Jun 2, 2014, 11:00 PM EST
Oregon State added an experienced West Coast recruiter and assistant coach on Monday as Kerry Eggers of the Portland Tribune reported that head coach Wayne Tinkle added Gregg Gottlieb as an assistant coach.
Gottlieb most recently spent seven seasons at Cal under Mike Montgomery and spent eight seasons at San Diego State under Steve Fischer. Gottlieb worked with post players and coordinated recruiting at Cal and he’s also spent time at Cal Poly and Sacramento State.
Gottlieb helped recruit Ryan Anderson and Allen Crabbe to Cal and he’s also the brother of CBS Sports commentator and former Oklahoma State standout Doug Gottlieb.
Tinkle is making a strong hire by bringing in Gottlieb because he’s experienced recruiting and coaching on the coast and should help get some players in early.
- Weekend Preview: A loaded Saturday slate highlights the weekend 0
- Rebounding, foul shooting help No. 2 Duke make up for 19 turnovers in win over UConn 0
- Michigan State starting forward to miss next two games with non-displaced wrist fracture 0
- Film Session: What’s plaguing Marcus Paige? 1
- Throwback Thursday: UConn ‘Shocks The World’ against Duke (VIDEO) 1
- New Year’s Resolutions: Virginia Cavaliers 1
- Chase for 180: So far, so good for Virginia’s Justin Anderson 0
- Gregg Marshall writes to Wichita State students after seeing empty seats in student section (PHOTO) (7)
- Report: David Robinson’s son will be preferred walk-on at Duke in 2015-16 (VIDEO) (6)
- West Virginia’s Bob Huggins torches Marshall after coach calls Huggs ‘afraid’ (5)
- Without Alex Poythress, No. 1 Kentucky’s offense looks comfortable in win over No. 21 North Carolina (4)
- Lauren Hill’s playing career over, to become honorary coach (4)