Jun 4, 2014, 1:15 PM EST
Alabama junior forward Nick Jacobs missed the last seven games of the season, taking a leave of absence from the program. In mid-May, he made the decision to start new at a different school, electing to transfer for his final year.
On Wednesday morning, Jacobs has narrowed down his options to a pair of ACC schools. According to Jeff Goodman of ESPN, Jacobs is expected to choice from Miami and Georgia Tech.
The 6-foot-8 Jacobs averaged 8.4 points and 3.5 rebounds per game for the Crimson Tide before stepping aside from the remainder of the season on February 19. He’ll have to sit out next season, per NCAA transfer rules and eligible for one season.
Miami will have to replace three of its top four rebounders from 2013-2014, but 7-footer Tonye Jekiri, who grabbed the second most boards per game this season for the Hurricanes, just completed his sophomore season. Georgia Tech is looking to fill the void left by Robert Carter, who transferred after two seasons. The Yellow Jackets have reportedly been pursuing former Maryland forward Charles Mitchell, who has two years remaining.
Mitchell announced he would be leaving Alabama on May 13.
- Film Session: What’s plaguing Marcus Paige? 0
- Throwback Thursday: UConn ‘Shocks The World’ against Duke (VIDEO) 1
- New Year’s Resolutions: Virginia Cavaliers 1
- Chase for 180: So far, so good for Virginia’s Justin Anderson 0
- New Year’s Resolutions: Kansas Jayhawks 1
- Wichita State’s offensive struggles highlighted by come-from-behind win vs. Alabama 2
- Michigan State’s efficient three-point shooting is key for 2014-15 success 0
- Dana Altman says Oregon’s hands up, don’t shoot protest not ‘appropriate time’ (20)
- Gregg Marshall writes to Wichita State students after seeing empty seats in student section (PHOTO) (7)
- Report: David Robinson’s son will be preferred walk-on at Duke in 2015-16 (VIDEO) (6)
- Self says No. 10 Kansas is ‘not good right now’, and that should scare you (5)
- West Virginia’s Bob Huggins torches Marshall after coach calls Huggs ‘afraid’ (5)