May 23, 2014, 6:00 PM EST
The freshmen tandem of Evan Payne and Gabe Levin, both All-West Coast freshmen team selections, provided a foundation for last-place Loyola Marymount moving forward.
Two months after Mike Dunlap was hired to replace Max Good, that latter of those freshmen standouts decided to start over at a different program. With several visits lined up, it appears Levin, the 6-foot-7 forward, is looking to test himself at a higher level.
Levin will visit Marquette on June 4, according to Jeff Borzello of CBS Sports. On June 8, the Oak Park, Illinois native will make a trip to Northwestern, Seth Gruen of the Chicago Sun-Times reports. Notre Dame is also in the mix.
Levin started 29 games for the Lions, posting averages of 11.1 points and 7.1 rebounds per game and recording six double-doubles. He will sit out the 2014-2015 season, per NCAA transfer rules, and will have three years of remaining eligibility.
As a post-graduate at St. Thomas More School (Connecticut), Levin had originally committed to Hofstra. When head coach Mo Cassara was fired after the 2012-2013 season, Levin reopened his recruitment picking Loyola Marymount last May.
- Bubble Banter: Oregon lands a key win, but Purdue, Stanford and Pitt lose 0
- Late Night Snacks: No. 7 Arizona, No. 11 Wichita State and No. 19 Baylor among Saturday’s big winners 1
- Did Gonzaga cost themselves a No. 1 seed with loss to BYU? 5
- Kaleb Tarczewski produces another quality outing as No. 7 Arizona beats No. 13 Utah 0
- Bubble Banter: Boise State, St. John’s, Dayton win the day; Texas, N.C. State lose; and Kansas State? 4
- No. 1 Kentucky moves to 29-0 with blowout win over No. 18 Arkansas 3
- No. 11 Wichita State wins the Missouri Valley by knocking off No. 10 Northern Iowa 1
- You Make the Call: Was Texas guard Isaiah Taylor fouled on this drive? (13)
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (12)
- Bill Self crushed, Jamari Traylor targeted during Kansas State court storm (VIDEO) (11)
- Dez Wells, Melo Trimble lead No. 14 Maryland to upset of No. 5 Wisconsin (9)
- Vanderbilt head coach Kevin Stallings apologizes for postgame outburst directed at freshman guard Wade Baldwin IV (9)