Jun 1, 2014, 2:50 PM EST
When sophomore forward Robert Carter decided to leave Georgia Tech, he immediately became a coveted transfer.
While many schools have expressed interest, the 6-foot-8 Carter has only visited two schools — expecting to visit another — as he looks to make a decision in the coming weeks.
“He will be enrolling in somebody’s courses at a college by late June,” Jordan told Carvell earlier this week.
Carter has previously visited St. John’s, and has spent the weekend in South Carolina. He will also make a trip to Maryland, according to Jon Rothstein of CBS Sports.
According to the AJC, Carter enjoyed St. John’s, intrigued by the possibility of playing many of his future home games inside Madison Square Garden. Carter has known South Carolina head coach Frank Martin for several years through their time with USA Basketball. Another connection exists at Maryland where Carter’s former AAU teammate, Trayvon Reed, is one of several four-star commits in the Terrapins’ incoming class who looks to help combat the mass exodus of transfers from this spring.
Carter will have two years of eligibility remaining once he sits out the 2014-2015 season. He averaged 11.4 points, 8.7 rebounds, 1.1 assists and 1.1 blocks per game this past season. Carter also had the seventh-highest defensive rebounding percentage in the country, per kenpom.com
- Wisconsin wins 2014 Battle 4 Atlantis with 69-56 win over Oklahoma 0
- Right wrist injury to sideline Maryland senior wing four weeks 0
- Bronson Koenig, Duje Dukan step forward in No. 2 Wisconsin’s win over Georgetown 0
- St. John’s seniors say they ‘grew up’ against Minnesota, but have they? 1
- The little things made a big difference in No. 3 Arizona’s win over No. 15 San Diego State 1
- Butler upsets No. 5 North Carolina in Battle 4 Atlantis opener 2
- If No. 12 Villanova doesn’t have a star on their roster, no one told JayVaughn Pinkston 0
- Villanova’s win is evidence of why VCU may have peaked as a basketball program (14)
- Rick Pitino on blow out win: ‘We played four white guys and an Egyptian’ (14)
- Michigan’s John Beilein rips ESPN for late tip time during Tuesday’s loss (13)
- Penn State unveils new uniforms for next two games (6)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25: Kentucky reigns, but how far will Kansas, Florida slide? (5)