May 23, 2014, 6:00 PM EDT
The freshmen tandem of Evan Payne and Gabe Levin, both All-West Coast freshmen team selections, provided a foundation for last-place Loyola Marymount moving forward.
Two months after Mike Dunlap was hired to replace Max Good, that latter of those freshmen standouts decided to start over at a different program. With several visits lined up, it appears Levin, the 6-foot-7 forward, is looking to test himself at a higher level.
Levin will visit Marquette on June 4, according to Jeff Borzello of CBS Sports. On June 8, the Oak Park, Illinois native will make a trip to Northwestern, Seth Gruen of the Chicago Sun-Times reports. Notre Dame is also in the mix.
Levin started 29 games for the Lions, posting averages of 11.1 points and 7.1 rebounds per game and recording six double-doubles. He will sit out the 2014-2015 season, per NCAA transfer rules, and will have three years of remaining eligibility.
As a post-graduate at St. Thomas More School (Connecticut), Levin had originally committed to Hofstra. When head coach Mo Cassara was fired after the 2012-2013 season, Levin reopened his recruitment picking Loyola Marymount last May.
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players in the Class of 2008? 1
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players in the Class of 2007? 0
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2006? 0
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2005? 1
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2004? 2
- Bo Ryan to retire from Wisconsin after next season 4
- Who are the names to watch for the 2016 NBA Draft? 2
- Bo Ryan to retire from Wisconsin after next season (4)
- South Carolina coach Frank Martin releases statement, asks for confederate flag removal (3)
- UCLA lands four-star center, second 2017 commitment (3)
- So what happened to the chair Bobby Knight threw in 1985? (3)
- Flooding from storm damages Denver’s practice floor (PHOTOS) (3)