May 28, 2014, 10:30 AM EDT
The Playaz Basketball Club (New Jersey) capped off a terrific spring on the grassroots circuit on Memorial Day Weekend. With a division-best 13-3 record in the Nike EYBL, the Playaz have secured a spot in July’s Peach Jam.
One of the key contributors to the Playaz success is 6-foot-3 guard Isaiah Briscoe of Roselle Catholic High (New Jersey). Briscoe is averaging a team-best 18.2 points in addition to his 6.9 rebounds and 5.5 assists per game.
Briscoe is listed as No. 19 overall in the Class of 2015 by Rivals. While he has 20 high-major offers, Briscoe recently told reporters during one EYBL session that six schools — Arizona, Pittsburgh, Rutgers, Seton Hall and UConn — are all recruiting him the hardest.
The Playaz compete in the Peach Jam from July 16-20 in North Augusta, South Carolina.
- Butler head coach Brandon Miller takes leave of absence, health related 0
- Alabama’s treatment of former player Daisha Simmons is shameful 0
- Throwback Thursday: Illinois and Arizona spar in a phenomenal 2005 Elite 8 game 0
- Oklahoma State lands commitment from elite point guard in 2015 1
- John Calipari hiring an analytics director is smart, necessary, strictly for his players 0
- Marcus Smart’s mom reportedly hospitalized the day he shoved Texas Tech fan 0
- Four-star point guard verbally commits to Clemson 0
- Wichita State gets commitment from three-star 2015 point guard (2)
- NCAA twitter account effortlessly trolls MLB during playoff opener (2)
- Frank Haith lands first commitment as head coach at Tulsa (2)
- Three-star point guard down to Maryland, Providence, UNLV and Virginia Tech (1)
- Former SMU commit picks Michigan State (1)