Jun 3, 2014, 11:10 PM EDT
Former South Florida forward Zach LeDay will transfer to Virginia Tech, he announced on Tuesday night.
“I’m going to play at Virginia Tech. Thanks to all those who support me and all I believe in!” he tweeted.
LeDay was one of six players to transfer this offseason. Stan Heath was fired a head coach fired after seven seasons with a combined 97-130 record. That sparked a roster overhaul, though, LeDay waited until weeks after Orlando Antigua was introduced as head coach before he elected to leave the program.
The 6-foot-7 LeDay averaged 3.5 points and 2.6 board per game as a sophomore, starting half of the team’s games.
LeDay joins a large incoming class for Buzz Williams, who left Marquette for Blacksburg, Virginia after six seasons in the Big East. Ahmed Hill, a four-star shooting guard, headlines the group of freshmen entering the program along with shooting guard Jalen Hudson, small forward Justin Bibbs and center Satchel Pierce.
In May, former Maryland sophomore guard Seth Allen announced he would join the Hokies. Allen and LeDay will sit out the upcoming season due to NCAA transfer rules, and will have two years of eligibility remaining.
- College basketball’s seven biggest early entry losers for the 2015-2016 season 0
- College basketball’s six biggest early entry winners for the 2015-2016 season 0
- Austin Hatch’s inspirational basketball career has come to a close 0
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too-Early Preseason Rankings 0
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List 14
- Report: Yogi Ferrell to return to Indiana for senior season 0
- Texas point guard Isaiah Taylor returning for junior season 1
- Duke lands commitment from elite PG Derryck Thornton, who will reclass (18)
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List (14)
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 (9)
- Louisville adds key grad transfer Damion Lee (6)
- All-MAC guard Shannon Evans to transfer from Buffalo; is athletics director Danny White at fault? (3)