May 27, 2014, 11:00 PM EDT
Moeller High (Ohio) center Nate Fowler became the first Butler commit in its Class of 2015, pledging to the Bulldogs on Tuesday night. Evan Daniels of Scout reported the commitment via Twitter.
Dayton, West Virginia, Miami and most recently Dayton had all offered the 6-foot-10 Fowler.
This spring Fowler appeared in six games on the Nike EYBL circuit with King James Shooting Stars, averaging 4.0 points and 2.8 rebounds in 13.5 minutes per game. He was part of a team that included Ohio State commit A.J. Harris and future Duke Blue Devil Luke Kennard.
The Cincinnati native could provide a boost to the Butler frontline with his size and aggressiveness in the paint. He averaged a double-double this past season at Moeller. While he’s the first commit in the Class of 2015, he’ll join transfers Tyler Lewis (N.C. State) and Austin Etherington (Indiana), who will be eligible for the 2015-2016 season after sitting out the upcoming year, per NCAA transfer rules. Lewis and Etherington will each have two years remaining.
- Report: Yogi Ferrell to return to Indiana for senior season 0
- Texas point guard Isaiah Taylor returning for junior season 1
- EYBL Day 1: Jayson Tatum vs. Michael Porter Jr.; De’Aaron Fox, Jarred Vanderbilt go for big outings 0
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List 14
- Providence announces return of point guard Kris Dunn for 2015-16 season 0
- Five-star guard Malik Newman commits to Mississippi State 0
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too-Early Preseason Rankings 0
- Duke lands commitment from elite PG Derryck Thornton, who will reclass (18)
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List (14)
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 (9)
- Louisville adds key grad transfer Damion Lee (6)
- All-MAC guard Shannon Evans to transfer from Buffalo; is athletics director Danny White at fault? (3)