May 25, 2014, 12:30 PM EDT
West Virginia missed the NCAA tournament for the second straight year. The program’s offseason didn’t get much better when sophomore guards Eron Harris and Terry Henderson, the team’s second and third leading scorers, respectively, decided to transfer out of Morgantown.
Cincinnati, Maryland, N.C. State, Richmond, Rutgers, UCLA and Wake Forest are all still in the hunt for Henderson’s services, he told Jeff Ermann of 247Sports.com on Friday afternoon.
According to Jeff Goodman of ESPN.com, Henderson plans to visit Maryland, N.C. State, Wake Forest and UCLA.
“I felt like those are the schools that will complement the way I play,” Henderson told 247Sports. “I’ll be able to get on the floor and do what I do best.
“Most of them are near, and even though UCLA is on the other side of the the country, it’s a city, which is what I like.”
Even though he will have to sit out the 2014-2015 season due to NCAA transfer rules, Henderson will be a boost to each team’s back court. Teams like Rutgers and Richmond will graduate their top scorers after next season while programs like Maryland and UCLA have each lost underclassmen to either transfers or the NBA Draft.
Henderson averaged 11.7 points, 2.9 rebounds and 1.1 assists per game this past season as a sophomore for West Virginia.
- Kyle Wiltjer to return to Gonzaga for his senior season 0
- Utah’s Jakob Poeltl will return to school for his sophomore season 1
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List 14
- Former Kansas State guard transferring to Creighton 0
- Former Cornell forward Shonn Miller headed to UConn for final season of eligibility 0
- Purdue center A.J. Hammons to return for senior season 0
- Five-star 7-footer Stephen Zimmerman commits to UNLV 4
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List (14)
- Duke’s Tyus Jones becomes third Blue Devil to enter the NBA Draft (11)
- Five-star Kentucky commit believes the NCAA will clear him to play (10)
- Updated 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 (9)
- Duke freshman Justise Winslow will enter 2015 NBA Draft (8)