Jun 2, 2014, 9:00 PM EDT
Ball State added an assistant coach on Monday afternoon as head coach James Whitford added Arizona assistant director of operations Danny Peters. The news was first reported by the Arizona Daily Star.
Whitford was a former associate head coach at Arizona and has a connection to Peters and Peters’ father. Dan Peters is the director of operations at Akron and is currently going through a battle with pancreatic cancer.
Brian Thornton was named as an assistant coach earlier in May as Ball State had to replace former assistant coaches Brett Nelson (Marquette) and Billy Wright (head coach at Western Illinois).
- #FredHoibergWatch officially commences today, as Bulls fire Thibodeau 3
- There’s only one way the NCAA gets UNC investigation wrong: a 2016 postseason ban 37
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer 7
- North Carolina announces receipt of Notice of Allegations from NCAA 3
- LSU’s ’25 is coming’ campaign doesn’t try to hide that they’re monetizing Ben Simmons 2
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the American’s offseason 1
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue 8
- There’s only one way the NCAA gets UNC investigation wrong: a 2016 postseason ban (37)
- Four men’s teams banned from 2016 postseason due to APR scores (10)
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer (7)
- Report: Class of 2016 four-star wing considering college among playing options for next season (5)
- Frank Kaminsky writes a farewell letter to Wisconsin fans (5)