Jun 2, 2014, 4:18 PM EST
Just over a month after it was announced that he would not be returning to Mark Fox’s coaching staff at Georgia, assistant coach Stacey Palmore has found a new home. Monday afternoon it was announced that Palmore has joined Cliff Ellis’ staff at Coastal Carolina, and Palmore’s experience in the ACC and SEC is expected to help the Chanticleers on the recruiting trail.
“We are very excited to have Stacey join our men’s basketball program,” Ellis said in the release. “He brings a wealth of experience and comes to us, having served in two major conferences, the ACC and the SEC.
“He has extensive recruiting expertise in our exposure areas of South Carolina, Georgia, Virginia and North Carolina, and is well known and respected in these areas. We welcome Stacey on board as we continue to move forward and build on our recent success.”
Palmore joins associate head coach Don Hogan and assistant Benny Moss on Ellis’ staff. During Ellis’ seven years at the helm Coastal Carolina has won just over 60 percent of its games, winning more than 20 games in three of those seasons.
- No. 9 Kansas rallies to beat No. 20 West Virginia in OT but injury to Perry Ellis is major concern 0
- Bubble Banter: Just how bad was Indiana’s loss to Iowa? 0
- Player of the Year Power Rankings: It’s Frank Kaminsky’s award to win 1
- Ohio Valley Tournament Preview and Postseason Awards 0
- Mike Krzyzewski refuses comment on Rasheed Sulaimon sexual assault allegations 10
- Bracketology: Villanova takes ahold of the fourth No. 1 seed 3
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: How far will Wisconsin and Gonzaga fall? 20
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: How far will Wisconsin and Gonzaga fall? (20)
- You Make the Call: Was Texas guard Isaiah Taylor fouled on this drive? (16)
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (13)
- Mike Krzyzewski refuses comment on Rasheed Sulaimon sexual assault allegations (10)
- Vanderbilt head coach Kevin Stallings apologizes for postgame outburst directed at freshman guard Wade Baldwin IV (9)