Jun 4, 2014, 6:47 PM EDT
After spending the last two seasons on Wayne Tinkle’s staff at Montana, Kerry Rupp will make the move with his boss to Oregon State and serve as Tinkle’s associate head coach. Rupp, who has coached at the college level since 2000 (coaching at the high school level for more than two decades prior to making the move), is the second addition to Tinkle’s coaching staff with former Cal assistant Gregg Gottlieb being the first.
“I’m thrilled to have Kerry on our staff here at Oregon State” Tinkle said in the release. “He was with me the last two years at Montana and just brings a wealth of knowledge of the game, both offensively and defensively. He’s unbelievable in player development.
“You look at who he’s coached and where he’s been; his resume speaks volumes for his experience. We are just excited to have him here at Oregon State.”
Rupp has been a head coach at two different Division I schools, serving as the interim head coach at Utah during the 2003-04 season and leading the Louisiana Tech program from 2007-11. Prior to taking over at Louisiana Tech, Rupp was a member of Mike Davis’ coaching staffs at Indiana (2004-06) and UAB (2006-07).
- Jalen Rose planning a book about the Fab Five 2
- Wisconsin’s Bo Ryan makes another statement wavering on potential retirement 0
- Cody Zeller, Indiana president speak out against recent athlete legal issues 0
- Five-star 2016 combo guard cuts list to four 0
- Xavier, Mount St. Joseph to launch the ‘Lauren Hill Tip-Off Classic’ 1
- Tai Wynyard: ‘I will be coming to UK in December’ 0
- Tom Izzo, 30 second shot clocks, and why zone presses will be more popular this year 1
- Former Oklahoma State guard suing university, head coach Travis Ford (3)
- Jalen Rose planning a book about the Fab Five (2)
- ACC releases its full conference schedule (2)
- Throwback Thursday: Juan Dixon and company win Maryland’s lone national title (2)
- Colorado State finds difficulty scheduling good non-conference games (1)