May 27, 2014, 6:30 PM EDT
Our Savior New American 2015 power forward Cheick Diallo is a consensus top 10 player in his class, rated No. 8 overall by Rivals. With offers from Arizona, Kansas, Kentucky, Ohio State, St. John’s, Syracuse and Louisville, he’s one of the more coveted recruits on the grassroots circuit this spring.
The 6-foot-9 Diallo will be talked about even more moving forward, as he has helped lead the Team Scan Cardinals (New York), of the Nike EYBL, into July’s Peach Jam. Through four sessions, Diallo is averaging a team-high 18.6 points and 10.9 rebounds per game for Team Scan (11-5). He is also blocking 2.6 shots a contest.
The Peach Jam is July 16-20 in North Augusta, South Carolina.
- There’s only one way the NCAA gets UNC investigation wrong: a 2016 postseason ban 33
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer 6
- North Carolina announces receipt of Notice of Allegations from NCAA 3
- LSU’s ’25 is coming’ campaign doesn’t try to hide that they’re monetizing Ben Simmons 2
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the American’s offseason 1
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue 8
- Friday’s most important rule changes only matter if refs actually enforce them 2
- There’s only one way the NCAA gets UNC investigation wrong: a 2016 postseason ban (36)
- Four men’s teams banned from 2016 postseason due to APR scores (10)
- Sports book lists Maryland as early favorite to win national title (9)
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer (6)
- John Calipari is selling his program when he says national title isn’t a goal (5)