May 27, 2014, 3:05 PM EST
After moving away from the true semifinal/final format due to the fact that participants UCLA and Missouri were already due to play a game during the regular season (won by Missouri), the Las Vegas Invitational will return to the traditional format this coming November.
According to a report from Jon Rothstein of CBS Sports, Indiana State will face Illinois in one semifinal with Memphis and Baylor meeting in the other. Those games will be played on November 27, with the championship and third-place games being played November 28.
Each of these four teams will host two non-bracket games as part of the Las Vegas Invitational prior to the semifinal round.
Of the four teams it was Baylor who went furthest in the postseason, reaching the Sweet 16 where they lost to eventual Final Four participant Wisconsin. Memphis won an NCAA tournament game before falling to Virginia in the Round of 32, with Indiana State and Illinois both playing in the Postseason NIT.
- Michigan State starting forward to miss next two games with non-displaced wrist fracture 0
- Film Session: What’s plaguing Marcus Paige? 1
- Throwback Thursday: UConn ‘Shocks The World’ against Duke (VIDEO) 1
- New Year’s Resolutions: Virginia Cavaliers 1
- Chase for 180: So far, so good for Virginia’s Justin Anderson 0
- New Year’s Resolutions: Kansas Jayhawks 1
- Wichita State’s offensive struggles highlighted by come-from-behind win vs. Alabama 2
- Gregg Marshall writes to Wichita State students after seeing empty seats in student section (PHOTO) (7)
- Report: David Robinson’s son will be preferred walk-on at Duke in 2015-16 (VIDEO) (6)
- West Virginia’s Bob Huggins torches Marshall after coach calls Huggs ‘afraid’ (5)
- Without Alex Poythress, No. 1 Kentucky’s offense looks comfortable in win over No. 21 North Carolina (4)
- Lauren Hill’s playing career over, to become honorary coach (4)