 2
- UPDATE: Texas loses starting point guard to left wrist injury, out 4-6 weeks 0
- Burning Questions: Who’s poised to surprise (or disappoint) people in the Big Ten? 2
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb 29
- Burning Questions: Who will be this year’s surprise freshman standout? 0
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (29)
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? (5)
- No. 1 Kentucky survives Buffalo despite ugly effort offensively (4)
- Pregame Shootaround: No. 14 Iowa State needs to be on upset alert tonight (3)
- Miami upsets No. 8 Florida thanks to the Angel Rodriguez takeover (3)