Jun 3, 2014, 1:00 PM EST
Former Georgia big man John Cannon is on the move to end his career as the 6-foot-10, 240-pound center will finish at UNC Asheville. The news of Cannon’s transfer was first reported by Rick Lewis of Phenom Hoops Report.
Cannon has never averaged more than 8.5 minutes per game in three seasons at Georgia and he’ll sit out a season to redshirt before playing his final season at UNC Asheville.
Returning home to North Carolina, where Cannon is the all-time leading shot blocker in NCHSAA history, and sitting out a year could help Cannon adjust to his final season in college basketball.
UNC Asheville finished 17-15 and 10-6 in the Big South last season.
- Bubble Banter: Just how safe is Michigan State, and did Ohio State punch a ticket? 1
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy 12
- Wednesday’s Snacks: No. 1 Kentucky moves to 28-0, Northwestern knocks off Indiana 0
- Duke’s defense once again an issue as they get taken to overtime by Virginia Tech 4
- Bubble Banter: Wild night in the Atlantic 10, Indiana in trouble? 0
- Wisconsin’s loss to Maryland a massive blow, but not for the reasons you think 4
- Bubble Banter: N.C. State lands a critical win, Texas loses … again 2
- Bill Self crushed, Jamari Traylor targeted during Kansas State court storm (VIDEO) (12)
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (12)
- Roy Williams calls out North Carolina fans following win over Georgia Tech (11)
- Dez Wells, Melo Trimble lead No. 14 Maryland to upset of No. 5 Wisconsin (9)
- Is Ohio State asking too much of freshman sensation D’Angelo Russell? (8)