Jun 1, 2014, 9:20 PM EDT
The recruiting story of 2014 forward Marvin Clark is one that many college basketball players have experienced on their way to picking a school. A portion of the process is the struggle that comes with having to figure out if the schools looking to land your signature on a National Letter of Intent are telling you what they feel you want to hear or what you truly need to hear.
However Clark’s overall story isn’t solely about basketball due to the desire to help his family, which has gone through tough times throughout his childhood. That desire serves as Clark’s greatest motivation to not only earn a scholarship, but to wind up at a school where he would be able to thrive from the start.
Brad Wolverton of The Chronicle for Higher Education spent time with Clark throughout the recruiting process, telling the story of a player who feared his chances of earning a scholarship slipped away due to a broken foot but managed to work his way back into the prospect many high-level schools were interested in signing.
Ultimately Clark would pick Michigan State, where he’ll have the opportunity to earn playing time in the front court. This is a good read to say the least, with the story illustrating the many aspects (and influences) of the recruiting “game” that a player such as Clark has to navigate throughout the process.
The full story can be read here.
- A key piece for Providence is cleared for full-contact practice 0
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ 8
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan 4
- Thoughts on Antonio Blakeney, shoe companies and decommitments 1
- Top prospect in Class of 2014 signs endorsement deal with Under Armour 1
- Five-star shooting guard Antonio Blakeney decommits from Louisville 3
- Richard Pitino warns Minnesota fans not to trust his dad before Louisville opener 2
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ (8)
- Former Indiana guard A.J. Guyton writes an open letter to Bob Knight (6)
- Big Blue Nation already camping out for Big Blue Madness? (PHOTO) (5)
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ (4)
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan (4)