Jun 3, 2014, 1:00 PM EDT
Former Georgia big man John Cannon is on the move to end his career as the 6-foot-10, 240-pound center will finish at UNC Asheville. The news of Cannon’s transfer was first reported by Rick Lewis of Phenom Hoops Report.
Cannon has never averaged more than 8.5 minutes per game in three seasons at Georgia and he’ll sit out a season to redshirt before playing his final season at UNC Asheville.
Returning home to North Carolina, where Cannon is the all-time leading shot blocker in NCHSAA history, and sitting out a year could help Cannon adjust to his final season in college basketball.
UNC Asheville finished 17-15 and 10-6 in the Big South last season.
- Kyle Wiltjer to return to Gonzaga for his senior season 0
- Utah’s Jakob Poeltl will return to school for his sophomore season 1
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List 14
- Former Kansas State guard transferring to Creighton 0
- Former Cornell forward Shonn Miller headed to UConn for final season of eligibility 0
- Purdue center A.J. Hammons to return for senior season 0
- Five-star 7-footer Stephen Zimmerman commits to UNLV 4
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List (14)
- Duke’s Tyus Jones becomes third Blue Devil to enter the NBA Draft (11)
- Five-star Kentucky commit believes the NCAA will clear him to play (10)
- Updated 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 (9)
- Duke freshman Justise Winslow will enter 2015 NBA Draft (8)