Jun 3, 2014, 1:00 PM EDT
Former Georgia big man John Cannon is on the move to end his career as the 6-foot-10, 240-pound center will finish at UNC Asheville. The news of Cannon’s transfer was first reported by Rick Lewis of Phenom Hoops Report.
Cannon has never averaged more than 8.5 minutes per game in three seasons at Georgia and he’ll sit out a season to redshirt before playing his final season at UNC Asheville.
Returning home to North Carolina, where Cannon is the all-time leading shot blocker in NCHSAA history, and sitting out a year could help Cannon adjust to his final season in college basketball.
UNC Asheville finished 17-15 and 10-6 in the Big South last season.
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2004? 0
- Bo Ryan to retire from Wisconsin after next season 3
- Who are the names to watch for the 2016 NBA Draft? 2
- 2015 NBA Draft: The six biggest question marks moving forward 5
- 2015 NBA Draft: Pat Connaughton, Montrezl Harrell headline list of second round steals 0
- Karl-Anthony Towns becomes Kentucky’s third top overall pick in program history 1
- Syracuse makes it official that Mike Hopkins will take over in 2018 0
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too-Early Preseason Rankings (18)
- Cliff Alexander, Aaron Harrison among early entrants not selected Thursday night (6)
- Five-star guard to announce college choice Wednesday evening (5)
- 2015 NBA Draft: The six biggest question marks moving forward (5)
- Jamal Murray’s commitment a huge boost for Kentucky (4)