May 24, 2014, 7:15 PM EDT
According to On The Radar Hoops, Samford will be losing two players as freshmen Isaiah Williams and Jordan Capps have decided to transfer. Williams was a productive player during his one season under Bennie Seltzer, as he posted averages of 11.9 points and 3.4 assists per game.
Williams, a 6-foot-1 point guard, was a member of both the coaches’ and the media’s Southern Conference All-Freshman teams with the media also naming him their Freshman of the Year. The coaches chose UNCG guard Tevon Saddler for that particular individual honor.
Williams reached the 20-point mark in three games this past season, with the most recent effort being a 24-point outing in a loss at The Citadel in late-February. Williams reached double figures in scoring in 18 of the 30 games he played in, and his assist-to-turnover ratio of 1.6 ranked fourth in the SoCon.
Capps, a 6-foot-4 wing, averaged 5.3 points and 3.5 rebounds per game in his lone season as a Bulldog and started ten of the 33 games in which he played. Capps shot 52.4% from the field, with his best offensive performance of the season being a 14-point (7-for-10 FG) outing in Samford’s Southern Conference tournament loss to Davidson.
Capps’ high for rebounds in a game was nine, which he reached in a win over Kentucky State in December. Against Division I competition, his best rebounding output was an eight-rebound effort in an early-January loss to Chattanooga. Capps also scored 13 points in that game.
- Cody Zeller, Indiana president speak out against recent athlete legal issues 0
- Five-star 2016 combo guard cuts list to four 0
- Xavier, Mount St. Joseph to launch the ‘Lauren Hill Tip-Off Classic’ 0
- Tai Wynyard: ‘I will be coming to UK in December’ 0
- Tom Izzo, 30 second shot clocks, and why zone presses will be more popular this year 1
- Kentucky lands a commitment from four-star 2016 forward 0
- Everything you need to know about the College Hoops Tip-Off Marathon 0
- Bill Self says Cheick Diallo could wait ‘at least another month’ for eligibility ruling (12)
- Blue Ribbon announces their preseason all-american team (3)
- Nike and Under Armour host showcase events as the Shoe Wars continue to heat up (2)
- Here’s what the new Illinois basketball court will look like (PHOTO) (2)
- Buffalo dismisses Justin Moss, reigning MAC Player of the Year, from team (2)