May 27, 2014, 7:10 PM EDT
SEC commissioner Mike Slive announced two future locations for the SEC Tournament on Tuesday evening.
In 2018, it will be played in St. Louis, with Missouri, a university that joined the conference in 2012, as the host. In 2022, the tournament will shift to Tampa.
“Congratulations to St. Louis, the St. Louis Sports Commission and the great basketball fans in the city and our state for earning the right to host the 2018 Southeastern Conference Basketball Tournament,” first-year Missouir head coach Kim Anderson said in a statement issued by the school. “It’s an honor to have the SEC Tournament hosted in our state’s footprint for the first time and I know fans from throughout our league will be treated to a first-class experience and a great week of college basketball.”
The 2013 SEC Tournament was played in Nashville before heading back to Atlanta this past season. Nashville will host the SEC Tournament for all other years until 2025.
- USA U19 team wins in overtime of gold-medal game over Croatia at FIBA World Championships 0
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players in the Class of 2008? 1
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players in the Class of 2007? 1
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2006? 0
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2005? 1
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2004? 2
- Bo Ryan to retire from Wisconsin after next season 4