Jun 2, 2014, 11:55 PM EDT
After losing Avry Holmes to transfer, San Francisco had an open spot at point guard. Head coach Rex Walters and the Dons rebounded on Monday as they landed a commitment from class of 2014 three-star guard Devin Watson.
Watson signed his NLI and it was announced in a release from the school.
“We are excited that Devin has decided to attend the University of San Francisco,” Walters said in the release. “He is a true point guard who not only has the ability to make his teammates better but he can also score it in a lot of different ways. Our team just got better and I’m excited to help him become all he is capable of.”
A native of Oceanside, California, the 6-foot-1 Watson had previously committed to Oregon State, but the two separated before the November signing period last fall.
Watson averaged 24 points, eight assists and four rebounds per game at El Camino High School and led them to a 27-6 overall record and a 10-0 conference record.
Watson is joined in San Francisco’s 2014 class by point guard Frankie Ferrari, shooting guard Chase Foster and small forward Jared Stutzman. Stutzman is taking a two-year church mission before enrolling and won’t be with the men’s basketball program until the fall of 2016.
Montray Clemons, a former DePaul forward and junior college transfer, also joins the program.
- USA U19 team wins in overtime of gold-medal game over Croatia at FIBA World Championships 0
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players in the Class of 2008? 1
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players in the Class of 2007? 0
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2006? 0
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2005? 1
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2004? 2
- Bo Ryan to retire from Wisconsin after next season 4
- Bo Ryan to retire from Wisconsin after next season (4)
- South Carolina coach Frank Martin releases statement, asks for confederate flag removal (3)
- UCLA lands four-star center, second 2017 commitment (3)
- So what happened to the chair Bobby Knight threw in 1985? (3)
- Flooding from storm damages Denver’s practice floor (PHOTOS) (3)