Jun 2, 2014, 11:55 PM EDT
After losing Avry Holmes to transfer, San Francisco had an open spot at point guard. Head coach Rex Walters and the Dons rebounded on Monday as they landed a commitment from class of 2014 three-star guard Devin Watson.
Watson signed his NLI and it was announced in a release from the school.
“We are excited that Devin has decided to attend the University of San Francisco,” Walters said in the release. “He is a true point guard who not only has the ability to make his teammates better but he can also score it in a lot of different ways. Our team just got better and I’m excited to help him become all he is capable of.”
A native of Oceanside, California, the 6-foot-1 Watson had previously committed to Oregon State, but the two separated before the November signing period last fall.
Watson averaged 24 points, eight assists and four rebounds per game at El Camino High School and led them to a 27-6 overall record and a 10-0 conference record.
Watson is joined in San Francisco’s 2014 class by point guard Frankie Ferrari, shooting guard Chase Foster and small forward Jared Stutzman. Stutzman is taking a two-year church mission before enrolling and won’t be with the men’s basketball program until the fall of 2016.
Montray Clemons, a former DePaul forward and junior college transfer, also joins the program.
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Boston College, Illinois, LSU have big visitors 0
- Kentucky’s John Calipari offers his thoughts on USA Basketball critiques 0
- Coach K responds to USA Basketball criticism during press conference 1
- A key piece for Providence is cleared for full-contact practice 0
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ 8
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan 5
- Thoughts on Antonio Blakeney, shoe companies and decommitments 1
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ (8)
- Big Blue Nation already camping out for Big Blue Madness? (PHOTO) (5)
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan (5)
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ (4)
- Bo Ryan hits golf balls into Wisconsin’s Camp Randall Stadium (PHOTO) (4)