Jun 2, 2014, 9:00 PM EST
Ball State added an assistant coach on Monday afternoon as head coach James Whitford added Arizona assistant director of operations Danny Peters. The news was first reported by the Arizona Daily Star.
Whitford was a former associate head coach at Arizona and has a connection to Peters and Peters’ father. Dan Peters is the director of operations at Akron and is currently going through a battle with pancreatic cancer.
Brian Thornton was named as an assistant coach earlier in May as Ball State had to replace former assistant coaches Brett Nelson (Marquette) and Billy Wright (head coach at Western Illinois).
- JayVaughn Pinkston’s block gives No. 12 Villanova a win over No. 19 Michigan (VIDEO) 0
- Maryland upsets No. 13 Iowa State as fearless freshmen mix with gritty veterans for balanced effort 1
- Rondae Hollis-Jefferson’s selflessness during the Maui Invitational will help No. 3 Arizona in the long run 0
- Player of the Year Power Rankings: A familiar face on top, but a few surprises behind him 0
- Ricky Doyle secures 70-63 win for No. 19 Michigan over Oregon in Legends Classic 0
- Villanova’s win is evidence of why VCU may have peaked as a basketball program 13
- Mike Brey was excited about Notre Dame’s loss because the Irish have their closer back 1
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (31)
- Villanova’s win is evidence of why VCU may have peaked as a basketball program (13)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25: Kentucky reigns, but how far will Kansas, Florida slide? (5)
- Rick Pitino on blow out win: ‘We played four white guys and an Egyptian’ (4)
- After getting embarrassed by No. 1 Kentucky, where does No. 5 Kansas go from here? (3)