May 28, 2014, 1:15 PM EDT
Notre Dame senior guard Jerian Grant has been readmitted to the university on Wednesday afternoon.
A statement, issued by the sports information department stated, “The University recently granted readmission to a group of individuals, and that group included student-athletes Jerian Grant and [wide receiver] DaVaris Daniel. Both will return to Notre Dame beginning with summer school next month.”
Grant missed the final 20 games of the 2013-2014 season due to an academic issue. On Dec. 22, he announced that he was no longer enrolled at the university.
“It is with regret and sorrow that I inform you that I am no longer enrolled at the University of Notre Dame due to an academic matter that I did not handle properly,” Grant said in a written statement at the time. “As a result, I am no longer part of the basketball program and will not be on the court competing with my teammates for the remainder of the 2013-14 season.
“I take full responsibility for my lack of good judgment and the poor decision that I made. I have no one to blame but myself for the situation. I know and understand the expectations that go with being a student at Notre Dame and I did not live up to those standards.”
In 12 games, Grant was averaging 19.0 points, 6.2 assists and 2.1 rebounds per game for Notre Dame, though, the Fighting Irish had stumbled through the first month and a half of the season. Notre Dame missed the NCAA tournament for the first time since 2009 with a 13th-place finish in the ACC standings with a 15-17 (6-12 ACC) record.
- Report: SMU’s Larry Brown up against ‘lack of coach control’ charge 0
- If the NCAA is correct, Donnie Tyndall is in big, big trouble 2
- Former Memphis forward Austin Nichols transferring to Virginia 3
- Saturday Las Vegas Recap: Zach Norvell goes off, Josh Jackson makes it look easy 0
- Thursday Las Vegas Recap: Dennis Smith and Frank Jackson battle; Lonzo Ball quiets critics; Wendell Carter talks visit 0
- Wednesday Las Vegas Recap: Dennis Smith vs Lonzo Ball; Frank Jackson faces Kobi Simmons 0
- Kentucky-commit Jamal Murray scores 20 to headline Wednesday’s Pan-Am Games 0
- Nik Stauskas trolls Ohio State fans, claims Thad Matta didn’t know who he was (PHOTO) (6)
- Is adidas giving their basketball programs throwback jerseys? (PHOTOS) (3)
- 7-foot-6 UCF center Tacko Fall throws down between the legs dunk (VIDEO) (3)
- United States wins bronze at Pan-Am Games (3)
- Former Memphis forward Austin Nichols transferring to Virginia (3)