May 29, 2014, 9:22 PM EST
One day after it was reported by Donna Ditota of the Syracuse Post-Standard that highly regarded forward Chris McCullough was still waiting for his standardized test scores (ACT and SAT), it was reported by Ditota that the Syracuse signee has received the good news regarding his ACT score.
With the qualifying score McCullough can join the Syracuse program, which means he can take summer classes according to the report. But it should be noted that this is a process separate from the NCAA’s Initial Eligibility Clearinghouse, which is the entity that determines if incoming athletes are eligible to play in games once the season begins.
McCullough’s an important player for the Orange in 2014-15 with head coach Jim Boeheim having to account for the loss of forwards C.J. Fair and Jerami Grant. Those two combined to average 28.6 points and 13.2 rebounds per game last season, and while it would clearly be unrealistic to expect McCullough to be the answer by himself he’s talented enough to be a key contributor from the start.
Syracuse returns Rakeem Christmas, Tyler Roberson and DaJuan Coleman in the front court, with Coleman being reported to have lost nearly 25 pounds this offseason. Coleman underwent surgery on his left leg in January, missing the remainder of the season after starting 12 of the 13 games in which he played.
- Reductions in scholarship, off-campus recruiting will have significant impact on Syracuse moving forward 5
- NCAA sanctions Syracuse; 12 lost scholarships, nine-game suspension for coach Jim Boeheim 22
- Bracketology: No. 1 seed line remains unsettled 5
- Weekend Preview: Duke-Carolina Part Two, and which bubble teams have the most on the line? 1
- Bubble Banter: Davidson with a big win, Stanford in trouble, and … VCU? 2
- Justin Anderson out this weekend after undergoing appendectomy 0
- West Coast Conference Tournament Preview and Postseason Awards 0
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: How far will Wisconsin and Gonzaga fall? (26)
- NCAA sanctions Syracuse; 12 lost scholarships, nine-game suspension for coach Jim Boeheim (26)
- You Make the Call: Was Texas guard Isaiah Taylor fouled on this drive? (16)
- Mike Krzyzewski refuses comment on Rasheed Sulaimon sexual assault allegations (11)
- Bracketology: Villanova takes ahold of the fourth No. 1 seed (9)