Jun 3, 2014, 8:04 PM EDT
Rainier Beach High (Washington) 2015 shooting guard Dejounte Murray announced his college decision on Tuesday night, committing to Washington. He becomes the third Huskies commit in the Class of 2015, joining fellow-four-star prospect Marquese Chriss, a 6-foot-8 power forward and his high school back court mate David Crisp.
He picked Washington over other West Coast programs such as Arizona, Gonzaga, Oregon, USC and Washington State.
The Seattle native averaged 11.0 points, 6.4 rebounds, 2.4 assists and 1.1 steals per game for Northwest Xpress in the Nike EYBL.
The addition of Murray will provide Washington will another valuable guard for the future given his length and ability to handle the ball. By the time he hits campus in the fall of 2015, guards Andrew Andrews and Darin Johnson will both be upperclassmen. Same goes for rising sophomore Nigel Williams-Goss, who contemplated the idea of declaring for the NBA Draft before deciding to return to school.
Murray, the 6-foot-4 rising senior, is rated as a four-star recruit and the No. 78 overall player in the Class of 2015, according to Rivals. He was high school teammates with incoming Louisville freshman forward Shaqquan Aaron.
- College Basketball Talk’s Class of 2015 Draft 0
- Marcus Foster still hasn’t forgotten, or forgiven, those pulled scholarships 2
- Las Vegas Thursday Recap: Skal Labissiere, Stephen Zimmerman perform well 0
- Malik Beasley looking to capitalize on a big spring, summer 0
- Top 15 recruit Antonio Blakeney has made the ‘jump’ — literally — to elite status 2
- July Live Period Week Two Superlatives 0
- Seven Takeaways from the Under Armour Finals 0
- Chris Walker looks like he’s spent some time in the gym (PHOTO) (5)
- Mother of elite recruit Josh Jackson: ‘Josh hasn’t been recruited by anyone’ (5)
- NCAA gets rid of name-likeness release form for student-athletes (3)
- Isaiah Austin has a job with the NBA once he finishes degree at Baylor (2)
- Dayton unveils new logo, court and basketball uniforms (2)