Jun 2, 2014, 4:18 PM EDT
Just over a month after it was announced that he would not be returning to Mark Fox’s coaching staff at Georgia, assistant coach Stacey Palmore has found a new home. Monday afternoon it was announced that Palmore has joined Cliff Ellis’ staff at Coastal Carolina, and Palmore’s experience in the ACC and SEC is expected to help the Chanticleers on the recruiting trail.
“We are very excited to have Stacey join our men’s basketball program,” Ellis said in the release. “He brings a wealth of experience and comes to us, having served in two major conferences, the ACC and the SEC.
“He has extensive recruiting expertise in our exposure areas of South Carolina, Georgia, Virginia and North Carolina, and is well known and respected in these areas. We welcome Stacey on board as we continue to move forward and build on our recent success.”
Palmore joins associate head coach Don Hogan and assistant Benny Moss on Ellis’ staff. During Ellis’ seven years at the helm Coastal Carolina has won just over 60 percent of its games, winning more than 20 games in three of those seasons.
- Seven takeaways from AAU Nationals and Super Showcase 0
- Seven takeaways from Las Vegas for the final AAU weekend of 2014 0
- One college coach’s unique connection to the Peach Jam 0
- July Live Period Week Three Superlatives 0
- Skal Labissiere is considering Europe, but that doesn’t mean there’s a market for him 0
- AAU Nationals Saturday Recap: Raymond Spalding has upside, Trent Forrest and Gary Trent, Jr. perform at a high level 0
- Las Vegas Friday Recap: Jaylen Brown, Kobi Simmons among standouts 0
- Marcus Foster still hasn’t forgotten, or forgiven, those pulled scholarships (3)
- Two surprises after first cuts at Team USA U17 trials (3)
- Isaiah Austin has a job with the NBA once he finishes degree at Baylor (2)
- Top 15 recruit Antonio Blakeney has made the ‘jump’ — literally — to elite status (2)
- The latest allegations against Doug Wojcik involve a physical confrontation (2)