May 25, 2014, 11:15 AM EST
Two of the top three scorers in college basketball this season were National Player of the Year Doug McDermott and ACC Player of the Year T.J. Warren.
Sandwiched in between the two projected first round picks was Niagara redshirt junior Antoine Mason. While McDermott and Warren are bound for the professional ranks, Mason, son of former NBA veteran Anthony Mason, is also on the move, announcing his transfer last Wednesday.
Mason, who will be eligible to play next season due to the graduate transfer rule, has quickly drawn interest from programs in the AAC, Big East, Big Ten, Big 12 and SEC.
“Cincinnati, Oklahoma State, Seton Hall, St. John’s, Providence, Auburn, Wake Forest, Maryland, Missouri, Texas A&M, and a few more have all reached out so far,” Mason told 247Sports late last week.
Anthony Mason spoke with Zach Braziller of the New York Post and said his son intends on taking multiple visits.
“We just want to go somewhere with a little bit more exposure, maybe play at a higher level,” Anthony Mason told the Post. “We have a lot to sit down and think about.”
Mason, the 6-foot-3 guard, averaged 25.6 points, 3.6 rebounds and 1.5 assists per game this past season for Niagara, which finished last in the MAAC a season after winning the regular season title.
- Weekend Preview: Saturday will be the season’s best day of games 0
- Bubble Banter: Just how safe is Michigan State, and did Ohio State punch a ticket? 2
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy 13
- Wednesday’s Snacks: No. 1 Kentucky moves to 28-0, Northwestern knocks off Indiana 0
- Duke’s defense once again an issue as they get taken to overtime by Virginia Tech 4
- Bubble Banter: Wild night in the Atlantic 10, Indiana in trouble? 0
- Wisconsin’s loss to Maryland a massive blow, but not for the reasons you think 4
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (13)
- Bill Self crushed, Jamari Traylor targeted during Kansas State court storm (VIDEO) (12)
- Roy Williams calls out North Carolina fans following win over Georgia Tech (11)
- Dez Wells, Melo Trimble lead No. 14 Maryland to upset of No. 5 Wisconsin (9)
- Is Ohio State asking too much of freshman sensation D’Angelo Russell? (8)