Jun 2, 2014, 4:18 PM EDT
Just over a month after it was announced that he would not be returning to Mark Fox’s coaching staff at Georgia, assistant coach Stacey Palmore has found a new home. Monday afternoon it was announced that Palmore has joined Cliff Ellis’ staff at Coastal Carolina, and Palmore’s experience in the ACC and SEC is expected to help the Chanticleers on the recruiting trail.
“We are very excited to have Stacey join our men’s basketball program,” Ellis said in the release. “He brings a wealth of experience and comes to us, having served in two major conferences, the ACC and the SEC.
“He has extensive recruiting expertise in our exposure areas of South Carolina, Georgia, Virginia and North Carolina, and is well known and respected in these areas. We welcome Stacey on board as we continue to move forward and build on our recent success.”
Palmore joins associate head coach Don Hogan and assistant Benny Moss on Ellis’ staff. During Ellis’ seven years at the helm Coastal Carolina has won just over 60 percent of its games, winning more than 20 games in three of those seasons.
- College basketball’s seven biggest early entry losers for the 2015-2016 season 0
- College basketball’s six biggest early entry winners for the 2015-2016 season 0
- Austin Hatch’s inspirational basketball career has come to a close 2
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too-Early Preseason Rankings 0
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List 14
- Report: Yogi Ferrell to return to Indiana for senior season 0
- Texas point guard Isaiah Taylor returning for junior season 1
- Duke lands commitment from elite PG Derryck Thornton, who will reclass (18)
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List (14)
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 (9)
- Louisville adds key grad transfer Damion Lee (6)
- All-MAC guard Shannon Evans to transfer from Buffalo; is athletics director Danny White at fault? (3)