May 27, 2014, 11:00 PM EDT
Moeller High (Ohio) center Nate Fowler became the first Butler commit in its Class of 2015, pledging to the Bulldogs on Tuesday night. Evan Daniels of Scout reported the commitment via Twitter.
Dayton, West Virginia, Miami and most recently Dayton had all offered the 6-foot-10 Fowler.
This spring Fowler appeared in six games on the Nike EYBL circuit with King James Shooting Stars, averaging 4.0 points and 2.8 rebounds in 13.5 minutes per game. He was part of a team that included Ohio State commit A.J. Harris and future Duke Blue Devil Luke Kennard.
The Cincinnati native could provide a boost to the Butler frontline with his size and aggressiveness in the paint. He averaged a double-double this past season at Moeller. While he’s the first commit in the Class of 2015, he’ll join transfers Tyler Lewis (N.C. State) and Austin Etherington (Indiana), who will be eligible for the 2015-2016 season after sitting out the upcoming year, per NCAA transfer rules. Lewis and Etherington will each have two years remaining.
- 2014-15 Season Preview: College Basketball Dream Team 0
- VCU’s Treveon Graham: From lightly recruited to leader of Havoc, the Atlantic 10 favorites 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 7 North Carolina Tar Heels 1
- Dayton’s Elite 8 run, Archie Miller’s decision to stay help continue Atlantic 10’s success 1
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Jahlil Okafor, Frank Kaminsky lead a strong crop of big men 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Toledo looks to end a 35-year NCAA Tournament drought and rep the MAC 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 8 Texas Longhorns 1
- Five-star 2015 power forward down to five schools (2)
- Roy Williams says he was ‘dumbfounded’ following Kenneth Wainstein’s report (VIDEO) (2)
- Hawaii considering its options regarding NCAA investigation of basketball program (2)
- VCU’s band ‘The Peppas’ will be doing Haka War Chants this year (VIDEO) (2)
- Mark Emmert calls UNC scandal ‘troubling’, ‘disturbing’, ‘shocking’ (2)