May 28, 2014, 10:30 AM EST
The Playaz Basketball Club (New Jersey) capped off a terrific spring on the grassroots circuit on Memorial Day Weekend. With a division-best 13-3 record in the Nike EYBL, the Playaz have secured a spot in July’s Peach Jam.
One of the key contributors to the Playaz success is 6-foot-3 guard Isaiah Briscoe of Roselle Catholic High (New Jersey). Briscoe is averaging a team-best 18.2 points in addition to his 6.9 rebounds and 5.5 assists per game.
Briscoe is listed as No. 19 overall in the Class of 2015 by Rivals. While he has 20 high-major offers, Briscoe recently told reporters during one EYBL session that six schools — Arizona, Pittsburgh, Rutgers, Seton Hall and UConn — are all recruiting him the hardest.
The Playaz compete in the Peach Jam from July 16-20 in North Augusta, South Carolina.
- No. 15 Iowa State holds on to beat No. 19 Texas 0
- Washington kicks talented shot blocking big man off the team 0
- Tracking The Unbeatens: Virginia’s difficult schedule, and why were Kentucky’s platoons created? 1
- Weekly Awards: D’Angelo Russell’s ascension, Kansas takes the next step 0
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25 2
- Coach K earns career win No. 1,000 in No. 5 Duke’s win over St. John’s 4
- Kentucky lands commitment from international Class of 2016 big man 4
- No. 6 Wisconsin utterly embarrassed No. 25 Iowa for more than one reason (13)
- The Top Ten Players that Coach K has had at Duke (13)
- You think college basketball is unwatchable this year? Turn on an Indiana game (7)
- You Make The Call: Was this a charge on TaShawn Thomas? (VIDEO) (5)
- Player of the Year Power Rankings: Jahlil Okafor, Frank Kaminsky are still 1-2 (5)