May 27, 2014, 9:55 PM EST
Almost two months after being cited for marijuana possession in Louisville, former Cardinals forward Chane Behanan had that citation dismissed, according to a report from Jeff Greer of the Courier-Journal.
Back on April 2, Behanan was cited with marijuana possession at a traffic stop in Louisville. It was the latest incident in a tumultuous season for the 6-foot-7 forward. He was suspended indefinitely from the team in October, earned his way back, only to be dismissed after appearing in only 12 games as a junior.
“It was a humbling experience,” he told the Courier-Journal.
In January, Behanan elected to transfer to Colorado State. That commitment was brief, as he declared for the 2014 NBA Draft in late-April. He’s projected to go undrafted, though, he has workouts lined up with the Minnesota Timberwolves and the Philadelphia 76ers. Behanan has recently finished a stint in Houston at John Lucas’ rehabilitation and training program.
Behanan averaged 9.8 points and 6.5 rebounds as a sophomore, helping Louisville claim the 2013 National Title.
- Chase for 180: So far, so good for Virginia’s Justin Anderson 0
- New Year’s Resolutions: Kansas Jayhawks 0
- Wichita State’s offensive struggles highlighted by come-from-behind win vs. Alabama 1
- Michigan State’s efficient three-point shooting is key for 2014-15 success 0
- No. 11 Wichita State rallies from 11 down to beat Alabama thanks to Van Vleet (VIDEO) 0
- The Ten Most Important Midseason Additions 0
- Player of the Year Power Rankings: New faces are popping up in our top ten 0
- Dana Altman says Oregon’s hands up, don’t shoot protest not ‘appropriate time’ (20)
- Georgetown discusses becoming first college basketball team to wear ‘I Can’t Breathe’ T-shirts (PHOTO) (9)
- Gregg Marshall writes to Wichita State students after seeing empty seats in student section (PHOTO) (7)
- Report: David Robinson’s son will be preferred walk-on at Duke in 2015-16 (VIDEO) (5)
- Self says No. 10 Kansas is ‘not good right now’, and that should scare you (4)