Jun 4, 2014, 6:47 PM EDT
After spending the last two seasons on Wayne Tinkle’s staff at Montana, Kerry Rupp will make the move with his boss to Oregon State and serve as Tinkle’s associate head coach. Rupp, who has coached at the college level since 2000 (coaching at the high school level for more than two decades prior to making the move), is the second addition to Tinkle’s coaching staff with former Cal assistant Gregg Gottlieb being the first.
“I’m thrilled to have Kerry on our staff here at Oregon State” Tinkle said in the release. “He was with me the last two years at Montana and just brings a wealth of knowledge of the game, both offensively and defensively. He’s unbelievable in player development.
“You look at who he’s coached and where he’s been; his resume speaks volumes for his experience. We are just excited to have him here at Oregon State.”
Rupp has been a head coach at two different Division I schools, serving as the interim head coach at Utah during the 2003-04 season and leading the Louisiana Tech program from 2007-11. Prior to taking over at Louisiana Tech, Rupp was a member of Mike Davis’ coaching staffs at Indiana (2004-06) and UAB (2006-07).
- College Basketball Talk’s Class of 2015 Draft 0
- Marcus Foster still hasn’t forgotten, or forgiven, those pulled scholarships 2
- Las Vegas Thursday Recap: Skal Labissiere, Stephen Zimmerman perform well 0
- Malik Beasley looking to capitalize on a big spring, summer 0
- Top 15 recruit Antonio Blakeney has made the ‘jump’ — literally — to elite status 2
- July Live Period Week Two Superlatives 0
- Seven Takeaways from the Under Armour Finals 0
- Chris Walker looks like he’s spent some time in the gym (PHOTO) (5)
- Mother of elite recruit Josh Jackson: ‘Josh hasn’t been recruited by anyone’ (5)
- NCAA gets rid of name-likeness release form for student-athletes (3)
- Isaiah Austin has a job with the NBA once he finishes degree at Baylor (2)
- Dayton unveils new logo, court and basketball uniforms (2)