Jun 3, 2014, 8:04 PM EDT
Rainier Beach High (Washington) 2015 shooting guard Dejounte Murray announced his college decision on Tuesday night, committing to Washington. He becomes the third Huskies commit in the Class of 2015, joining fellow-four-star prospect Marquese Chriss, a 6-foot-8 power forward and his high school back court mate David Crisp.
He picked Washington over other West Coast programs such as Arizona, Gonzaga, Oregon, USC and Washington State.
The Seattle native averaged 11.0 points, 6.4 rebounds, 2.4 assists and 1.1 steals per game for Northwest Xpress in the Nike EYBL.
The addition of Murray will provide Washington will another valuable guard for the future given his length and ability to handle the ball. By the time he hits campus in the fall of 2015, guards Andrew Andrews and Darin Johnson will both be upperclassmen. Same goes for rising sophomore Nigel Williams-Goss, who contemplated the idea of declaring for the NBA Draft before deciding to return to school.
Murray, the 6-foot-4 rising senior, is rated as a four-star recruit and the No. 78 overall player in the Class of 2015, according to Rivals. He was high school teammates with incoming Louisville freshman forward Shaqquan Aaron.
- Texas point guard Isaiah Taylor returning for junior season 0
- EYBL Day 1: Jayson Tatum vs. Michael Porter Jr.; De’Aaron Fox, Jarred Vanderbilt go for big outings 0
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List 14
- Providence announces return of point guard Kris Dunn for 2015-16 season 0
- Five-star guard Malik Newman commits to Mississippi State 0
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too-Early Preseason Rankings 0
- Oklahoma guard Buddy Hield returning for senior season 0
- Duke lands commitment from elite PG Derryck Thornton, who will reclass (18)
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List (14)
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 (9)
- Louisville adds key grad transfer Damion Lee (6)
- All-MAC guard Shannon Evans to transfer from Buffalo; is athletics director Danny White at fault? (3)