May 28, 2014, 1:15 PM EDT
Notre Dame senior guard Jerian Grant has been readmitted to the university on Wednesday afternoon.
A statement, issued by the sports information department stated, “The University recently granted readmission to a group of individuals, and that group included student-athletes Jerian Grant and [wide receiver] DaVaris Daniel. Both will return to Notre Dame beginning with summer school next month.”
Grant missed the final 20 games of the 2013-2014 season due to an academic issue. On Dec. 22, he announced that he was no longer enrolled at the university.
“It is with regret and sorrow that I inform you that I am no longer enrolled at the University of Notre Dame due to an academic matter that I did not handle properly,” Grant said in a written statement at the time. “As a result, I am no longer part of the basketball program and will not be on the court competing with my teammates for the remainder of the 2013-14 season.
“I take full responsibility for my lack of good judgment and the poor decision that I made. I have no one to blame but myself for the situation. I know and understand the expectations that go with being a student at Notre Dame and I did not live up to those standards.”
In 12 games, Grant was averaging 19.0 points, 6.2 assists and 2.1 rebounds per game for Notre Dame, though, the Fighting Irish had stumbled through the first month and a half of the season. Notre Dame missed the NCAA tournament for the first time since 2009 with a 13th-place finish in the ACC standings with a 15-17 (6-12 ACC) record.
- Tradition of success through change raises expectations at Xavier 1
- Sweet 16 Preview: The top 16 players left in the tournament 10
- Sweet 16 Preview: The x-factor in each game this week 1
- Ranking the Sweet 16 matchups 8
- Kentucky’s John Calipari is the National Coach of the Year, and it’s not close 36
- Sweet 16 Power Rankings: Reseeding the NCAA tournament field 15
- Ben Howland to become the next Mississippi State head coach 6
- Kentucky’s John Calipari is the National Coach of the Year, and it’s not close (36)
- You Make The Call: Did No. 11 UCLA beat No. 6 SMU on a goaltend or a blown call? (VIDEO) (32)
- Updated tournament records: Five ACC, three Pac-12 teams headed to Sweet 16 (22)
- Reports: Indiana coach Tom Crean said ‘you suck’ to referee after loss to Wichita State (19)
- West Virginia freshman on Kentucky: ‘They’re going to be 36-1′ (19)