Jun 4, 2014, 6:47 PM EST
After spending the last two seasons on Wayne Tinkle’s staff at Montana, Kerry Rupp will make the move with his boss to Oregon State and serve as Tinkle’s associate head coach. Rupp, who has coached at the college level since 2000 (coaching at the high school level for more than two decades prior to making the move), is the second addition to Tinkle’s coaching staff with former Cal assistant Gregg Gottlieb being the first.
“I’m thrilled to have Kerry on our staff here at Oregon State” Tinkle said in the release. “He was with me the last two years at Montana and just brings a wealth of knowledge of the game, both offensively and defensively. He’s unbelievable in player development.
“You look at who he’s coached and where he’s been; his resume speaks volumes for his experience. We are just excited to have him here at Oregon State.”
Rupp has been a head coach at two different Division I schools, serving as the interim head coach at Utah during the 2003-04 season and leading the Louisiana Tech program from 2007-11. Prior to taking over at Louisiana Tech, Rupp was a member of Mike Davis’ coaching staffs at Indiana (2004-06) and UAB (2006-07).
- St. John’s seniors say they ‘grew up’ against Minnesota, but have they? 0
- The little things made a big difference in No. 3 Arizona’s win over No. 15 San Diego State 0
- Butler upsets No. 5 North Carolina in Battle 4 Atlantis opener 2
- If No. 12 Villanova doesn’t have a star on their roster, no one told JayVaughn Pinkston 0
- JayVaughn Pinkston’s block gives No. 12 Villanova a win over No. 19 Michigan (VIDEO) 2
- Maryland upsets No. 13 Iowa State as fearless freshmen mix with gritty veterans for balanced effort 3
- Rondae Hollis-Jefferson’s selflessness during the Maui Invitational will help No. 3 Arizona in the long run 0
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (31)
- Villanova’s win is evidence of why VCU may have peaked as a basketball program (14)
- Michigan’s John Beilein rips ESPN for late tip time during Tuesday’s loss (13)
- Rick Pitino on blow out win: ‘We played four white guys and an Egyptian’ (12)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25: Kentucky reigns, but how far will Kansas, Florida slide? (5)