Jun 2, 2014, 11:00 PM EST
Oregon State added an experienced West Coast recruiter and assistant coach on Monday as Kerry Eggers of the Portland Tribune reported that head coach Wayne Tinkle added Gregg Gottlieb as an assistant coach.
Gottlieb most recently spent seven seasons at Cal under Mike Montgomery and spent eight seasons at San Diego State under Steve Fischer. Gottlieb worked with post players and coordinated recruiting at Cal and he’s also spent time at Cal Poly and Sacramento State.
Gottlieb helped recruit Ryan Anderson and Allen Crabbe to Cal and he’s also the brother of CBS Sports commentator and former Oklahoma State standout Doug Gottlieb.
Tinkle is making a strong hire by bringing in Gottlieb because he’s experienced recruiting and coaching on the coast and should help get some players in early.
- Bronson Koenig, Duje Dukan step forward in No. 2 Wisconsin’s win over Georgetown 0
- St. John’s seniors say they ‘grew up’ against Minnesota, but have they? 1
- The little things made a big difference in No. 3 Arizona’s win over No. 15 San Diego State 0
- Butler upsets No. 5 North Carolina in Battle 4 Atlantis opener 2
- If No. 12 Villanova doesn’t have a star on their roster, no one told JayVaughn Pinkston 0
- JayVaughn Pinkston’s block gives No. 12 Villanova a win over No. 19 Michigan (VIDEO) 2
- Maryland upsets No. 13 Iowa State as fearless freshmen mix with gritty veterans for balanced effort 3
- Villanova’s win is evidence of why VCU may have peaked as a basketball program (14)
- Rick Pitino on blow out win: ‘We played four white guys and an Egyptian’ (14)
- Michigan’s John Beilein rips ESPN for late tip time during Tuesday’s loss (13)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25: Kentucky reigns, but how far will Kansas, Florida slide? (5)
- Report: Gonzaga’s Josh Perkins broke his jaw (4)