May 28, 2014, 1:15 PM EDT
Notre Dame senior guard Jerian Grant has been readmitted to the university on Wednesday afternoon.
A statement, issued by the sports information department stated, “The University recently granted readmission to a group of individuals, and that group included student-athletes Jerian Grant and [wide receiver] DaVaris Daniel. Both will return to Notre Dame beginning with summer school next month.”
Grant missed the final 20 games of the 2013-2014 season due to an academic issue. On Dec. 22, he announced that he was no longer enrolled at the university.
“It is with regret and sorrow that I inform you that I am no longer enrolled at the University of Notre Dame due to an academic matter that I did not handle properly,” Grant said in a written statement at the time. “As a result, I am no longer part of the basketball program and will not be on the court competing with my teammates for the remainder of the 2013-14 season.
“I take full responsibility for my lack of good judgment and the poor decision that I made. I have no one to blame but myself for the situation. I know and understand the expectations that go with being a student at Notre Dame and I did not live up to those standards.”
In 12 games, Grant was averaging 19.0 points, 6.2 assists and 2.1 rebounds per game for Notre Dame, though, the Fighting Irish had stumbled through the first month and a half of the season. Notre Dame missed the NCAA tournament for the first time since 2009 with a 13th-place finish in the ACC standings with a 15-17 (6-12 ACC) record.
- Malik Beasley looking to capitalize on a big spring, summer 0
- Top 15 recruit Antonio Blakeney has made the ‘jump’ — literally — to elite status 2
- July Live Period Week Two Superlatives 0
- Seven Takeaways from the Under Armour Finals 0
- Iowa State’s Georges Niang carries extra motivation – and less weight – into 2014-15 0
- Emmanuel Mudiay to China makes him even more of a case-study 0
- Four-star Class of 2016 guard Bruce Brown gave up football to focus on basketball 0
- Mother of elite recruit Josh Jackson: ‘Josh hasn’t been recruited by anyone’ (4)
- Chris Walker looks like he’s spent some time in the gym (PHOTO) (3)
- NCAA gets rid of name-likeness release form for student-athletes (3)
- Isaiah Austin has a job with the NBA once he finishes degree at Baylor (2)
- Missouri State’s Marcus Marshall works to strengthen knee, leadership abilities (2)