May 25, 2014, 11:15 AM EDT
Two of the top three scorers in college basketball this season were National Player of the Year Doug McDermott and ACC Player of the Year T.J. Warren.
Sandwiched in between the two projected first round picks was Niagara redshirt junior Antoine Mason. While McDermott and Warren are bound for the professional ranks, Mason, son of former NBA veteran Anthony Mason, is also on the move, announcing his transfer last Wednesday.
Mason, who will be eligible to play next season due to the graduate transfer rule, has quickly drawn interest from programs in the AAC, Big East, Big Ten, Big 12 and SEC.
“Cincinnati, Oklahoma State, Seton Hall, St. John’s, Providence, Auburn, Wake Forest, Maryland, Missouri, Texas A&M, and a few more have all reached out so far,” Mason told 247Sports late last week.
Anthony Mason spoke with Zach Braziller of the New York Post and said his son intends on taking multiple visits.
“We just want to go somewhere with a little bit more exposure, maybe play at a higher level,” Anthony Mason told the Post. “We have a lot to sit down and think about.”
Mason, the 6-foot-3 guard, averaged 25.6 points, 3.6 rebounds and 1.5 assists per game this past season for Niagara, which finished last in the MAAC a season after winning the regular season title.
- Las Vegas Friday Recap: Jaylen Brown, Kobi Simmons among standouts 0
- AAU Nationals Friday Recap: Event moves to Louisville, Bruce Brown plays well, Noah Dickerson updates recruitment 0
- College Basketball Talk’s Class of 2015 Draft 0
- Marcus Foster still hasn’t forgotten, or forgiven, those pulled scholarships 2
- Las Vegas Thursday Recap: Skal Labissiere, Stephen Zimmerman perform well 0
- Malik Beasley looking to capitalize on a big spring, summer 0
- Top 15 recruit Antonio Blakeney has made the ‘jump’ — literally — to elite status 2
- Mother of elite recruit Josh Jackson: ‘Josh hasn’t been recruited by anyone’ (5)
- Isaiah Austin has a job with the NBA once he finishes degree at Baylor (2)
- Missouri State’s Marcus Marshall works to strengthen knee, leadership abilities (2)
- Report: 2015 phenom Ben Simmons fully committed to attending LSU (2)
- Mixtape for Ben Simmons, who proves he’s 2015′s No. 1 player (VIDEO) (2)