May 27, 2014, 9:55 PM EST
Almost two months after being cited for marijuana possession in Louisville, former Cardinals forward Chane Behanan had that citation dismissed, according to a report from Jeff Greer of the Courier-Journal.
Back on April 2, Behanan was cited with marijuana possession at a traffic stop in Louisville. It was the latest incident in a tumultuous season for the 6-foot-7 forward. He was suspended indefinitely from the team in October, earned his way back, only to be dismissed after appearing in only 12 games as a junior.
“It was a humbling experience,” he told the Courier-Journal.
In January, Behanan elected to transfer to Colorado State. That commitment was brief, as he declared for the 2014 NBA Draft in late-April. He’s projected to go undrafted, though, he has workouts lined up with the Minnesota Timberwolves and the Philadelphia 76ers. Behanan has recently finished a stint in Houston at John Lucas’ rehabilitation and training program.
Behanan averaged 9.8 points and 6.5 rebounds as a sophomore, helping Louisville claim the 2013 National Title.
- Right wrist injury to sideline Maryland senior wing four weeks 0
- Bronson Koenig, Duje Dukan step forward in No. 2 Wisconsin’s win over Georgetown 0
- St. John’s seniors say they ‘grew up’ against Minnesota, but have they? 1
- The little things made a big difference in No. 3 Arizona’s win over No. 15 San Diego State 0
- Butler upsets No. 5 North Carolina in Battle 4 Atlantis opener 2
- If No. 12 Villanova doesn’t have a star on their roster, no one told JayVaughn Pinkston 0
- JayVaughn Pinkston’s block gives No. 12 Villanova a win over No. 19 Michigan (VIDEO) 2
- Villanova’s win is evidence of why VCU may have peaked as a basketball program (14)
- Rick Pitino on blow out win: ‘We played four white guys and an Egyptian’ (14)
- Michigan’s John Beilein rips ESPN for late tip time during Tuesday’s loss (13)
- Penn State unveils new uniforms for next two games (6)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25: Kentucky reigns, but how far will Kansas, Florida slide? (5)