May 28, 2014, 10:30 AM EDT
The Playaz Basketball Club (New Jersey) capped off a terrific spring on the grassroots circuit on Memorial Day Weekend. With a division-best 13-3 record in the Nike EYBL, the Playaz have secured a spot in July’s Peach Jam.
One of the key contributors to the Playaz success is 6-foot-3 guard Isaiah Briscoe of Roselle Catholic High (New Jersey). Briscoe is averaging a team-best 18.2 points in addition to his 6.9 rebounds and 5.5 assists per game.
Briscoe is listed as No. 19 overall in the Class of 2015 by Rivals. While he has 20 high-major offers, Briscoe recently told reporters during one EYBL session that six schools — Arizona, Pittsburgh, Rutgers, Seton Hall and UConn — are all recruiting him the hardest.
The Playaz compete in the Peach Jam from July 16-20 in North Augusta, South Carolina.
- #FredHoibergWatch officially commences today, as Bulls fire Thibodeau 3
- There’s only one way the NCAA gets UNC investigation wrong: a 2016 postseason ban 37
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer 7
- North Carolina announces receipt of Notice of Allegations from NCAA 3
- LSU’s ’25 is coming’ campaign doesn’t try to hide that they’re monetizing Ben Simmons 2
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the American’s offseason 1
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue 8
- There’s only one way the NCAA gets UNC investigation wrong: a 2016 postseason ban (37)
- Four men’s teams banned from 2016 postseason due to APR scores (10)
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer (7)
- Report: Class of 2016 four-star wing considering college among playing options for next season (5)
- Frank Kaminsky writes a farewell letter to Wisconsin fans (5)