Jun 2, 2014, 9:00 PM EDT
Ball State added an assistant coach on Monday afternoon as head coach James Whitford added Arizona assistant director of operations Danny Peters. The news was first reported by the Arizona Daily Star.
Whitford was a former associate head coach at Arizona and has a connection to Peters and Peters’ father. Dan Peters is the director of operations at Akron and is currently going through a battle with pancreatic cancer.
Brian Thornton was named as an assistant coach earlier in May as Ball State had to replace former assistant coaches Brett Nelson (Marquette) and Billy Wright (head coach at Western Illinois).
- Wisconsin’s Bo Ryan makes another statement wavering on potential retirement 0
- Cody Zeller, Indiana president speak out against recent athlete legal issues 0
- Five-star 2016 combo guard cuts list to four 0
- Xavier, Mount St. Joseph to launch the ‘Lauren Hill Tip-Off Classic’ 0
- Tai Wynyard: ‘I will be coming to UK in December’ 0
- Tom Izzo, 30 second shot clocks, and why zone presses will be more popular this year 1
- Kentucky lands a commitment from four-star 2016 forward 0
- Blue Ribbon announces their preseason all-american team (3)
- Syracuse legend to undergo surgery on a brain tumor this week (2)
- Wake Forest dismissed senior point guard for rules violation (1)
- Is Louisville’s non-conference schedule weak by design? (1)
- 10 year old Ohio State fan worried heart surgery would make him love Michigan (1)