May 29, 2014, 3:15 PM EDT
Northern Colorado picked up a transfer this week as it was reported by Zachary Boyd of KUSA that former Colorado State guard Dwight Smith has transferred to the Big West program.
A 6-foot-4 junior guard from Omaha, Nebraska, Smith appeared in 18 games in the 2013-14 season for the Rams and averaged 3.2 points and 2.3 rebounds per game on 43 percent shooting. Smith exploded for 21 points (10-of-14 shooting) and eight rebounds in 31 minutes during Colorado State’s final game against Utah State in the Mountain West Conference Tournament.
Smith has battled injuries during his career at Colorado State and will get a fresh start to finish out his final season at Northern Colorado.
Northern Colorado finished 18-14 (11-9) last season, which was good enough for fifth in the Big Sky. The team also added former Rice guard Drew Bender this offseason as another transfer.
- If the NCAA is correct, Donnie Tyndall is in big, big trouble 0
- Former Memphis forward Austin Nichols transferring to Virginia 3
- Saturday Las Vegas Recap: Zach Norvell goes off, Josh Jackson makes it look easy 0
- Thursday Las Vegas Recap: Dennis Smith and Frank Jackson battle; Lonzo Ball quiets critics; Wendell Carter talks visit 0
- Wednesday Las Vegas Recap: Dennis Smith vs Lonzo Ball; Frank Jackson faces Kobi Simmons 0
- Kentucky-commit Jamal Murray scores 20 to headline Wednesday’s Pan-Am Games 0
- July Live Period Preview: Four story lines to follow from Las Vegas 0
- Drake committed an NCAA violation while at Kentucky’s Big Blue Madness (11)
- List for potential nicknames for North Dakota down to five (8)
- Nik Stauskas trolls Ohio State fans, claims Thad Matta didn’t know who he was (PHOTO) (6)
- Is adidas giving their basketball programs throwback jerseys? (PHOTOS) (3)
- 7-foot-6 UCF center Tacko Fall throws down between the legs dunk (VIDEO) (3)