May 25, 2014, 3:45 PM EDT
In a big man-heavy Class of 2015, Callaway High (Mississippi) guard Malik Newman still holds the top spot, according to Rivals. The 6-foot-3 combo guard is known for his scoring ability, averaging 22.2 points per game for his Jackson Tigers in the Nike EYBL.
When you can score in a variety of ways, being able to do this is just an added bonus. Newman is behind halfcourt when he makes the pass, but by the time the shot clanks off the iron, he was there for the one-handed putback. The Jackson Tigers ended up winning, 71-61, over Expressions Elite. Newman scored 17 points, grabbed four rebounds and dished out four assists.
Newman’s putback slam is at the very end of the one-minute video, but there are plenty of highlights from highly-touted recruits leading up to Newman’s circus dunk.
- College Basketball Talk’s Class of 2015 Draft 0
- Marcus Foster still hasn’t forgotten, or forgiven, those pulled scholarships 2
- Las Vegas Thursday Recap: Skal Labissiere, Stephen Zimmerman perform well 0
- Malik Beasley looking to capitalize on a big spring, summer 0
- Top 15 recruit Antonio Blakeney has made the ‘jump’ — literally — to elite status 2
- July Live Period Week Two Superlatives 0
- Seven Takeaways from the Under Armour Finals 0
- Mother of elite recruit Josh Jackson: ‘Josh hasn’t been recruited by anyone’ (5)
- Isaiah Austin has a job with the NBA once he finishes degree at Baylor (2)
- Missouri State’s Marcus Marshall works to strengthen knee, leadership abilities (2)
- Report: 2015 phenom Ben Simmons fully committed to attending LSU (2)
- Mixtape for Ben Simmons, who proves he’s 2015′s No. 1 player (VIDEO) (2)