Jun 2, 2014, 4:18 PM EDT
Just over a month after it was announced that he would not be returning to Mark Fox’s coaching staff at Georgia, assistant coach Stacey Palmore has found a new home. Monday afternoon it was announced that Palmore has joined Cliff Ellis’ staff at Coastal Carolina, and Palmore’s experience in the ACC and SEC is expected to help the Chanticleers on the recruiting trail.
“We are very excited to have Stacey join our men’s basketball program,” Ellis said in the release. “He brings a wealth of experience and comes to us, having served in two major conferences, the ACC and the SEC.
“He has extensive recruiting expertise in our exposure areas of South Carolina, Georgia, Virginia and North Carolina, and is well known and respected in these areas. We welcome Stacey on board as we continue to move forward and build on our recent success.”
Palmore joins associate head coach Don Hogan and assistant Benny Moss on Ellis’ staff. During Ellis’ seven years at the helm Coastal Carolina has won just over 60 percent of its games, winning more than 20 games in three of those seasons.
- Jalen Rose planning a book about the Fab Five 2
- Wisconsin’s Bo Ryan makes another statement wavering on potential retirement 0
- Cody Zeller, Indiana president speak out against recent athlete legal issues 0
- Five-star 2016 combo guard cuts list to four 0
- Xavier, Mount St. Joseph to launch the ‘Lauren Hill Tip-Off Classic’ 1
- Tai Wynyard: ‘I will be coming to UK in December’ 0
- Tom Izzo, 30 second shot clocks, and why zone presses will be more popular this year 1