May 25, 2014, 3:45 PM EDT
In a big man-heavy Class of 2015, Callaway High (Mississippi) guard Malik Newman still holds the top spot, according to Rivals. The 6-foot-3 combo guard is known for his scoring ability, averaging 22.2 points per game for his Jackson Tigers in the Nike EYBL.
When you can score in a variety of ways, being able to do this is just an added bonus. Newman is behind halfcourt when he makes the pass, but by the time the shot clanks off the iron, he was there for the one-handed putback. The Jackson Tigers ended up winning, 71-61, over Expressions Elite. Newman scored 17 points, grabbed four rebounds and dished out four assists.
Newman’s putback slam is at the very end of the one-minute video, but there are plenty of highlights from highly-touted recruits leading up to Newman’s circus dunk.
- North Carolina athletic director Bubba Cunningham comments on Rashad McCants situation 1
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 0
- Former Michigan center discusses hasty departure for the NBA (VIDEO) 0
- Five-star 2015 center trims list to five 1
- College of Charleston coaching search takes another turn 0
- Rivals releases new rankings for the Class of 2015 0
- Will Bill Self and Kansas play small-ball this season? 2
- In his first day of recruiting, Bruce Pearl lands Auburn a four-star forward (4)
- DePaul’s Purnell loses fifth recruit that signed letter of intent (3)
- Former Ole Miss star Marshall Henderson getting pro tryout in Italy (2)
- Will Bill Self and Kansas play small-ball this season? (2)
- Report: Ex-Spartan forward headed to Ohio (1)