May 27, 2014, 9:55 PM EST
Almost two months after being cited for marijuana possession in Louisville, former Cardinals forward Chane Behanan had that citation dismissed, according to a report from Jeff Greer of the Courier-Journal.
Back on April 2, Behanan was cited with marijuana possession at a traffic stop in Louisville. It was the latest incident in a tumultuous season for the 6-foot-7 forward. He was suspended indefinitely from the team in October, earned his way back, only to be dismissed after appearing in only 12 games as a junior.
“It was a humbling experience,” he told the Courier-Journal.
In January, Behanan elected to transfer to Colorado State. That commitment was brief, as he declared for the 2014 NBA Draft in late-April. He’s projected to go undrafted, though, he has workouts lined up with the Minnesota Timberwolves and the Philadelphia 76ers. Behanan has recently finished a stint in Houston at John Lucas’ rehabilitation and training program.
Behanan averaged 9.8 points and 6.5 rebounds as a sophomore, helping Louisville claim the 2013 National Title.
- Duke dismisses reserve shooting guard from program 12
- Chase for 180: Already a good shooter, Tyler Harvey’s been even better in 2014-15 0
- Film Session: The case for Jerian Grant as National Player of the Year 1
- Jerian Grant, No. 8 Notre Dame erase another double-digit deficit as they beat No. 4 Duke 7
- Late Night Snacks: No. 8 Notre Dame outlasts No. 4 Duke in a thriller 2
- 2015 McDonald’s All-American rosters announced 2
- Player of the Year Power Rankings: It’s essentially a two-man race at this point 3
- Duke dismisses reserve shooting guard from program (12)
- Jerian Grant, No. 8 Notre Dame erase another double-digit deficit as they beat No. 4 Duke (7)
- Coach K earns career win No. 1,000 in No. 5 Duke’s win over St. John’s (4)
- Kentucky lands commitment from international Class of 2016 big man (4)
- Wichita State guard Conner Frankamp arrested on Saturday night (4)