May 29, 2014, 9:22 PM EST
One day after it was reported by Donna Ditota of the Syracuse Post-Standard that highly regarded forward Chris McCullough was still waiting for his standardized test scores (ACT and SAT), it was reported by Ditota that the Syracuse signee has received the good news regarding his ACT score.
With the qualifying score McCullough can join the Syracuse program, which means he can take summer classes according to the report. But it should be noted that this is a process separate from the NCAA’s Initial Eligibility Clearinghouse, which is the entity that determines if incoming athletes are eligible to play in games once the season begins.
McCullough’s an important player for the Orange in 2014-15 with head coach Jim Boeheim having to account for the loss of forwards C.J. Fair and Jerami Grant. Those two combined to average 28.6 points and 13.2 rebounds per game last season, and while it would clearly be unrealistic to expect McCullough to be the answer by himself he’s talented enough to be a key contributor from the start.
Syracuse returns Rakeem Christmas, Tyler Roberson and DaJuan Coleman in the front court, with Coleman being reported to have lost nearly 25 pounds this offseason. Coleman underwent surgery on his left leg in January, missing the remainder of the season after starting 12 of the 13 games in which he played.
- Quinn Cook is thriving as an off-guard, and No. 4 Duke will reap the benefits 0
- Rhode Island upsets No. 21 Nebraska, 66-62, in overtime 0
- Lauren Hill surprises teammates, fans with another layup in her second college game (VIDEO) 2
- The ‘Chaminade Crew’ and how Jonathan Holmes has changed the culture of Texas hoops 0
- Early struggles of Syracuse, Kaleb Joseph example of the downside of early entry 2
- UPDATE: Texas loses starting point guard to left wrist injury, out 4-6 weeks 0
- Burning Questions: Who’s poised to surprise (or disappoint) people in the Big Ten? 2
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (31)
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? (5)
- No. 1 Kentucky survives Buffalo despite ugly effort offensively (4)
- Pregame Shootaround: No. 14 Iowa State needs to be on upset alert tonight (3)
- Miami upsets No. 8 Florida thanks to the Angel Rodriguez takeover (3)