May 25, 2014, 3:45 PM EDT
In a big man-heavy Class of 2015, Callaway High (Mississippi) guard Malik Newman still holds the top spot, according to Rivals. The 6-foot-3 combo guard is known for his scoring ability, averaging 22.2 points per game for his Jackson Tigers in the Nike EYBL.
When you can score in a variety of ways, being able to do this is just an added bonus. Newman is behind halfcourt when he makes the pass, but by the time the shot clanks off the iron, he was there for the one-handed putback. The Jackson Tigers ended up winning, 71-61, over Expressions Elite. Newman scored 17 points, grabbed four rebounds and dished out four assists.
Newman’s putback slam is at the very end of the one-minute video, but there are plenty of highlights from highly-touted recruits leading up to Newman’s circus dunk.
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 11 Villanova Wildcats 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Kentucky’s loaded rotation leads nation’s best front courts 0
- Cameron Payne didn’t expect to fill Isaiah Canaan’s void at Murray State, but he did 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: The Top 20 Perimeter Attacks 1
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 12 Wichita State 1
- South Dakota State’s Cody Larson thrives despite return home amidst unmet expectations 2
- 2014-15 Season Preview: 20 Impact Freshmen 0
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes (7)
- Report: Texas plans to start paying their athletes $10,000 stipend (4)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (3)
- Maryland senior forward suffers sprained ankle (2)
- Texas A&M lands another five-star center, has loaded 2015 recruiting class (2)