May 27, 2014, 6:30 PM EDT
Our Savior New American 2015 power forward Cheick Diallo is a consensus top 10 player in his class, rated No. 8 overall by Rivals. With offers from Arizona, Kansas, Kentucky, Ohio State, St. John’s, Syracuse and Louisville, he’s one of the more coveted recruits on the grassroots circuit this spring.
The 6-foot-9 Diallo will be talked about even more moving forward, as he has helped lead the Team Scan Cardinals (New York), of the Nike EYBL, into July’s Peach Jam. Through four sessions, Diallo is averaging a team-high 18.6 points and 10.9 rebounds per game for Team Scan (11-5). He is also blocking 2.6 shots a contest.
The Peach Jam is July 16-20 in North Augusta, South Carolina.
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Rivals Iona, Manhattan have company in race to the top of the MAAC 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 11 Villanova Wildcats 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Kentucky’s loaded rotation leads nation’s best front courts 0
- Cameron Payne didn’t expect to fill Isaiah Canaan’s void at Murray State, but he did 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: The Top 20 Perimeter Attacks 1
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 12 Wichita State 1
- South Dakota State’s Cody Larson thrives despite return home amidst unmet expectations 2
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes (7)
- Report: Texas plans to start paying their athletes $10,000 stipend (4)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (3)
- Maryland senior forward suffers sprained ankle (2)
- Texas A&M lands another five-star center, has loaded 2015 recruiting class (2)