May 24, 2014, 7:15 PM EDT
According to On The Radar Hoops, Samford will be losing two players as freshmen Isaiah Williams and Jordan Capps have decided to transfer. Williams was a productive player during his one season under Bennie Seltzer, as he posted averages of 11.9 points and 3.4 assists per game.
Williams, a 6-foot-1 point guard, was a member of both the coaches’ and the media’s Southern Conference All-Freshman teams with the media also naming him their Freshman of the Year. The coaches chose UNCG guard Tevon Saddler for that particular individual honor.
Williams reached the 20-point mark in three games this past season, with the most recent effort being a 24-point outing in a loss at The Citadel in late-February. Williams reached double figures in scoring in 18 of the 30 games he played in, and his assist-to-turnover ratio of 1.6 ranked fourth in the SoCon.
Capps, a 6-foot-4 wing, averaged 5.3 points and 3.5 rebounds per game in his lone season as a Bulldog and started ten of the 33 games in which he played. Capps shot 52.4% from the field, with his best offensive performance of the season being a 14-point (7-for-10 FG) outing in Samford’s Southern Conference tournament loss to Davidson.
Capps’ high for rebounds in a game was nine, which he reached in a win over Kentucky State in December. Against Division I competition, his best rebounding output was an eight-rebound effort in an early-January loss to Chattanooga. Capps also scored 13 points in that game.
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ 7
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan 4
- Thoughts on Antonio Blakeney, shoe companies and decommitments 1
- Top prospect in Class of 2014 signs endorsement deal with Under Armour 1
- Five-star shooting guard Antonio Blakeney decommits from Louisville 3
- Richard Pitino warns Minnesota fans not to trust his dad before Louisville opener 2
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: UConn and Arizona land 2015 big men, 2015 commitments flying off the board 0
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ (7)
- Former Indiana guard A.J. Guyton writes an open letter to Bob Knight (6)
- Big Blue Nation already camping out for Big Blue Madness? (PHOTO) (5)
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ (4)
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan (4)