Jun 3, 2014, 9:57 PM EDT
Kareem Canty is back to transferring to Auburn.
The latest twist in Canty’s transfer saga was reported by Jeff Goodman of ESPN on Tuesday night. Goodman had originally reported that the former Marshall point guard would be transferring to Auburn on April 19. A day later, Canty backed off that commitment, stating he wanted to visit South Florida before making a final decision.
Then on May 11, Canty announced he would enroll at USF. That lasted 23 days before he reversed his choice.
This past season with the Thundering Herd, Canty averaged 16.3 points and 5.5 assists per game. Once he sits out the 2014-2015 season, due to NCAA transfer rules, he will have three years of remaining eligibility.
Canty joins an incoming class which features fellow transfer K.C. Ross-Miller, who will have immediate eligibility. The rest of the group includes JuCo power forward Cinmeon Bowers, a former Florida State signee, Rivals 150 small forward Sam Logwood,Jack Purchase, a 6-foot-9 forward from Australia and former Virginia Tech commit T.J. Lang.
- Re-ranking Recruiting Classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2009? 1
- Florida State lands commitment from five-star 2016 prospect 0
- USA U19 team wins in overtime of gold-medal game over Croatia at FIBA World Championships 0
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players in the Class of 2008? 1
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players in the Class of 2007? 1
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2006? 0
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2005? 1
- Bill Self impresses South Korean students with jumper (VIDEO) (3)
- Michigan basketball will change to Jordan Brand from adidas as school announces new Nike deal (3)
- Senior mixtape of 7-foot-6 UCF incoming freshman Tacko Fall (VIDEO) (2)
- Rick Barnes finally addresses accusations against Texas (2)
- Steph Curry misses a dunk staring at his phone, runs to camera to see it (VIDEO) (2)