May 29, 2014, 9:22 PM EDT
One day after it was reported by Donna Ditota of the Syracuse Post-Standard that highly regarded forward Chris McCullough was still waiting for his standardized test scores (ACT and SAT), it was reported by Ditota that the Syracuse signee has received the good news regarding his ACT score.
With the qualifying score McCullough can join the Syracuse program, which means he can take summer classes according to the report. But it should be noted that this is a process separate from the NCAA’s Initial Eligibility Clearinghouse, which is the entity that determines if incoming athletes are eligible to play in games once the season begins.
McCullough’s an important player for the Orange in 2014-15 with head coach Jim Boeheim having to account for the loss of forwards C.J. Fair and Jerami Grant. Those two combined to average 28.6 points and 13.2 rebounds per game last season, and while it would clearly be unrealistic to expect McCullough to be the answer by himself he’s talented enough to be a key contributor from the start.
Syracuse returns Rakeem Christmas, Tyler Roberson and DaJuan Coleman in the front court, with Coleman being reported to have lost nearly 25 pounds this offseason. Coleman underwent surgery on his left leg in January, missing the remainder of the season after starting 12 of the 13 games in which he played.
- Kentucky’s John Calipari offers his thoughts on USA Basketball critiques 0
- Coach K responds to USA Basketball criticism during press conference 0
- A key piece for Providence is cleared for full-contact practice 0
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ 8
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan 4
- Thoughts on Antonio Blakeney, shoe companies and decommitments 1
- Top prospect in Class of 2014 signs endorsement deal with Under Armour 1
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ (8)
- Former Indiana guard A.J. Guyton writes an open letter to Bob Knight (6)
- Big Blue Nation already camping out for Big Blue Madness? (PHOTO) (5)
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ (4)
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan (4)