May 23, 2014, 9:00 PM EDT
James Madison transfer wing Charles Cooke had narrowed down his options to three schools.
According to Jon Rothstein of CBS Sports, the rising junior is considering Michigan State, Dayton and Rhode Island. Cooke has been on the URI campus previously and has a visit to Dayton lined up in June.
The 6-foot-6 Cooke was part of the James Madison team that qualified for the 2013 NCAA Tournament. In his sophomore season he saw his scoring average spike from 5.8 points to 14.3 points per game to go along with 5.0 boards and 1.4 steals he recorded a contest.
Michigan State is in need of a player out of the wing. The Spartans are also recruiting West Virginia guard Eron Harris. Dayton, on the heels of its Elite 8 run, is one of the preseason favorites in the Atlantic 10 along with VCU. Archie Miller has an abundance of young talent on that roster — 10 freshmen and sophomores in 2013-2014 — with three more recruits joining the program. Rhode Island, a team that could emerge as a threat to Dayton and VCU in the A-10, has one of the conference’s best perimeter attacks anchored by E.C. Matthews, Biggie Minnis, T.J. Buchanan and the incoming guard duo of Jarvis Garrett and four-star prospect Jared Terrell.
Cooke will have two years of eligibility remaining.
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 0
- John Calipari can be a great coach with being an x’s-and-o’s mastermind 4
- Louisville’s Terry Rozier is ready for his bigger role this season 1
- Expectations have changed for Nebraska after surprise run to 2014 NCAA tournament 0
- John Calipari on whether Kentucky will use platoons this season: ‘I think so’ 3
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 1
- Austin Hatch, who twice survived plane crashes, plays for Michigan 0
- John Calipari calls Mike Francesa’s radio show to complain about a critique (AUDIO) (7)
- Rupp Arena ranked college hoops’ best home venue, Cameron Indoor 31st? (6)
- Northern Illinois unveils its new basketball floor (PHOTO) (5)
- Former Vanderbilt player releasing book exposing sex, drugs and parties in college basketball (4)
- Indiana lands a final piece in their 2014 recruiting class (4)