May 23, 2014, 9:00 PM EST
James Madison transfer wing Charles Cooke had narrowed down his options to three schools.
According to Jon Rothstein of CBS Sports, the rising junior is considering Michigan State, Dayton and Rhode Island. Cooke has been on the URI campus previously and has a visit to Dayton lined up in June.
The 6-foot-6 Cooke was part of the James Madison team that qualified for the 2013 NCAA Tournament. In his sophomore season he saw his scoring average spike from 5.8 points to 14.3 points per game to go along with 5.0 boards and 1.4 steals he recorded a contest.
Michigan State is in need of a player out of the wing. The Spartans are also recruiting West Virginia guard Eron Harris. Dayton, on the heels of its Elite 8 run, is one of the preseason favorites in the Atlantic 10 along with VCU. Archie Miller has an abundance of young talent on that roster — 10 freshmen and sophomores in 2013-2014 — with three more recruits joining the program. Rhode Island, a team that could emerge as a threat to Dayton and VCU in the A-10, has one of the conference’s best perimeter attacks anchored by E.C. Matthews, Biggie Minnis, T.J. Buchanan and the incoming guard duo of Jarvis Garrett and four-star prospect Jared Terrell.
Cooke will have two years of eligibility remaining.
- Bonzie Colson continues hot streak as No. 12 Notre Dame wins at No. 16 Louisville 1
- Bubble Banter: Why LSU losing is bad news for Texas A&M 1
- Potential Cinderellas you want to win their automatic bid 2
- Virginia’s Justin Anderson could return as early as Saturday 0
- Missouri Valley Conference Tournament Preview and Postseason Awards 0
- No. 9 Kansas rallies to beat No. 20 West Virginia in OT but injury to Perry Ellis is major concern 1
- Bubble Banter: Just how bad was Indiana’s loss to Iowa? 1
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: How far will Wisconsin and Gonzaga fall? (24)
- You Make the Call: Was Texas guard Isaiah Taylor fouled on this drive? (16)
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (13)
- Mike Krzyzewski refuses comment on Rasheed Sulaimon sexual assault allegations (10)