Jun 2, 2014, 11:00 PM EDT
Oregon State added an experienced West Coast recruiter and assistant coach on Monday as Kerry Eggers of the Portland Tribune reported that head coach Wayne Tinkle added Gregg Gottlieb as an assistant coach.
Gottlieb most recently spent seven seasons at Cal under Mike Montgomery and spent eight seasons at San Diego State under Steve Fischer. Gottlieb worked with post players and coordinated recruiting at Cal and he’s also spent time at Cal Poly and Sacramento State.
Gottlieb helped recruit Ryan Anderson and Allen Crabbe to Cal and he’s also the brother of CBS Sports commentator and former Oklahoma State standout Doug Gottlieb.
Tinkle is making a strong hire by bringing in Gottlieb because he’s experienced recruiting and coaching on the coast and should help get some players in early.
- John Calipari can be a great coach with being an x’s-and-o’s mastermind 4
- Louisville’s Terry Rozier is ready for his bigger role this season 1
- Expectations have changed for Nebraska after surprise run to 2014 NCAA tournament 0
- John Calipari on whether Kentucky will use platoons this season: ‘I think so’ 3
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 1
- Austin Hatch, who twice survived plane crashes, plays for Michigan 0
- Kentucky loses final game of Bahamas tour, Jack Martinez hits game-winner for Dominican Republic (VIDEO) 0
- John Calipari calls Mike Francesa’s radio show to complain about a critique (AUDIO) (7)
- Rupp Arena ranked college hoops’ best home venue, Cameron Indoor 31st? (6)
- Northern Illinois unveils its new basketball floor (PHOTO) (5)
- Former Vanderbilt player releasing book exposing sex, drugs and parties in college basketball (4)
- Indiana lands a final piece in their 2014 recruiting class (4)