Jun 3, 2014, 11:10 PM EDT
Former South Florida forward Zach LeDay will transfer to Virginia Tech, he announced on Tuesday night.
“I’m going to play at Virginia Tech. Thanks to all those who support me and all I believe in!” he tweeted.
LeDay was one of six players to transfer this offseason. Stan Heath was fired a head coach fired after seven seasons with a combined 97-130 record. That sparked a roster overhaul, though, LeDay waited until weeks after Orlando Antigua was introduced as head coach before he elected to leave the program.
The 6-foot-7 LeDay averaged 3.5 points and 2.6 board per game as a sophomore, starting half of the team’s games.
LeDay joins a large incoming class for Buzz Williams, who left Marquette for Blacksburg, Virginia after six seasons in the Big East. Ahmed Hill, a four-star shooting guard, headlines the group of freshmen entering the program along with shooting guard Jalen Hudson, small forward Justin Bibbs and center Satchel Pierce.
In May, former Maryland sophomore guard Seth Allen announced he would join the Hokies. Allen and LeDay will sit out the upcoming season due to NCAA transfer rules, and will have two years of eligibility remaining.
- Report: Tournament darling R.J. Hunter is heading to the NBA 0
- Texas freshman Myles Turner declares for the NBA Draft 0
- The Final Four is set, and it’s going to be insane 20
- No. 7 Michigan State reaches the Final Four for the seventh time under Izzo 12
- Wisconsin vs. Kentucky: The Final Four rematch we deserved to see 7
- No. 2 Arizona, Sean Miller’s quest to reach Final Four once again falls short 7
- Andrew Harrison’s late free throws send No. 1 Kentucky to the Final Four 79
- Andrew Harrison’s late free throws send No. 1 Kentucky to the Final Four (79)
- Kentucky’s John Calipari is the National Coach of the Year, and it’s not close (36)
- Kentucky responds to Daxter Miles Jr.’s pregame comments (30)
- Updated tournament records: Big Ten teams make up half of Final Four (27)
- West Virginia freshman on Kentucky: ‘They’re going to be 36-1′ (20)