Jun 3, 2014, 1:00 PM EDT
Former Georgia big man John Cannon is on the move to end his career as the 6-foot-10, 240-pound center will finish at UNC Asheville. The news of Cannon’s transfer was first reported by Rick Lewis of Phenom Hoops Report.
Cannon has never averaged more than 8.5 minutes per game in three seasons at Georgia and he’ll sit out a season to redshirt before playing his final season at UNC Asheville.
Returning home to North Carolina, where Cannon is the all-time leading shot blocker in NCHSAA history, and sitting out a year could help Cannon adjust to his final season in college basketball.
UNC Asheville finished 17-15 and 10-6 in the Big South last season.
- Cody Zeller, Indiana president speak out against recent athlete legal issues 0
- Five-star 2016 combo guard cuts list to four 0
- Xavier, Mount St. Joseph to launch the ‘Lauren Hill Tip-Off Classic’ 0
- Tai Wynyard: ‘I will be coming to UK in December’ 0
- Tom Izzo, 30 second shot clocks, and why zone presses will be more popular this year 1
- Kentucky lands a commitment from four-star 2016 forward 0
- Everything you need to know about the College Hoops Tip-Off Marathon 0
- Bill Self says Cheick Diallo could wait ‘at least another month’ for eligibility ruling (12)
- Blue Ribbon announces their preseason all-american team (3)
- Nike and Under Armour host showcase events as the Shoe Wars continue to heat up (2)
- Here’s what the new Illinois basketball court will look like (PHOTO) (2)
- Buffalo dismisses Justin Moss, reigning MAC Player of the Year, from team (2)