Jun 1, 2014, 2:50 PM EST
When sophomore forward Robert Carter decided to leave Georgia Tech, he immediately became a coveted transfer.
While many schools have expressed interest, the 6-foot-8 Carter has only visited two schools — expecting to visit another — as he looks to make a decision in the coming weeks.
“He will be enrolling in somebody’s courses at a college by late June,” Jordan told Carvell earlier this week.
Carter has previously visited St. John’s, and has spent the weekend in South Carolina. He will also make a trip to Maryland, according to Jon Rothstein of CBS Sports.
According to the AJC, Carter enjoyed St. John’s, intrigued by the possibility of playing many of his future home games inside Madison Square Garden. Carter has known South Carolina head coach Frank Martin for several years through their time with USA Basketball. Another connection exists at Maryland where Carter’s former AAU teammate, Trayvon Reed, is one of several four-star commits in the Terrapins’ incoming class who looks to help combat the mass exodus of transfers from this spring.
Carter will have two years of eligibility remaining once he sits out the 2014-2015 season. He averaged 11.4 points, 8.7 rebounds, 1.1 assists and 1.1 blocks per game this past season. Carter also had the seventh-highest defensive rebounding percentage in the country, per kenpom.com
- Potential NCAA tournament bid thieves bubble teams should be rooting against 0
- Bubble Banter: Why LSU losing is bad news for Texas A&M 2
- Bonzie Colson continues hot streak as No. 12 Notre Dame wins at No. 16 Louisville 1
- Potential Cinderellas you want to win their automatic bid 2
- Virginia’s Justin Anderson could return as early as Saturday 0
- Missouri Valley Conference Tournament Preview and Postseason Awards 0
- No. 9 Kansas rallies to beat No. 20 West Virginia in OT but injury to Perry Ellis is major concern 1
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: How far will Wisconsin and Gonzaga fall? (26)
- You Make the Call: Was Texas guard Isaiah Taylor fouled on this drive? (16)
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (13)
- Mike Krzyzewski refuses comment on Rasheed Sulaimon sexual assault allegations (10)
- Vanderbilt head coach Kevin Stallings apologizes for postgame outburst directed at freshman guard Wade Baldwin IV (9)