May 25, 2014, 3:45 PM EST
In a big man-heavy Class of 2015, Callaway High (Mississippi) guard Malik Newman still holds the top spot, according to Rivals. The 6-foot-3 combo guard is known for his scoring ability, averaging 22.2 points per game for his Jackson Tigers in the Nike EYBL.
When you can score in a variety of ways, being able to do this is just an added bonus. Newman is behind halfcourt when he makes the pass, but by the time the shot clanks off the iron, he was there for the one-handed putback. The Jackson Tigers ended up winning, 71-61, over Expressions Elite. Newman scored 17 points, grabbed four rebounds and dished out four assists.
Newman’s putback slam is at the very end of the one-minute video, but there are plenty of highlights from highly-touted recruits leading up to Newman’s circus dunk.
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb 25
- Burning Questions: Who will be this year’s surprise freshman standout? 0
- After getting embarrassed by No. 1 Kentucky, where does No. 5 Kansas go from here? 3
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? 5
- No. 4 Duke proves No. 19 Michigan State cannot win at elite level if they keep missing on elite talent 3
- Wofford’s grueling start to the season began well before their 7:00 a.m. game 0
- No. 13 Gonzaga makes definitive statement with blowout of No. 22 SMU 2
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (25)
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? (5)
- No. 1 Kentucky survives Buffalo despite ugly effort offensively (4)
- Pregame Shootaround: No. 14 Iowa State needs to be on upset alert tonight (3)
- Miami upsets No. 8 Florida thanks to the Angel Rodriguez takeover (3)