May 29, 2014, 3:15 PM EDT
Northern Colorado picked up a transfer this week as it was reported by Zachary Boyd of KUSA that former Colorado State guard Dwight Smith has transferred to the Big West program.
A 6-foot-4 junior guard from Omaha, Nebraska, Smith appeared in 18 games in the 2013-14 season for the Rams and averaged 3.2 points and 2.3 rebounds per game on 43 percent shooting. Smith exploded for 21 points (10-of-14 shooting) and eight rebounds in 31 minutes during Colorado State’s final game against Utah State in the Mountain West Conference Tournament.
Smith has battled injuries during his career at Colorado State and will get a fresh start to finish out his final season at Northern Colorado.
Northern Colorado finished 18-14 (11-9) last season, which was good enough for fifth in the Big Sky. The team also added former Rice guard Drew Bender this offseason as another transfer.
- Manhattan’s returnees look to build on the achievements of last season’s senior class 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Rivals Iona, Manhattan have company in race to the top of the MAAC 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 11 Villanova Wildcats 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Kentucky’s loaded rotation leads nation’s best front courts 0
- Cameron Payne didn’t expect to fill Isaiah Canaan’s void at Murray State, but he did 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: The Top 20 Perimeter Attacks 1
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 12 Wichita State 1
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes (7)
- Report: Texas plans to start paying their athletes $10,000 stipend (4)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (3)
- Texas A&M lands another five-star center, has loaded 2015 recruiting class (2)
- Florida guard cleared to return to practice (2)