May 27, 2014, 11:00 PM EDT
Moeller High (Ohio) center Nate Fowler became the first Butler commit in its Class of 2015, pledging to the Bulldogs on Tuesday night. Evan Daniels of Scout reported the commitment via Twitter.
Dayton, West Virginia, Miami and most recently Dayton had all offered the 6-foot-10 Fowler.
This spring Fowler appeared in six games on the Nike EYBL circuit with King James Shooting Stars, averaging 4.0 points and 2.8 rebounds in 13.5 minutes per game. He was part of a team that included Ohio State commit A.J. Harris and future Duke Blue Devil Luke Kennard.
The Cincinnati native could provide a boost to the Butler frontline with his size and aggressiveness in the paint. He averaged a double-double this past season at Moeller. While he’s the first commit in the Class of 2015, he’ll join transfers Tyler Lewis (N.C. State) and Austin Etherington (Indiana), who will be eligible for the 2015-2016 season after sitting out the upcoming year, per NCAA transfer rules. Lewis and Etherington will each have two years remaining.
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 13 VCU Rams 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 14 Florida Gators 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) 2
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Washington’s big Monday, Maryland’s insurance, Two 2016 guards off board 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 15 Oklahoma Sooners 1
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Which new coaching hires will succeed? 0
- No longer supplementary pieces, two Texans will lead the way at Weber State 0
- Big Ten writers release media poll, Wisconsin sits atop the league (6)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (2)
- First Preseason Top 25 poll is out, Kentucky sits at No. 1 (2)
- Maryland senior forward suffers sprained ankle (2)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Mid-Major Power Rankings (1)