May 27, 2014, 3:05 PM EDT
After moving away from the true semifinal/final format due to the fact that participants UCLA and Missouri were already due to play a game during the regular season (won by Missouri), the Las Vegas Invitational will return to the traditional format this coming November.
According to a report from Jon Rothstein of CBS Sports, Indiana State will face Illinois in one semifinal with Memphis and Baylor meeting in the other. Those games will be played on November 27, with the championship and third-place games being played November 28.
Each of these four teams will host two non-bracket games as part of the Las Vegas Invitational prior to the semifinal round.
Of the four teams it was Baylor who went furthest in the postseason, reaching the Sweet 16 where they lost to eventual Final Four participant Wisconsin. Memphis won an NCAA tournament game before falling to Virginia in the Round of 32, with Indiana State and Illinois both playing in the Postseason NIT.
- Five-star 2015 forward cuts his list to five schools 0
- Top talent in 2016 announces a top ten 2
- North Carolina athletic director Bubba Cunningham comments on Rashad McCants situation 1
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 0
- Former Michigan center discusses hasty departure for the NBA (VIDEO) 0
- Five-star 2015 center trims list to five 1
- College of Charleston coaching search takes another turn 0