May 30, 2014, 9:35 AM EDT
After playing the 2013-14 season with a limited amount of depth on the perimeter North Carolina will add some talented pieces to the puzzle this summer. One of those three talented freshmen is small forward Theo Pinson, a McDonald’s All-American who earned North Carolina Mr. Basketball honors at Wesleyan Christian Academy.
And with Pinson leading the way Wesleyan Christian won its second consecutive Independent Schools Class 3A state title this spring. Above are some of the highlights Pinson produced throughout his senior season, put together by the folks at BallisLife.
In Pinson, the Tar Heels will be getting a highly entertaining (and talented) player to go along with point guard Joel Berry and fellow small forward Justin Jackson in their 2014 recruiting haul.
Video credit: BallisLife
- Malik Beasley looking to capitalize on a big spring, summer 0
- Top 15 recruit Antonio Blakeney has made the ‘jump’ — literally — to elite status 2
- July Live Period Week Two Superlatives 0
- Seven Takeaways from the Under Armour Finals 0
- Iowa State’s Georges Niang carries extra motivation – and less weight – into 2014-15 0
- Emmanuel Mudiay to China makes him even more of a case-study 0
- Four-star Class of 2016 guard Bruce Brown gave up football to focus on basketball 0
- Mother of elite recruit Josh Jackson: ‘Josh hasn’t been recruited by anyone’ (4)
- Chris Walker looks like he’s spent some time in the gym (PHOTO) (3)
- NCAA gets rid of name-likeness release form for student-athletes (3)
- Len Bias among inductees in Maryland’s 2014 Athletics Hall of Fame class (2)
- Isaiah Austin has a job with the NBA once he finishes degree at Baylor (2)