Jun 1, 2014, 2:50 PM EDT
When sophomore forward Robert Carter decided to leave Georgia Tech, he immediately became a coveted transfer.
While many schools have expressed interest, the 6-foot-8 Carter has only visited two schools — expecting to visit another — as he looks to make a decision in the coming weeks.
“He will be enrolling in somebody’s courses at a college by late June,” Jordan told Carvell earlier this week.
Carter has previously visited St. John’s, and has spent the weekend in South Carolina. He will also make a trip to Maryland, according to Jon Rothstein of CBS Sports.
According to the AJC, Carter enjoyed St. John’s, intrigued by the possibility of playing many of his future home games inside Madison Square Garden. Carter has known South Carolina head coach Frank Martin for several years through their time with USA Basketball. Another connection exists at Maryland where Carter’s former AAU teammate, Trayvon Reed, is one of several four-star commits in the Terrapins’ incoming class who looks to help combat the mass exodus of transfers from this spring.
Carter will have two years of eligibility remaining once he sits out the 2014-2015 season. He averaged 11.4 points, 8.7 rebounds, 1.1 assists and 1.1 blocks per game this past season. Carter also had the seventh-highest defensive rebounding percentage in the country, per kenpom.com
- Oklahoma State lands commitment from elite point guard in 2015 0
- John Calipari hiring an analytics director is smart, necessary, strictly for his players 0
- Marcus Smart’s mom reportedly hospitalized the day he shoved Texas Tech fan 0
- Four-star point guard verbally commits to Clemson 0
- Top 2015 and 2016 prospects comment on high school-to-pro move in new report 0
- Four-star 2015 shooting guard commits to Illinois 0
- Florida State gets commitment from 7-foot-4 2015 center 2
- Wichita State gets commitment from three-star 2015 point guard (2)
- Frank Haith lands first commitment as head coach at Tulsa (2)
- Three-star point guard down to Maryland, Providence, UNLV and Virginia Tech (1)
- Former SMU commit picks Michigan State (1)
- Alex Poythress dunks over 7-foot Dakari Johnson (VIDEO) (1)