Jun 2, 2014, 9:00 PM EST
Ball State added an assistant coach on Monday afternoon as head coach James Whitford added Arizona assistant director of operations Danny Peters. The news was first reported by the Arizona Daily Star.
Whitford was a former associate head coach at Arizona and has a connection to Peters and Peters’ father. Dan Peters is the director of operations at Akron and is currently going through a battle with pancreatic cancer.
Brian Thornton was named as an assistant coach earlier in May as Ball State had to replace former assistant coaches Brett Nelson (Marquette) and Billy Wright (head coach at Western Illinois).
- Markus Kennedy cleared to play immediately for SMU 0
- Weekend Preview: A loaded Saturday slate highlights the weekend 4
- Rebounding, foul shooting help No. 2 Duke make up for 19 turnovers in win over UConn 0
- Michigan State starting forward to miss next two games with non-displaced wrist fracture 0
- Film Session: What’s plaguing Marcus Paige? 1
- Throwback Thursday: UConn ‘Shocks The World’ against Duke (VIDEO) 1
- New Year’s Resolutions: Virginia Cavaliers 1
- Gregg Marshall writes to Wichita State students after seeing empty seats in student section (PHOTO) (7)
- Report: David Robinson’s son will be preferred walk-on at Duke in 2015-16 (VIDEO) (6)
- West Virginia’s Bob Huggins torches Marshall after coach calls Huggs ‘afraid’ (5)
- Without Alex Poythress, No. 1 Kentucky’s offense looks comfortable in win over No. 21 North Carolina (4)
- Lauren Hill’s playing career over, to become honorary coach (4)