Jun 1, 2014, 2:50 PM EDT
When sophomore forward Robert Carter decided to leave Georgia Tech, he immediately became a coveted transfer.
While many schools have expressed interest, the 6-foot-8 Carter has only visited two schools — expecting to visit another — as he looks to make a decision in the coming weeks.
“He will be enrolling in somebody’s courses at a college by late June,” Jordan told Carvell earlier this week.
Carter has previously visited St. John’s, and has spent the weekend in South Carolina. He will also make a trip to Maryland, according to Jon Rothstein of CBS Sports.
According to the AJC, Carter enjoyed St. John’s, intrigued by the possibility of playing many of his future home games inside Madison Square Garden. Carter has known South Carolina head coach Frank Martin for several years through their time with USA Basketball. Another connection exists at Maryland where Carter’s former AAU teammate, Trayvon Reed, is one of several four-star commits in the Terrapins’ incoming class who looks to help combat the mass exodus of transfers from this spring.
Carter will have two years of eligibility remaining once he sits out the 2014-2015 season. He averaged 11.4 points, 8.7 rebounds, 1.1 assists and 1.1 blocks per game this past season. Carter also had the seventh-highest defensive rebounding percentage in the country, per kenpom.com
- Five-star shooting guard Antonio Blakeney decommits from Louisville 0
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: UConn and Arizona land 2015 big men, 2015 commitments flying off the board 0
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ 2
- Arizona lands four-star center to potential No. 1 recruiting class in 2015 0
- Allen Iverson, Georgetown legends return to campus for new John Thompson practice facility 3
- In-state power forward verbally commits to UConn 0
- Former Indiana guard A.J. Guyton writes an open letter to Bob Knight 6
- Former Indiana guard A.J. Guyton writes an open letter to Bob Knight (6)
- Four-star power forward becomes Indiana’s first 2015 commitment (3)
- Arizona State commit arrested for allegedly shoplifting less than $20 in DVDs from Walmart (3)
- Allen Iverson, Georgetown legends return to campus for new John Thompson practice facility (3)
- Villanova lands commitment from five-star point guard Jalen Brunson (2)