May 25, 2014, 3:45 PM EDT
In a big man-heavy Class of 2015, Callaway High (Mississippi) guard Malik Newman still holds the top spot, according to Rivals. The 6-foot-3 combo guard is known for his scoring ability, averaging 22.2 points per game for his Jackson Tigers in the Nike EYBL.
When you can score in a variety of ways, being able to do this is just an added bonus. Newman is behind halfcourt when he makes the pass, but by the time the shot clanks off the iron, he was there for the one-handed putback. The Jackson Tigers ended up winning, 71-61, over Expressions Elite. Newman scored 17 points, grabbed four rebounds and dished out four assists.
Newman’s putback slam is at the very end of the one-minute video, but there are plenty of highlights from highly-touted recruits leading up to Newman’s circus dunk.
- Wake Forest lands four-star point guard in Class of 2015 0
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Boston College, Illinois, LSU have big visitors 0
- Kentucky’s John Calipari offers his thoughts on USA Basketball critiques 0
- Coach K responds to USA Basketball criticism during press conference 2
- A key piece for Providence is cleared for full-contact practice 0
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ 8
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan 5
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ (8)
- Big Blue Nation already camping out for Big Blue Madness? (PHOTO) (5)
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan (5)
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ (4)
- Bo Ryan hits golf balls into Wisconsin’s Camp Randall Stadium (PHOTO) (4)