Jun 4, 2014, 6:47 PM EDT
After spending the last two seasons on Wayne Tinkle’s staff at Montana, Kerry Rupp will make the move with his boss to Oregon State and serve as Tinkle’s associate head coach. Rupp, who has coached at the college level since 2000 (coaching at the high school level for more than two decades prior to making the move), is the second addition to Tinkle’s coaching staff with former Cal assistant Gregg Gottlieb being the first.
“I’m thrilled to have Kerry on our staff here at Oregon State” Tinkle said in the release. “He was with me the last two years at Montana and just brings a wealth of knowledge of the game, both offensively and defensively. He’s unbelievable in player development.
“You look at who he’s coached and where he’s been; his resume speaks volumes for his experience. We are just excited to have him here at Oregon State.”
Rupp has been a head coach at two different Division I schools, serving as the interim head coach at Utah during the 2003-04 season and leading the Louisiana Tech program from 2007-11. Prior to taking over at Louisiana Tech, Rupp was a member of Mike Davis’ coaching staffs at Indiana (2004-06) and UAB (2006-07).
- Report: Yogi Ferrell to return to Indiana for senior season 0
- Texas point guard Isaiah Taylor returning for junior season 1
- EYBL Day 1: Jayson Tatum vs. Michael Porter Jr.; De’Aaron Fox, Jarred Vanderbilt go for big outings 0
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List 14
- Providence announces return of point guard Kris Dunn for 2015-16 season 0
- Five-star guard Malik Newman commits to Mississippi State 0
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too-Early Preseason Rankings 0
- Duke lands commitment from elite PG Derryck Thornton, who will reclass (18)
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List (14)
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 (9)
- Louisville adds key grad transfer Damion Lee (6)
- All-MAC guard Shannon Evans to transfer from Buffalo; is athletics director Danny White at fault? (3)