Jun 1, 2014, 2:50 PM EST
When sophomore forward Robert Carter decided to leave Georgia Tech, he immediately became a coveted transfer.
While many schools have expressed interest, the 6-foot-8 Carter has only visited two schools — expecting to visit another — as he looks to make a decision in the coming weeks.
“He will be enrolling in somebody’s courses at a college by late June,” Jordan told Carvell earlier this week.
Carter has previously visited St. John’s, and has spent the weekend in South Carolina. He will also make a trip to Maryland, according to Jon Rothstein of CBS Sports.
According to the AJC, Carter enjoyed St. John’s, intrigued by the possibility of playing many of his future home games inside Madison Square Garden. Carter has known South Carolina head coach Frank Martin for several years through their time with USA Basketball. Another connection exists at Maryland where Carter’s former AAU teammate, Trayvon Reed, is one of several four-star commits in the Terrapins’ incoming class who looks to help combat the mass exodus of transfers from this spring.
Carter will have two years of eligibility remaining once he sits out the 2014-2015 season. He averaged 11.4 points, 8.7 rebounds, 1.1 assists and 1.1 blocks per game this past season. Carter also had the seventh-highest defensive rebounding percentage in the country, per kenpom.com
- Weekend Preview: Duke-Virginia, an MVC showdown and UNC-Louisville 2
- Duke dismisses reserve shooting guard from program 13
- Chase for 180: Already a good shooter, Tyler Harvey’s been even better in 2014-15 0
- Film Session: The case for Jerian Grant as National Player of the Year 1
- Jerian Grant, No. 8 Notre Dame erase another double-digit deficit as they beat No. 4 Duke 7
- Late Night Snacks: No. 8 Notre Dame outlasts No. 4 Duke in a thriller 2
- 2015 McDonald’s All-American rosters announced 2
- Duke dismisses reserve shooting guard from program (13)
- Jerian Grant, No. 8 Notre Dame erase another double-digit deficit as they beat No. 4 Duke (7)
- Bill Self on the loss of Kansas-Missouri rivalry: ‘It hasn’t been great’ (5)
- Coach K earns career win No. 1,000 in No. 5 Duke’s win over St. John’s (4)
- Kentucky lands commitment from international Class of 2016 big man (4)