Jun 4, 2014, 5:55 PM EDT
With Jamie Zaninovich leaving his position as commissioner of the West Coast Conference to become deputy commissioner of the Pac-12, the NCAA Division I men’s basketball committee had a spot that needed to be filled. That occurred Wednesday, with BYU athletic director Tom Holmoe being the choice to replace Zaninovich.
“Jamie has been an incredible asset to the men’s basketball committee and to the championship as a whole, and we wish him continued success in the terrific new opportunity he has at the Pac-12,” NCAA vice president for men’s basketball Dan Gavitt said in the release.
“Tom has a tremendous amount of respect from his colleagues in intercollegiate athletics and is an ideal choice to replace Jamie. We look forward to his significant contributions to the committee and tournament.”
Holmoe has been the athletic director at BYU since 2005. The selection committee he’s joining will be led in 2014-15 by Utah State vice president and director of athletics Scott Barnes. Here are the other eight members of the NCAA tournament selection committee for the upcoming campaign:
- Joe Alleva (LSU AD)
- Joe Castiglione (Oklahoma AD)
- Janet Cone (UNC-Asheville AD)
- Mark Hollis (Michigan State AD)
- Judy MacLeod (Conference USA associate commissioner)
- Bernard Muir (Stanford AD)
- Bruce Rasmussen (Creighton AD)
- Peter Roby (Northeastern AD)
Like Holmoe, this will be the first season on the selection committee for both Cone and Muir.
- Jalen Rose planning a book about the Fab Five 2
- Wisconsin’s Bo Ryan makes another statement wavering on potential retirement 0
- Cody Zeller, Indiana president speak out against recent athlete legal issues 0
- Five-star 2016 combo guard cuts list to four 0
- Xavier, Mount St. Joseph to launch the ‘Lauren Hill Tip-Off Classic’ 1
- Tai Wynyard: ‘I will be coming to UK in December’ 0
- Tom Izzo, 30 second shot clocks, and why zone presses will be more popular this year 1