May 28, 2014, 1:15 PM EST
Notre Dame senior guard Jerian Grant has been readmitted to the university on Wednesday afternoon.
A statement, issued by the sports information department stated, “The University recently granted readmission to a group of individuals, and that group included student-athletes Jerian Grant and [wide receiver] DaVaris Daniel. Both will return to Notre Dame beginning with summer school next month.”
Grant missed the final 20 games of the 2013-2014 season due to an academic issue. On Dec. 22, he announced that he was no longer enrolled at the university.
“It is with regret and sorrow that I inform you that I am no longer enrolled at the University of Notre Dame due to an academic matter that I did not handle properly,” Grant said in a written statement at the time. “As a result, I am no longer part of the basketball program and will not be on the court competing with my teammates for the remainder of the 2013-14 season.
“I take full responsibility for my lack of good judgment and the poor decision that I made. I have no one to blame but myself for the situation. I know and understand the expectations that go with being a student at Notre Dame and I did not live up to those standards.”
In 12 games, Grant was averaging 19.0 points, 6.2 assists and 2.1 rebounds per game for Notre Dame, though, the Fighting Irish had stumbled through the first month and a half of the season. Notre Dame missed the NCAA tournament for the first time since 2009 with a 13th-place finish in the ACC standings with a 15-17 (6-12 ACC) record.
- Butler upsets No. 5 North Carolina in Battle 4 Atlantis opener 1
- If No. 12 Villanova doesn’t have a star on their roster, no one told JayVaughn Pinkston 0
- JayVaughn Pinkston’s block gives No. 12 Villanova a win over No. 19 Michigan (VIDEO) 2
- Maryland upsets No. 13 Iowa State as fearless freshmen mix with gritty veterans for balanced effort 3
- Rondae Hollis-Jefferson’s selflessness during the Maui Invitational will help No. 3 Arizona in the long run 0
- Player of the Year Power Rankings: A familiar face on top, but a few surprises behind him 0
- Ricky Doyle secures 70-63 win for No. 19 Michigan over Oregon in Legends Classic 0
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (31)
- Villanova’s win is evidence of why VCU may have peaked as a basketball program (14)
- Michigan’s John Beilein rips ESPN for late tip time during Tuesday’s loss (10)
- Rick Pitino on blow out win: ‘We played four white guys and an Egyptian’ (8)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25: Kentucky reigns, but how far will Kansas, Florida slide? (5)