May 23, 2014, 6:00 PM EDT
The freshmen tandem of Evan Payne and Gabe Levin, both All-West Coast freshmen team selections, provided a foundation for last-place Loyola Marymount moving forward.
Two months after Mike Dunlap was hired to replace Max Good, that latter of those freshmen standouts decided to start over at a different program. With several visits lined up, it appears Levin, the 6-foot-7 forward, is looking to test himself at a higher level.
Levin will visit Marquette on June 4, according to Jeff Borzello of CBS Sports. On June 8, the Oak Park, Illinois native will make a trip to Northwestern, Seth Gruen of the Chicago Sun-Times reports. Notre Dame is also in the mix.
Levin started 29 games for the Lions, posting averages of 11.1 points and 7.1 rebounds per game and recording six double-doubles. He will sit out the 2014-2015 season, per NCAA transfer rules, and will have three years of remaining eligibility.
As a post-graduate at St. Thomas More School (Connecticut), Levin had originally committed to Hofstra. When head coach Mo Cassara was fired after the 2012-2013 season, Levin reopened his recruitment picking Loyola Marymount last May.
- Wisconsin’s Bo Ryan makes another statement wavering on potential retirement 0
- Cody Zeller, Indiana president speak out against recent athlete legal issues 0
- Five-star 2016 combo guard cuts list to four 0
- Xavier, Mount St. Joseph to launch the ‘Lauren Hill Tip-Off Classic’ 0
- Tai Wynyard: ‘I will be coming to UK in December’ 0
- Tom Izzo, 30 second shot clocks, and why zone presses will be more popular this year 1
- Kentucky lands a commitment from four-star 2016 forward 0
- Blue Ribbon announces their preseason all-american team (3)
- 10 year old Ohio State fan worried heart surgery would make him love Michigan (1)
- Seton Hall to give scholarship basketball players $2,600 towards cost of attendance (1)
- Indiana president none too pleased with recent legal issues involving student-athletes (1)
- Throwback Thursday: When we realized Russell Westbrook was a freak (VIDEO) (1)