Jun 2, 2014, 11:55 PM EDT
After losing Avry Holmes to transfer, San Francisco had an open spot at point guard. Head coach Rex Walters and the Dons rebounded on Monday as they landed a commitment from class of 2014 three-star guard Devin Watson.
Watson signed his NLI and it was announced in a release from the school.
“We are excited that Devin has decided to attend the University of San Francisco,” Walters said in the release. “He is a true point guard who not only has the ability to make his teammates better but he can also score it in a lot of different ways. Our team just got better and I’m excited to help him become all he is capable of.”
A native of Oceanside, California, the 6-foot-1 Watson had previously committed to Oregon State, but the two separated before the November signing period last fall.
Watson averaged 24 points, eight assists and four rebounds per game at El Camino High School and led them to a 27-6 overall record and a 10-0 conference record.
Watson is joined in San Francisco’s 2014 class by point guard Frankie Ferrari, shooting guard Chase Foster and small forward Jared Stutzman. Stutzman is taking a two-year church mission before enrolling and won’t be with the men’s basketball program until the fall of 2016.
Montray Clemons, a former DePaul forward and junior college transfer, also joins the program.
- Cody Zeller, Indiana president speak out against recent athlete legal issues 0
- Five-star 2016 combo guard cuts list to four 0
- Xavier, Mount St. Joseph to launch the ‘Lauren Hill Tip-Off Classic’ 0
- Tai Wynyard: ‘I will be coming to UK in December’ 0
- Tom Izzo, 30 second shot clocks, and why zone presses will be more popular this year 1
- Kentucky lands a commitment from four-star 2016 forward 0
- Everything you need to know about the College Hoops Tip-Off Marathon 0
- Bill Self says Cheick Diallo could wait ‘at least another month’ for eligibility ruling (12)
- Winona State coach Mike Leaf resigned after player accused him of making drunken sexual advances (6)
- Blue Ribbon announces their preseason all-american team (3)
- Tulsa gets 2016 commitment from former Wichita State guard (2)
- Here’s what the new Illinois basketball court will look like (PHOTO) (2)