May 28, 2014, 10:30 AM EST
The Playaz Basketball Club (New Jersey) capped off a terrific spring on the grassroots circuit on Memorial Day Weekend. With a division-best 13-3 record in the Nike EYBL, the Playaz have secured a spot in July’s Peach Jam.
One of the key contributors to the Playaz success is 6-foot-3 guard Isaiah Briscoe of Roselle Catholic High (New Jersey). Briscoe is averaging a team-best 18.2 points in addition to his 6.9 rebounds and 5.5 assists per game.
Briscoe is listed as No. 19 overall in the Class of 2015 by Rivals. While he has 20 high-major offers, Briscoe recently told reporters during one EYBL session that six schools — Arizona, Pittsburgh, Rutgers, Seton Hall and UConn — are all recruiting him the hardest.
The Playaz compete in the Peach Jam from July 16-20 in North Augusta, South Carolina.
- Potential NCAA tournament bid thieves bubble teams should be rooting against 0
- Bubble Banter: Why LSU losing is bad news for Texas A&M 2
- Bonzie Colson continues hot streak as No. 12 Notre Dame wins at No. 16 Louisville 1
- Potential Cinderellas you want to win their automatic bid 2
- Virginia’s Justin Anderson could return as early as Saturday 0
- Missouri Valley Conference Tournament Preview and Postseason Awards 0
- No. 9 Kansas rallies to beat No. 20 West Virginia in OT but injury to Perry Ellis is major concern 1
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: How far will Wisconsin and Gonzaga fall? (26)
- You Make the Call: Was Texas guard Isaiah Taylor fouled on this drive? (16)
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (13)
- Mike Krzyzewski refuses comment on Rasheed Sulaimon sexual assault allegations (10)
- Vanderbilt head coach Kevin Stallings apologizes for postgame outburst directed at freshman guard Wade Baldwin IV (9)