May 29, 2014, 9:22 PM EST
One day after it was reported by Donna Ditota of the Syracuse Post-Standard that highly regarded forward Chris McCullough was still waiting for his standardized test scores (ACT and SAT), it was reported by Ditota that the Syracuse signee has received the good news regarding his ACT score.
With the qualifying score McCullough can join the Syracuse program, which means he can take summer classes according to the report. But it should be noted that this is a process separate from the NCAA’s Initial Eligibility Clearinghouse, which is the entity that determines if incoming athletes are eligible to play in games once the season begins.
McCullough’s an important player for the Orange in 2014-15 with head coach Jim Boeheim having to account for the loss of forwards C.J. Fair and Jerami Grant. Those two combined to average 28.6 points and 13.2 rebounds per game last season, and while it would clearly be unrealistic to expect McCullough to be the answer by himself he’s talented enough to be a key contributor from the start.
Syracuse returns Rakeem Christmas, Tyler Roberson and DaJuan Coleman in the front court, with Coleman being reported to have lost nearly 25 pounds this offseason. Coleman underwent surgery on his left leg in January, missing the remainder of the season after starting 12 of the 13 games in which he played.
- Coach K earns career win No. 1,000 in No. 5 Duke’s win over St. John’s 0
- Kentucky lands commitment from international Class of 2016 big man 1
- Saturday’s Snacks: No. 18 West Virginia, Georgetown win absolute thrillers 0
- No. 11 Kansas makes a statement blowing out No. 17 Texas 1
- Bracket Update: Upcoming stretch could have major impact on Duke’s NCAA seeding 2
- Sister’s illness makes for a bittersweet homecoming for Tulsa head coach Frank Haith 0
- Weekend Preview: Things are heating up in the Big 12, plus Coach K No. 1,000? 0
- No. 6 Wisconsin utterly embarrassed No. 25 Iowa for more than one reason (13)
- The Top Ten Players that Coach K has had at Duke (12)
- You think college basketball is unwatchable this year? Turn on an Indiana game (7)
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: So where do we rank Duke? (5)
- You Make The Call: Was this a charge on TaShawn Thomas? (VIDEO) (5)