May 28, 2014, 10:30 AM EDT
The Playaz Basketball Club (New Jersey) capped off a terrific spring on the grassroots circuit on Memorial Day Weekend. With a division-best 13-3 record in the Nike EYBL, the Playaz have secured a spot in July’s Peach Jam.
One of the key contributors to the Playaz success is 6-foot-3 guard Isaiah Briscoe of Roselle Catholic High (New Jersey). Briscoe is averaging a team-best 18.2 points in addition to his 6.9 rebounds and 5.5 assists per game.
Briscoe is listed as No. 19 overall in the Class of 2015 by Rivals. While he has 20 high-major offers, Briscoe recently told reporters during one EYBL session that six schools — Arizona, Pittsburgh, Rutgers, Seton Hall and UConn — are all recruiting him the hardest.
The Playaz compete in the Peach Jam from July 16-20 in North Augusta, South Carolina.
- VCU’s Treveon Graham: From lightly recruited to leader of Havoc, the Atlantic 10 favorites 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 7 North Carolina Tar Heels 1
- Dayton’s Elite 8 run, Archie Miller’s decision to stay help continue Atlantic 10’s success 1
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Jahlil Okafor, Frank Kaminsky lead a strong crop of big men 1
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Toledo looks to end a 35-year NCAA Tournament drought and rep the MAC 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 8 Texas Longhorns 1
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Stanley Johnson, Sam Dekker lead wing forward rankings 1
- Five-star 2015 power forward down to five schools (2)
- Roy Williams says he was ‘dumbfounded’ following Kenneth Wainstein’s report (VIDEO) (2)
- Hawaii considering its options regarding NCAA investigation of basketball program (2)
- VCU’s band ‘The Peppas’ will be doing Haka War Chants this year (VIDEO) (2)
- Mark Emmert calls UNC scandal ‘troubling’, ‘disturbing’, ‘shocking’ (2)