Jun 2, 2014, 11:00 PM EDT
Oregon State added an experienced West Coast recruiter and assistant coach on Monday as Kerry Eggers of the Portland Tribune reported that head coach Wayne Tinkle added Gregg Gottlieb as an assistant coach.
Gottlieb most recently spent seven seasons at Cal under Mike Montgomery and spent eight seasons at San Diego State under Steve Fischer. Gottlieb worked with post players and coordinated recruiting at Cal and he’s also spent time at Cal Poly and Sacramento State.
Gottlieb helped recruit Ryan Anderson and Allen Crabbe to Cal and he’s also the brother of CBS Sports commentator and former Oklahoma State standout Doug Gottlieb.
Tinkle is making a strong hire by bringing in Gottlieb because he’s experienced recruiting and coaching on the coast and should help get some players in early.
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: UCF lands a unique center, Tennessee’s impact wing, Saint Louis gets rising center 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 6 Virginia Cavaliers 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: College Basketball Dream Team 1
- VCU’s Treveon Graham: From lightly recruited to leader of Havoc, the Atlantic 10 favorites 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 7 North Carolina Tar Heels 1
- Dayton’s Elite 8 run, Archie Miller’s decision to stay help continue Atlantic 10’s success 1
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Jahlil Okafor, Frank Kaminsky lead a strong crop of big men 0
- Sophomore guard decides to leave Kansas program (3)
- Five-star 2015 power forward down to five schools (2)
- Roy Williams says he was ‘dumbfounded’ following Kenneth Wainstein’s report (VIDEO) (2)
- Hawaii considering its options regarding NCAA investigation of basketball program (2)
- VCU’s band ‘The Peppas’ will be doing Haka War Chants this year (VIDEO) (2)