May 24, 2014, 2:30 PM EDT
Dayton and Arkansas will begin a home-and-home series in 2014-2015, according to a report from CBSSports.com.
The first game of the two-year series will be played in Fayetteville with the Flyers receiving a return game in Dayton in 2015-2016.
Dayton is coming off of a run to last season’s Elite 8, and while they lose a couple of key pieces off of that team, there is enough talent coming back — which includes Archie Miller, a hot name in the coaching community — that the Flyers will be a contender in the Atlantic 10.
Arkansas has not had that much success under Mike Anderson, but with Bobby Portis and Ky Madden back for another season, the Razorbacks look like they could end up being the third-best team in the SEC. Missing out on the NCAA tournament would be a major disappointment.
- UCLA’s Pauley Pavilion flooded after water main break on Sunset Boulevard (PHOTOS/VIDEOS) 0
- John Calipari’s return to Kentucky ‘solely’ due to loyalty to his players 0
- The other side of the July live period: Recruits continue to strive for attention and offers 0
- Seven takeaways from AAU Nationals and Super Showcase 0
- Seven takeaways from Las Vegas for the final AAU weekend of 2014 0
- One college coach’s unique connection to the Peach Jam 0
- July Live Period Week Three Superlatives 0
- Marcus Foster still hasn’t forgotten, or forgiven, those pulled scholarships (3)
- Two surprises after first cuts at Team USA U17 trials (3)
- Top 15 recruit Antonio Blakeney has made the ‘jump’ — literally — to elite status (2)
- The latest allegations against Doug Wojcik involve a physical confrontation (2)
- Coach K: ‘I do not see an end of my road in my college coaching’ (1)