May 30, 2014, 8:10 PM EDT
Butler nabbed a local 2015 commitment on Friday afternoon as 6-foot-6 sharpshooter Sean McDermott announced his commitment to the Bulldogs on his Twitter profile.
Happy to say I’m committing to Butler University to play basketball 🐶🏀—
sean mcdermott (@big_sean14) May 30, 2014
McDermott has been a breakout player this spring after the junior had an up-and-down high school season due to a staph infection that left him hospitalized. McDermott lost 17 pounds from the infection and averaged 14.6 points and 3.6 rebounds per game in 18 games at Pendleton Heights High School. The three-star prospect, according to Rivals.com shot 34 percent from the three-point line as well.
Butler recruited McDermott hard this spring and offered him during an unofficial visit to campus in early May. Indiana and Purdue were also starting to pay some attention to the local standout and Butler is getting a commitment from a player that comes from the same high school as current Bulldog Kellen Durham.
McDermott averaged 16 points a game in the Under Armour Association this spring and shot 43 percent from three-point range for Grassroots Indiana.
Butler now has commitments from McDermott and Cincinnati big man Nate Fowler this spring in the 2015 class.
- North Carolina athletic director Bubba Cunningham comments on Rashad McCants situation 1
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 0
- Former Michigan center discusses hasty departure for the NBA (VIDEO) 0
- Five-star 2015 center trims list to five 1
- College of Charleston coaching search takes another turn 0
- Rivals releases new rankings for the Class of 2015 0
- Will Bill Self and Kansas play small-ball this season? 2
- DePaul’s Purnell loses fifth recruit that signed letter of intent (3)
- Former Ole Miss star Marshall Henderson getting pro tryout in Italy (2)
- Will Bill Self and Kansas play small-ball this season? (2)
- Report: Ex-Spartan forward headed to Ohio (1)
- Blue Ribbon releases their Preseason First Team All-Americans (1)