Jun 3, 2014, 11:10 PM EST
Former South Florida forward Zach LeDay will transfer to Virginia Tech, he announced on Tuesday night.
“I’m going to play at Virginia Tech. Thanks to all those who support me and all I believe in!” he tweeted.
LeDay was one of six players to transfer this offseason. Stan Heath was fired a head coach fired after seven seasons with a combined 97-130 record. That sparked a roster overhaul, though, LeDay waited until weeks after Orlando Antigua was introduced as head coach before he elected to leave the program.
The 6-foot-7 LeDay averaged 3.5 points and 2.6 board per game as a sophomore, starting half of the team’s games.
LeDay joins a large incoming class for Buzz Williams, who left Marquette for Blacksburg, Virginia after six seasons in the Big East. Ahmed Hill, a four-star shooting guard, headlines the group of freshmen entering the program along with shooting guard Jalen Hudson, small forward Justin Bibbs and center Satchel Pierce.
In May, former Maryland sophomore guard Seth Allen announced he would join the Hokies. Allen and LeDay will sit out the upcoming season due to NCAA transfer rules, and will have two years of eligibility remaining.
- Auburn coach Bruce Pearl greeted with cheers during first return to Tennessee (VIDEO) 0
- Rick Pitino on Terry Rozier’s impending NBA Draft decision: ‘He’s not coming back’ 0
- Weekend Preview: Duke-Virginia, an MVC showdown and UNC-Louisville 2
- Duke dismisses reserve shooting guard from program 13
- Chase for 180: Already a good shooter, Tyler Harvey’s been even better in 2014-15 0
- Film Session: The case for Jerian Grant as National Player of the Year 1
- Jerian Grant, No. 8 Notre Dame erase another double-digit deficit as they beat No. 4 Duke 7
- Duke dismisses reserve shooting guard from program (13)
- Bill Self on the loss of Kansas-Missouri rivalry: ‘It hasn’t been great’ (8)
- Jerian Grant, No. 8 Notre Dame erase another double-digit deficit as they beat No. 4 Duke (7)
- Coach K earns career win No. 1,000 in No. 5 Duke’s win over St. John’s (4)
- Kentucky lands commitment from international Class of 2016 big man (4)