May 25, 2014, 12:30 PM EST
West Virginia missed the NCAA tournament for the second straight year. The program’s offseason didn’t get much better when sophomore guards Eron Harris and Terry Henderson, the team’s second and third leading scorers, respectively, decided to transfer out of Morgantown.
Cincinnati, Maryland, N.C. State, Richmond, Rutgers, UCLA and Wake Forest are all still in the hunt for Henderson’s services, he told Jeff Ermann of 247Sports.com on Friday afternoon.
According to Jeff Goodman of ESPN.com, Henderson plans to visit Maryland, N.C. State, Wake Forest and UCLA.
“I felt like those are the schools that will complement the way I play,” Henderson told 247Sports. “I’ll be able to get on the floor and do what I do best.
“Most of them are near, and even though UCLA is on the other side of the the country, it’s a city, which is what I like.”
Even though he will have to sit out the 2014-2015 season due to NCAA transfer rules, Henderson will be a boost to each team’s back court. Teams like Rutgers and Richmond will graduate their top scorers after next season while programs like Maryland and UCLA have each lost underclassmen to either transfers or the NBA Draft.
Henderson averaged 11.7 points, 2.9 rebounds and 1.1 assists per game this past season as a sophomore for West Virginia.
- Weekly Awards: LaDontae Henton, West Virginia with notable performances 0
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25: Kentucky reigns, but how far will Kansas, Florida slide? 3
- Providence star LaDontae ‘Buckets’ Henton may be the nation’s most under-appreciated star 1
- West Virginia shows signs of progress in Puerto Rico Tipoff win over No. 17 UConn 1
- Quinn Cook is thriving as an off-guard, and No. 4 Duke will reap the benefits 0
- Rhode Island upsets No. 21 Nebraska, 66-62, in overtime 0
- Lauren Hill surprises teammates, fans with another layup in her second college game (VIDEO) 2
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (31)
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? (5)
- Pregame Shootaround: No. 14 Iowa State needs to be on upset alert tonight (3)
- Miami upsets No. 8 Florida thanks to the Angel Rodriguez takeover (3)
- Colorado’s second half run a product of its focus on getting the ball inside (3)