May 29, 2014, 3:15 PM EST
Northern Colorado picked up a transfer this week as it was reported by Zachary Boyd of KUSA that former Colorado State guard Dwight Smith has transferred to the Big West program.
A 6-foot-4 junior guard from Omaha, Nebraska, Smith appeared in 18 games in the 2013-14 season for the Rams and averaged 3.2 points and 2.3 rebounds per game on 43 percent shooting. Smith exploded for 21 points (10-of-14 shooting) and eight rebounds in 31 minutes during Colorado State’s final game against Utah State in the Mountain West Conference Tournament.
Smith has battled injuries during his career at Colorado State and will get a fresh start to finish out his final season at Northern Colorado.
Northern Colorado finished 18-14 (11-9) last season, which was good enough for fifth in the Big Sky. The team also added former Rice guard Drew Bender this offseason as another transfer.
- Right wrist injury to sideline Maryland senior wing four weeks 0
- Bronson Koenig, Duje Dukan step forward in No. 2 Wisconsin’s win over Georgetown 0
- St. John’s seniors say they ‘grew up’ against Minnesota, but have they? 1
- The little things made a big difference in No. 3 Arizona’s win over No. 15 San Diego State 0
- Butler upsets No. 5 North Carolina in Battle 4 Atlantis opener 2
- If No. 12 Villanova doesn’t have a star on their roster, no one told JayVaughn Pinkston 0
- JayVaughn Pinkston’s block gives No. 12 Villanova a win over No. 19 Michigan (VIDEO) 2
- Villanova’s win is evidence of why VCU may have peaked as a basketball program (14)
- Rick Pitino on blow out win: ‘We played four white guys and an Egyptian’ (14)
- Michigan’s John Beilein rips ESPN for late tip time during Tuesday’s loss (13)
- Penn State unveils new uniforms for next two games (6)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25: Kentucky reigns, but how far will Kansas, Florida slide? (5)