Jun 3, 2014, 11:10 PM EDT
Former South Florida forward Zach LeDay will transfer to Virginia Tech, he announced on Tuesday night.
“I’m going to play at Virginia Tech. Thanks to all those who support me and all I believe in!” he tweeted.
LeDay was one of six players to transfer this offseason. Stan Heath was fired a head coach fired after seven seasons with a combined 97-130 record. That sparked a roster overhaul, though, LeDay waited until weeks after Orlando Antigua was introduced as head coach before he elected to leave the program.
The 6-foot-7 LeDay averaged 3.5 points and 2.6 board per game as a sophomore, starting half of the team’s games.
LeDay joins a large incoming class for Buzz Williams, who left Marquette for Blacksburg, Virginia after six seasons in the Big East. Ahmed Hill, a four-star shooting guard, headlines the group of freshmen entering the program along with shooting guard Jalen Hudson, small forward Justin Bibbs and center Satchel Pierce.
In May, former Maryland sophomore guard Seth Allen announced he would join the Hokies. Allen and LeDay will sit out the upcoming season due to NCAA transfer rules, and will have two years of eligibility remaining.
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 14 Florida Gators 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) 2
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Washington’s big Monday, Maryland’s insurance, Two 2016 guards off board 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 15 Oklahoma Sooners 1
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Which new coaching hires will succeed? 0
- No longer supplementary pieces, two Texans will lead the way at Weber State 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Weber State won’t lack for challengers in Big Sky 0
- Big Ten writers release media poll, Wisconsin sits atop the league (6)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (2)
- First Preseason Top 25 poll is out, Kentucky sits at No. 1 (2)
- Maryland senior forward suffers sprained ankle (2)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Mid-Major Power Rankings (1)