May 27, 2014, 3:05 PM EDT
After moving away from the true semifinal/final format due to the fact that participants UCLA and Missouri were already due to play a game during the regular season (won by Missouri), the Las Vegas Invitational will return to the traditional format this coming November.
According to a report from Jon Rothstein of CBS Sports, Indiana State will face Illinois in one semifinal with Memphis and Baylor meeting in the other. Those games will be played on November 27, with the championship and third-place games being played November 28.
Each of these four teams will host two non-bracket games as part of the Las Vegas Invitational prior to the semifinal round.
Of the four teams it was Baylor who went furthest in the postseason, reaching the Sweet 16 where they lost to eventual Final Four participant Wisconsin. Memphis won an NCAA tournament game before falling to Virginia in the Round of 32, with Indiana State and Illinois both playing in the Postseason NIT.
- Wisconsin’s Bo Ryan makes another statement wavering on potential retirement 0
- Cody Zeller, Indiana president speak out against recent athlete legal issues 0
- Five-star 2016 combo guard cuts list to four 0
- Xavier, Mount St. Joseph to launch the ‘Lauren Hill Tip-Off Classic’ 0
- Tai Wynyard: ‘I will be coming to UK in December’ 0
- Tom Izzo, 30 second shot clocks, and why zone presses will be more popular this year 1
- Kentucky lands a commitment from four-star 2016 forward 0
- Blue Ribbon announces their preseason all-american team (3)
- Syracuse legend to undergo surgery on a brain tumor this week (2)
- Wake Forest dismissed senior point guard for rules violation (1)
- Is Louisville’s non-conference schedule weak by design? (1)
- 10 year old Ohio State fan worried heart surgery would make him love Michigan (1)