May 29, 2014, 3:15 PM EST
Northern Colorado picked up a transfer this week as it was reported by Zachary Boyd of KUSA that former Colorado State guard Dwight Smith has transferred to the Big West program.
A 6-foot-4 junior guard from Omaha, Nebraska, Smith appeared in 18 games in the 2013-14 season for the Rams and averaged 3.2 points and 2.3 rebounds per game on 43 percent shooting. Smith exploded for 21 points (10-of-14 shooting) and eight rebounds in 31 minutes during Colorado State’s final game against Utah State in the Mountain West Conference Tournament.
Smith has battled injuries during his career at Colorado State and will get a fresh start to finish out his final season at Northern Colorado.
Northern Colorado finished 18-14 (11-9) last season, which was good enough for fifth in the Big Sky. The team also added former Rice guard Drew Bender this offseason as another transfer.
- Weekend Preview: Saturday will be the season’s best day of games 0
- Bubble Banter: Just how safe is Michigan State, and did Ohio State punch a ticket? 2
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy 13
- Wednesday’s Snacks: No. 1 Kentucky moves to 28-0, Northwestern knocks off Indiana 0
- Duke’s defense once again an issue as they get taken to overtime by Virginia Tech 4
- Bubble Banter: Wild night in the Atlantic 10, Indiana in trouble? 0
- Wisconsin’s loss to Maryland a massive blow, but not for the reasons you think 4
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (13)
- Bill Self crushed, Jamari Traylor targeted during Kansas State court storm (VIDEO) (12)
- Roy Williams calls out North Carolina fans following win over Georgia Tech (11)
- Dez Wells, Melo Trimble lead No. 14 Maryland to upset of No. 5 Wisconsin (9)
- Is Ohio State asking too much of freshman sensation D’Angelo Russell? (8)