Jun 3, 2014, 11:10 PM EST
Former South Florida forward Zach LeDay will transfer to Virginia Tech, he announced on Tuesday night.
“I’m going to play at Virginia Tech. Thanks to all those who support me and all I believe in!” he tweeted.
LeDay was one of six players to transfer this offseason. Stan Heath was fired a head coach fired after seven seasons with a combined 97-130 record. That sparked a roster overhaul, though, LeDay waited until weeks after Orlando Antigua was introduced as head coach before he elected to leave the program.
The 6-foot-7 LeDay averaged 3.5 points and 2.6 board per game as a sophomore, starting half of the team’s games.
LeDay joins a large incoming class for Buzz Williams, who left Marquette for Blacksburg, Virginia after six seasons in the Big East. Ahmed Hill, a four-star shooting guard, headlines the group of freshmen entering the program along with shooting guard Jalen Hudson, small forward Justin Bibbs and center Satchel Pierce.
In May, former Maryland sophomore guard Seth Allen announced he would join the Hokies. Allen and LeDay will sit out the upcoming season due to NCAA transfer rules, and will have two years of eligibility remaining.
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: How far will Wisconsin and Gonzaga fall? 0
- Bubble Banter: Oregon lands a key win, but Purdue, Stanford and Pitt lose 0
- Late Night Snacks: No. 7 Arizona, No. 11 Wichita State and No. 19 Baylor among Saturday’s big winners 1
- Did Gonzaga cost themselves a No. 1 seed with loss to BYU? 5
- Kaleb Tarczewski produces another quality outing as No. 7 Arizona beats No. 13 Utah 0
- Bubble Banter: Boise State, St. John’s, Dayton win the day; Texas, N.C. State lose; and Kansas State? 4
- No. 1 Kentucky moves to 29-0 with blowout win over No. 18 Arkansas 3
- You Make the Call: Was Texas guard Isaiah Taylor fouled on this drive? (13)
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (12)
- Bill Self crushed, Jamari Traylor targeted during Kansas State court storm (VIDEO) (11)
- Dez Wells, Melo Trimble lead No. 14 Maryland to upset of No. 5 Wisconsin (9)
- Vanderbilt head coach Kevin Stallings apologizes for postgame outburst directed at freshman guard Wade Baldwin IV (9)