May 24, 2014, 7:15 PM EDT
According to On The Radar Hoops, Samford will be losing two players as freshmen Isaiah Williams and Jordan Capps have decided to transfer. Williams was a productive player during his one season under Bennie Seltzer, as he posted averages of 11.9 points and 3.4 assists per game.
Williams, a 6-foot-1 point guard, was a member of both the coaches’ and the media’s Southern Conference All-Freshman teams with the media also naming him their Freshman of the Year. The coaches chose UNCG guard Tevon Saddler for that particular individual honor.
Williams reached the 20-point mark in three games this past season, with the most recent effort being a 24-point outing in a loss at The Citadel in late-February. Williams reached double figures in scoring in 18 of the 30 games he played in, and his assist-to-turnover ratio of 1.6 ranked fourth in the SoCon.
Capps, a 6-foot-4 wing, averaged 5.3 points and 3.5 rebounds per game in his lone season as a Bulldog and started ten of the 33 games in which he played. Capps shot 52.4% from the field, with his best offensive performance of the season being a 14-point (7-for-10 FG) outing in Samford’s Southern Conference tournament loss to Davidson.
Capps’ high for rebounds in a game was nine, which he reached in a win over Kentucky State in December. Against Division I competition, his best rebounding output was an eight-rebound effort in an early-January loss to Chattanooga. Capps also scored 13 points in that game.
- Former Cornell forward Shonn Miller headed to UConn for final season of eligibility 0
- Purdue center A.J. Hammons to return for senior season 0
- Five-star 7-footer Stephen Zimmerman commits to UNLV 4
- College basketball’s eight most important NBA Draft decisions 2
- Updated 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 8
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List 10
- Duke’s Tyus Jones becomes third Blue Devil to enter the NBA Draft 11
- Duke’s Tyus Jones becomes third Blue Devil to enter the NBA Draft (11)
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List (10)
- Duke freshman Justise Winslow will enter 2015 NBA Draft (8)
- Updated 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 (8)
- 6-foot-11 center Antonio Vrankovic commits to Duke (6)