Jun 2, 2014, 9:00 PM EST
Ball State added an assistant coach on Monday afternoon as head coach James Whitford added Arizona assistant director of operations Danny Peters. The news was first reported by the Arizona Daily Star.
Whitford was a former associate head coach at Arizona and has a connection to Peters and Peters’ father. Dan Peters is the director of operations at Akron and is currently going through a battle with pancreatic cancer.
Brian Thornton was named as an assistant coach earlier in May as Ball State had to replace former assistant coaches Brett Nelson (Marquette) and Billy Wright (head coach at Western Illinois).
- Duke dismisses reserve shooting guard from program 2
- Chase for 180: Already a good shooter, Tyler Harvey’s been even better in 2014-15 1
- Film Session: The case for Jerian Grant as National Player of the Year 1
- Jerian Grant, No. 8 Notre Dame erase another double-digit deficit as they beat No. 4 Duke 7
- Late Night Snacks: No. 8 Notre Dame outlasts No. 4 Duke in a thriller 2
- 2015 McDonald’s All-American rosters announced 2
- Player of the Year Power Rankings: It’s essentially a two-man race at this point 3
- The Top Ten Players that Coach K has had at Duke (13)
- You think college basketball is unwatchable this year? Turn on an Indiana game (7)
- Jerian Grant, No. 8 Notre Dame erase another double-digit deficit as they beat No. 4 Duke (7)
- Iowa’s Fran McCaffery on Dan Dakich’s criticism of a player: ‘He’s a TV guy. If he was a coach, he’d be coaching’ (5)
- Two former North Carolina athletes sue school, NCAA over academic scandal (4)