May 25, 2014, 11:15 AM EST
Two of the top three scorers in college basketball this season were National Player of the Year Doug McDermott and ACC Player of the Year T.J. Warren.
Sandwiched in between the two projected first round picks was Niagara redshirt junior Antoine Mason. While McDermott and Warren are bound for the professional ranks, Mason, son of former NBA veteran Anthony Mason, is also on the move, announcing his transfer last Wednesday.
Mason, who will be eligible to play next season due to the graduate transfer rule, has quickly drawn interest from programs in the AAC, Big East, Big Ten, Big 12 and SEC.
“Cincinnati, Oklahoma State, Seton Hall, St. John’s, Providence, Auburn, Wake Forest, Maryland, Missouri, Texas A&M, and a few more have all reached out so far,” Mason told 247Sports late last week.
Anthony Mason spoke with Zach Braziller of the New York Post and said his son intends on taking multiple visits.
“We just want to go somewhere with a little bit more exposure, maybe play at a higher level,” Anthony Mason told the Post. “We have a lot to sit down and think about.”
Mason, the 6-foot-3 guard, averaged 25.6 points, 3.6 rebounds and 1.5 assists per game this past season for Niagara, which finished last in the MAAC a season after winning the regular season title.
- UPDATE: Texas loses starting point guard to left wrist injury, out 4-6 weeks 0
- Burning Questions: Who’s poised to surprise (or disappoint) people in the Big Ten? 1
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb 29
- Burning Questions: Who will be this year’s surprise freshman standout? 0
- After getting embarrassed by No. 1 Kentucky, where does No. 5 Kansas go from here? 3
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? 5
- No. 4 Duke proves No. 19 Michigan State cannot win at elite level if they keep missing on elite talent 3
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (29)
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? (5)
- No. 1 Kentucky survives Buffalo despite ugly effort offensively (4)
- Pregame Shootaround: No. 14 Iowa State needs to be on upset alert tonight (3)
- Miami upsets No. 8 Florida thanks to the Angel Rodriguez takeover (3)