Jun 2, 2014, 4:18 PM EDT
Just over a month after it was announced that he would not be returning to Mark Fox’s coaching staff at Georgia, assistant coach Stacey Palmore has found a new home. Monday afternoon it was announced that Palmore has joined Cliff Ellis’ staff at Coastal Carolina, and Palmore’s experience in the ACC and SEC is expected to help the Chanticleers on the recruiting trail.
“We are very excited to have Stacey join our men’s basketball program,” Ellis said in the release. “He brings a wealth of experience and comes to us, having served in two major conferences, the ACC and the SEC.
“He has extensive recruiting expertise in our exposure areas of South Carolina, Georgia, Virginia and North Carolina, and is well known and respected in these areas. We welcome Stacey on board as we continue to move forward and build on our recent success.”
Palmore joins associate head coach Don Hogan and assistant Benny Moss on Ellis’ staff. During Ellis’ seven years at the helm Coastal Carolina has won just over 60 percent of its games, winning more than 20 games in three of those seasons.
- Manhattan’s returnees look to build on the achievements of last season’s senior class 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Rivals Iona, Manhattan have company in race to the top of the MAAC 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 11 Villanova Wildcats 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Kentucky’s loaded rotation leads nation’s best front courts 0
- Cameron Payne didn’t expect to fill Isaiah Canaan’s void at Murray State, but he did 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: The Top 20 Perimeter Attacks 1
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 12 Wichita State 1
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes (7)
- Report: Texas plans to start paying their athletes $10,000 stipend (4)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (3)
- Maryland senior forward suffers sprained ankle (2)
- Texas A&M lands another five-star center, has loaded 2015 recruiting class (2)