Jun 2, 2014, 11:00 PM EDT
Oregon State added an experienced West Coast recruiter and assistant coach on Monday as Kerry Eggers of the Portland Tribune reported that head coach Wayne Tinkle added Gregg Gottlieb as an assistant coach.
Gottlieb most recently spent seven seasons at Cal under Mike Montgomery and spent eight seasons at San Diego State under Steve Fischer. Gottlieb worked with post players and coordinated recruiting at Cal and he’s also spent time at Cal Poly and Sacramento State.
Gottlieb helped recruit Ryan Anderson and Allen Crabbe to Cal and he’s also the brother of CBS Sports commentator and former Oklahoma State standout Doug Gottlieb.
Tinkle is making a strong hire by bringing in Gottlieb because he’s experienced recruiting and coaching on the coast and should help get some players in early.
- Jalen Rose planning a book about the Fab Five 2
- Wisconsin’s Bo Ryan makes another statement wavering on potential retirement 0
- Cody Zeller, Indiana president speak out against recent athlete legal issues 0
- Five-star 2016 combo guard cuts list to four 0
- Xavier, Mount St. Joseph to launch the ‘Lauren Hill Tip-Off Classic’ 1
- Tai Wynyard: ‘I will be coming to UK in December’ 0
- Tom Izzo, 30 second shot clocks, and why zone presses will be more popular this year 1