May 24, 2014, 7:15 PM EDT
According to On The Radar Hoops, Samford will be losing two players as freshmen Isaiah Williams and Jordan Capps have decided to transfer. Williams was a productive player during his one season under Bennie Seltzer, as he posted averages of 11.9 points and 3.4 assists per game.
Williams, a 6-foot-1 point guard, was a member of both the coaches’ and the media’s Southern Conference All-Freshman teams with the media also naming him their Freshman of the Year. The coaches chose UNCG guard Tevon Saddler for that particular individual honor.
Williams reached the 20-point mark in three games this past season, with the most recent effort being a 24-point outing in a loss at The Citadel in late-February. Williams reached double figures in scoring in 18 of the 30 games he played in, and his assist-to-turnover ratio of 1.6 ranked fourth in the SoCon.
Capps, a 6-foot-4 wing, averaged 5.3 points and 3.5 rebounds per game in his lone season as a Bulldog and started ten of the 33 games in which he played. Capps shot 52.4% from the field, with his best offensive performance of the season being a 14-point (7-for-10 FG) outing in Samford’s Southern Conference tournament loss to Davidson.
Capps’ high for rebounds in a game was nine, which he reached in a win over Kentucky State in December. Against Division I competition, his best rebounding output was an eight-rebound effort in an early-January loss to Chattanooga. Capps also scored 13 points in that game.
- Former Memphis forward Austin Nichols transferring to Virginia 3
- Thursday Las Vegas Recap: Dennis Smith and Frank Jackson battle; Lonzo Ball quiets critics; Wendell Carter talks visit 0
- Wednesday Las Vegas Recap: Dennis Smith vs Lonzo Ball; Frank Jackson faces Kobi Simmons 0
- Kentucky-commit Jamal Murray scores 20 to headline Wednesday’s Pan-Am Games 0
- July Live Period Preview: Four story lines to follow from Las Vegas 0
- July Live Period Preview: The events to keep an eye on in Vegas this week 0
- Contender for No. 1 in 2016 class, Harry Giles, cuts list to five 10
- Drake committed an NCAA violation while at Kentucky’s Big Blue Madness (11)
- Maryland fans still hate Mike Krzyzewski (8)
- List for potential nicknames for North Dakota down to five (8)
- Nik Stauskas trolls Ohio State fans, claims Thad Matta didn’t know who he was (PHOTO) (6)
- Are college teams going to be available on NBA 2K? (3)