Jun 3, 2014, 1:00 PM EDT
Former Georgia big man John Cannon is on the move to end his career as the 6-foot-10, 240-pound center will finish at UNC Asheville. The news of Cannon’s transfer was first reported by Rick Lewis of Phenom Hoops Report.
Cannon has never averaged more than 8.5 minutes per game in three seasons at Georgia and he’ll sit out a season to redshirt before playing his final season at UNC Asheville.
Returning home to North Carolina, where Cannon is the all-time leading shot blocker in NCHSAA history, and sitting out a year could help Cannon adjust to his final season in college basketball.
UNC Asheville finished 17-15 and 10-6 in the Big South last season.
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 12 Wichita State 0
- South Dakota State’s Cody Larson thrives despite return home amidst unmet expectations 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: 20 Impact Freshmen 0
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes 6
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 13 VCU Rams 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 14 Florida Gators 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) 3
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes (6)
- Report: Texas plans to start paying their athletes $10,000 stipend (4)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (3)
- First Preseason Top 25 poll is out, Kentucky sits at No. 1 (2)
- Maryland senior forward suffers sprained ankle (2)