May 28, 2014, 1:15 PM EST
Notre Dame senior guard Jerian Grant has been readmitted to the university on Wednesday afternoon.
A statement, issued by the sports information department stated, “The University recently granted readmission to a group of individuals, and that group included student-athletes Jerian Grant and [wide receiver] DaVaris Daniel. Both will return to Notre Dame beginning with summer school next month.”
Grant missed the final 20 games of the 2013-2014 season due to an academic issue. On Dec. 22, he announced that he was no longer enrolled at the university.
“It is with regret and sorrow that I inform you that I am no longer enrolled at the University of Notre Dame due to an academic matter that I did not handle properly,” Grant said in a written statement at the time. “As a result, I am no longer part of the basketball program and will not be on the court competing with my teammates for the remainder of the 2013-14 season.
“I take full responsibility for my lack of good judgment and the poor decision that I made. I have no one to blame but myself for the situation. I know and understand the expectations that go with being a student at Notre Dame and I did not live up to those standards.”
In 12 games, Grant was averaging 19.0 points, 6.2 assists and 2.1 rebounds per game for Notre Dame, though, the Fighting Irish had stumbled through the first month and a half of the season. Notre Dame missed the NCAA tournament for the first time since 2009 with a 13th-place finish in the ACC standings with a 15-17 (6-12 ACC) record.
- Auburn coach Bruce Pearl greeted with cheers during first return to Tennessee (VIDEO) 0
- Rick Pitino on Terry Rozier’s impending NBA Draft decision: ‘He’s not coming back’ 0
- Weekend Preview: Duke-Virginia, an MVC showdown and UNC-Louisville 2
- Duke dismisses reserve shooting guard from program 13
- Chase for 180: Already a good shooter, Tyler Harvey’s been even better in 2014-15 0
- Film Session: The case for Jerian Grant as National Player of the Year 1
- Jerian Grant, No. 8 Notre Dame erase another double-digit deficit as they beat No. 4 Duke 7
- Duke dismisses reserve shooting guard from program (13)
- Bill Self on the loss of Kansas-Missouri rivalry: ‘It hasn’t been great’ (8)
- Jerian Grant, No. 8 Notre Dame erase another double-digit deficit as they beat No. 4 Duke (7)
- Coach K earns career win No. 1,000 in No. 5 Duke’s win over St. John’s (4)
- Kentucky lands commitment from international Class of 2016 big man (4)