May 27, 2014, 9:55 PM EDT
Almost two months after being cited for marijuana possession in Louisville, former Cardinals forward Chane Behanan had that citation dismissed, according to a report from Jeff Greer of the Courier-Journal.
Back on April 2, Behanan was cited with marijuana possession at a traffic stop in Louisville. It was the latest incident in a tumultuous season for the 6-foot-7 forward. He was suspended indefinitely from the team in October, earned his way back, only to be dismissed after appearing in only 12 games as a junior.
“It was a humbling experience,” he told the Courier-Journal.
In January, Behanan elected to transfer to Colorado State. That commitment was brief, as he declared for the 2014 NBA Draft in late-April. He’s projected to go undrafted, though, he has workouts lined up with the Minnesota Timberwolves and the Philadelphia 76ers. Behanan has recently finished a stint in Houston at John Lucas’ rehabilitation and training program.
Behanan averaged 9.8 points and 6.5 rebounds as a sophomore, helping Louisville claim the 2013 National Title.
- July Live Period Week Three Superlatives 0
- Skal Labissiere is considering Europe, but that doesn’t mean there’s a market for him 0
- AAU Nationals Saturday Recap: Raymond Spalding has upside, Trent Forrest and Gary Trent, Jr. perform at a high level 0
- Las Vegas Friday Recap: Jaylen Brown, Kobi Simmons among standouts 0
- AAU Nationals Friday Recap: Event moves to Louisville, Bruce Brown plays well, Noah Dickerson updates recruitment 0
- College Basketball Talk’s Class of 2015 Draft 0
- Marcus Foster still hasn’t forgotten, or forgiven, those pulled scholarships 3
- Mother of elite recruit Josh Jackson: ‘Josh hasn’t been recruited by anyone’ (5)
- Marcus Foster still hasn’t forgotten, or forgiven, those pulled scholarships (3)
- Two surprises after first cuts at Team USA U17 trials (3)
- Isaiah Austin has a job with the NBA once he finishes degree at Baylor (2)
- Mixtape for Ben Simmons, who proves he’s 2015′s No. 1 player (VIDEO) (2)